Poll

Do These Ideas Make You Excited or Feel Good?

All of the Time
2 (20%)
Most of the Time
0 (0%)
Half of the Time
7 (70%)
Quarter of the Time
1 (10%)
None of the Time
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Author Topic: Greenly’s Trade Ideas (merged)  (Read 90482 times)

Re: Idea: BOS-CLE-WAS Trade to Get Beal & Mobley
« Reply #120 on: November 21, 2021, 10:15:42 AM »

Offline Chef Parish

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 1673
This would really be my dream:

BOS In: Beal, Mobley
BOS Out: Brown, Langford, 2022 1st, 2024 1st, 2026 1st, 2028 1st

CLE In: Brown, Langford
CLE Out: Mobley, Love

WAS In: Love, BOS 1sts in 2022, 2024, 2026 and 2028
WAS Out: Beal

Clearly the scenario hinges on Beal forcing his way out at the deadline, and agreeing to extend when traded here to pair with Tatum. We’d truly have a Big 3 in place for 2023-beyond considering this would be the roster heading into the off-season, assuming we bring Horford back one way or another:

Smart/Pritchard
Beal/Richardson
Tatum/Nesmith
Horford/G. Williams
Mobley/R. Williams

That’s three potential HOFers, and an epic shooting threat in Beal/Tatum.

It's amazing that the Celtics do not have to give up any second round draft picks in this deal.

« Reply #121 on: November 21, 2021, 10:18:32 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Washington not trading Beal & Cavs sure not trading Mobley

Besides that it works.
Yup

« Reply #122 on: November 21, 2021, 10:46:53 AM »

Offline hardlyyardley

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 149
Nobody worried about Beal not being vaccinated?

« Reply #123 on: November 21, 2021, 11:25:14 AM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885

Keep dreamin’ then.

« Reply #124 on: November 21, 2021, 11:28:23 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Mobley is borderline untouchable. 

I said before the draft, I didn’t understand why somebody with his skills wasn’t projected #1.  Now watching him play, I’m even more confused. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #125 on: November 21, 2021, 01:32:18 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Question for everyone: If you were a Cleveland fan, do you really consider Mobley + Allen (or anybody you can get for Allen) + Stuck With Love > Jaylen Brown + Allen + Dumping Love?

I agree Mobley is quickly approaching untouchable status, but I also think JB is a potential all-pro wing who could be very attractive to the team with both Mobley and Allen (and Markannen). One of those has gotta go and there’s no way they can do better than Brown for Mobley (they’re both in that sort of borderline untouchable status, and TBD on who ends up having the better career). Plus, this avenue gets Love off the books and frees up space for an elite free agent in 2022 or 2023 to pair with Brown and Allen, both of whom only make between $20-25 mil/yr

With Mobley out the next 2-4 weeks with an elbow issue, and the Cavs being the Cavs, I expect the Cavs to tumble to the bottom of the play-in line come the new year. If the Wizards tumble and/or Beal decides come new year he wants to be with his homeboy, this trade is the new 2007-esque masterpiece move we’ve been patiently waiting for…
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 01:41:43 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #126 on: November 21, 2021, 01:43:25 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Nobody worried about Beal not being vaccinated?

In all likelihood, he’s already been exposed if he really is unvaccinated.

« Reply #127 on: November 21, 2021, 01:43:52 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

Keep dreamin’ then.

Frankly, I think so highly of Mobley that I’d trade Tatum for him. But I’d prefer to somehow bring him here paired with Tatum. Even if we could not get Beal, I think a foundation of Tatum/Mobley is one heck of a core to build around.

If We Become a Lottery Team, Ship JT & JB West
« Reply #128 on: November 25, 2021, 03:48:04 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
Let’s say we’re at the deadline and sitting in thirteenth place. Would you consider these moves for a rebuild:

BOS In: Ja Morant, Tyrese Haliburton, Davion Mitchell, Harrison Barnes, Steven Adams, 2023 1st Swap W/SAC (Best to BOS)
BOS Out: Jayson Tatum, Jaylen Brown, Juancho Hernangomez, Bruno Fernando

MEM In: Jayson Tatum
MEM Out: Ja Morant, Steven Adams

SAC In: Jaylen Brown, Juancho Hernangomez, Bruno Fernando
SAC Out: Tyrese Haliburton, Davion Mitchell, Harrison Barnes, 2023 1st Swap W/SAC (Best to BOS)

Obviously we’d also move Schröder to the highest bidder at the deadline. Perhaps we ship Smart alongside him and take on an expiring contract and two first-round picks?

Heading into the off-season, we’d have a top pick and the following after stretching Horford:

Morant/Mitchell/Pritchard
Haliburton/Smart/Richardson/Langford
Barnes/Nesmith
GWill
Adams/Timelord

Bring back Horford at the 4/5, and move both Smart and Richardson for more front court depth. Also use up those TPEs to build more depth at the 3/4.

Personally would love to transition away from JT/JB towards Morant/Halliburton if at all possible. Possibly provides flexibility to sign a major free agent in 2022/2023, as well, especially if we can move Smart, Richardson and Timelord for picks (Barnes and Adams would expire at the start of the 2023 off-season, so we could potentially go into that off-season with Mitchell, Pritchard, Haliburton and Nesmith on rookie contracts with plenty of room to sign at least one max free agent and extend Morant).
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 03:54:48 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

Re: If We Become a Lottery Team, Ship JT & JB West
« Reply #129 on: November 25, 2021, 03:51:05 PM »

Kiorrik

« Reply #130 on: November 25, 2021, 03:54:02 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
So...  the goal is to be in the lottery for the next half-decade or more?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #131 on: November 25, 2021, 03:58:08 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell

If we’re a lottery team this year, what in god’s name makes you think JT/JB is working and they are going to lead us to a championship with most of our cap tied up in a duo that just doesn’t play well together?

Morant/Haliburton/Mitchell would be more exciting/complementary than JT/JB/Smart, and since all three are on rookie contracts we can actually bring in a max free agent in 2022 or 2023 to have a Big 3.

« Reply #132 on: November 25, 2021, 04:01:15 PM »

Kiorrik

Sorry Greenly.

It's just, you create a lot of these and erm ... They kind of seem like wild dreams, created in NBA2k or something.

Throwing the kitchen sink out along with everything else ... it just doesn't seem very plausible.

Normally trades like this land you an established veteran superstar on the edge of their prime. Not ... more odd pieces.

« Reply #133 on: November 25, 2021, 04:01:30 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

If we’re a lottery team this year, what in god’s name makes you think JT/JB is working and they are going to lead us to a championship with most of our cap tied up in a duo that just doesn’t play well together?

Morant/Haliburton/Mitchell would be more exciting/complementary than JT/JB/Smart, and since all three are on rookie contracts we can actually bring in a max free agent in 2022 or 2023 to have a Big 3.

Three PGs are more complementary than two forwards and a guard?

But, if we finish in 13th, that probably means that Tatum and Brown were injured and sat out the season.  So, the best choice would be to take a top-5 pick and build around the Jays.

« Reply #134 on: November 25, 2021, 04:06:53 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
I’d also try to move Smart and Schröder to San Antonio for Thad Young, Jock Landale, 2024 SA/BOS 1st Swap (Best to BOS), 2025 SA/BOS 1st Swap (Best to BOS), and 2026 SA/BOS 1st Swap (Best to BOS). They may go along with a bet on swaps after seeing us move JT and JB, particularly since Pops is probably not going to be around in 3-4 years and knows that Schröder/Smart could help him win now/next year.