Author Topic: Kyrie and David Price Similarities  (Read 1401 times)

Kyrie and David Price Similarities
« on: October 12, 2021, 08:18:48 PM »

Offline Chef Parish

• NGT
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 1673
Kyrie 's behavior sort of reminds me of David Price.

Both can be talented
Both have been somewhat injury prone
Both have huge contracts
Both have made lots of money
Both skipped playing because of COVID
Both don't mind skipping out of playing games even at the expense of losing money
Both left town with very few fans upset that they left because of their bad attitudes
Both have blown off the media

I'm sure there's more.

I would think most people would have a stronger disdain for Kyrie since Price did have his moment in the WS but they both have that whatever attitude however Kyrie is more of a babbling nutcase.

Re: Kyrie and David Price Similarities
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2021, 09:17:48 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I never had an issue with Price. He had a couple great years here and helped win a World Series for the Sox. He was moved because of a bad contract  and his sitting out due to Covid happened as a Dodger.

Kyrie on the other hand led the team to nothing, strung the front office along during free agency, was a massive cancer on and off the court and is generally a dirt bag.

Price could be prickly, especially to the media and some team mates that first season, but did get better with his team mates after that first season. I generally don't care if players don't get along with the media as long as that doesn't translate to issues with his team mates and coaches.

« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2021, 09:36:25 PM »

Online Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1431
Kyrie 's behavior sort of reminds me of David Price.

Both can be talented
Both have been somewhat injury prone
Both have huge contracts
Both have made lots of money
Both skipped playing because of COVID
Both don't mind skipping out of playing games even at the expense of losing money
Both left town with very few fans upset that they left because of their bad attitudes
Both have blown off the media

I'm sure there's more.

I would think most people would have a stronger disdain for Kyrie since Price did have his moment in the WS but they both have that whatever attitude however Kyrie is more of a babbling nutcase.

Kyrie is on a whole other level. It’s not even close.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2021, 10:25:29 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Price has thin skin, Kyrie is bordering on crazy.  I’m not a fan of either, but it’s no contest.  Kyrie is much more toxic.

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2021, 01:08:10 AM »

Online ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1372
Price has thin skin, Kyrie is bordering on crazy.  I’m not a fan of either, but it’s no contest.  Kyrie is much more toxic.

Yes, I don't think Price was anywhere near as bad as Cryrie is. Cryrie has somehow taken on a martyr complex to "be the voice for the voiceless". Come on they're not exactly voiceless, there's a huge anti-vax and anti-mandate movement in the US and they certainly have a lot of support. He just doesn't want to be told what to do, which is fair enough - but which is why he's not playing, because laws are laws.

Maybe he will retire and go into politics and try to get the law changed...to me, even if I disagreed with his stance, that would at least be him trying to use the political process to achieve his goals rather than what he's doing now.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2021, 04:01:27 AM »

Offline trickybilly

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 618
You get the W for 2 WS game wins? Almost Boston sports royalty.
"Gimme the ball, gimme the ball". Freddy Quimby, 1994.