Author Topic: Jaylen has covid  (Read 7041 times)

Re: Jaylen has covid
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2021, 08:21:01 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

Bradley Beal said. The jab doesn't prevent you from getting it or spreading it. So why do they continue to force this thing?

Eh.  Seatbelts don’t prevent deaths in automobile accidents, either.

So what's the point in taking the jab if it doesn't prevent or stop transmission? Natural immunity has been proven now to be much better and longer lasting.

Very small chance of death unless old or very sick vaxed or not.

The vaccine is much longer lasting than natural immunity.   The vaccine isn't dangerous.  Covid has long term health impacts in tons of people even if youre not hospitalized, so getting it is not a great idea.  Contracting it even if you are fine and don't have long term health implications still means you're extremely contagious.  Even if you're young and healthy and contract it you can die and the chance of that is much higher than any Stat you can pull out about the vaccine. 

As someone with a kid who is super at risk, the high you get from being contrarion on the internet isn't more valuable than my son's life.

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2021, 08:30:55 PM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2509

Bradley Beal said. The jab doesn't prevent you from getting it or spreading it. So why do they continue to force this thing?

So what's the point in taking the jab if it doesn't prevent or stop transmission? Natural immunity has been proven now to be much better and longer lasting.

If you replace “old” with “young” in your last sentence would you still think there’s no point in taking the jab? 

Not sure I understand how people who are ill or over 60 don’t seem to matter all that much.   The % of Americans over 60 is about the same as Americans under 18.

To be fair, if forced to compare, I do value the lives of children more so than elderly -  but it does feel like your premise is basically, if it just kills old people and sick people why should the rest of us make any extra effort?

And of course the jab does provide protection from transmission, severe illness,  and death.

« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2021, 08:37:47 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Man, this stuff has been common knowledge for a while.  The data is there, the facts are there.  It's everywhere.  It seems like the antivaxers' only source of information is each other!

« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2021, 08:43:31 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

Tatum needed an inhaler for months to play basketball last year.  If JB is vaccinated and recovers quickly, there’s your answer.

That logic checks out.

« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2021, 08:45:29 PM »

Offline gift

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 291

The vaccine is much longer lasting than natural immunity.   The vaccine isn't dangerous.  Covid has long term health impacts in tons of people even if youre not hospitalized, so getting it is not a great idea.  Contracting it even if you are fine and don't have long term health implications still means you're extremely contagious.  Even if you're young and healthy and contract it you can die and the chance of that is much higher than any Stat you can pull out about the vaccine. 

As someone with a kid who is super at risk, the high you get from being contrarion on the internet isn't more valuable than my son's life.

Did you intentionally try to discredit your whole post with that first sentence?

« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2021, 08:56:39 PM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 391

If you replace “old” with “young” in your last sentence would you still think there’s no point in taking the jab? 

Not sure I understand how people who are ill or over 60 don’t seem to matter all that much.   The % of Americans over 60 is about the same as Americans under 18.

To be fair, if forced to compare, I do value the lives of children more so than elderly -  but it does feel like your premise is basically, if it just kills old people and sick people why should the rest of us make any extra effort?

And of course the jab does provide protection from transmission, severe illness,  and death.

TP. That’s a great way to put it. People seem to forget that those who aren’t them are people too.

- LilRip

« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2021, 08:56:57 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419

Did you intentionally try to discredit your whole post with that first sentence?

https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/covid-19-studies-natural-immunity-versus-vaccination

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s0806-vaccination-protection.html

« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2021, 09:10:59 PM »

Offline MICeltsfan

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 43

I rarely join in on discussions like this, but I feel obligated to comment here. I love this forum and read it often. Rarely feel I have anything worth contributing though. As someone who treats covid patients regularly and who discusses vaccine hesitancy even more frequently, I feel compelled to post.

It is fair to say the efficacy of natural vs vaccine induced immunity is debatable, but certainly nothing has been proven. Stating anything has been proven either way is not accurate.

In terms of why one should get the vaccine even if they have had the infection, I often point to an NIH article available online. This was a pretty interesting and fairly readable short article from June (maybe getting a hair out of date in the post-covid rapid fire research publications) that discussed how vaccine induced immunity may help against novel variants more than natural immunity. I’m not saying it does, just that it might and that should be worth considering.

https://directorsblog.nih.gov/2021/06/22/how-immunity-generated-from-covid-19-vaccines-differs-from-an-infection/

In terms of natural immunity benefits, most arguments for natural covid immunity being superior cite a study from Israel that  has yet to be published in a peer reviewed source unless I am mistaken. The data from this study is out there, though, and does suggest lower likelihood of reinfection, but there are some questions raised about methodologies (for example only the survivors of initial infection were included in natural immunity… I also haven’t seen data on how severe the natural immunity group was affected).  It does support the efficacy of natural immunity for sure, though. I believe the data may also support the benefits of dual immunity (vaccine plus natural).

With all that said, each of the vaccines do very clearly prevent severe infections. Even with breakthrough cases, severity, hospitalizations, and death are reduced. That strikes me as a trifecta of good things.

What doesn’t get talked about enough with the risk of infection is MORBIDITY and not just mortality. 21st century healthcare is really good at keeping people alive (at least until we run out of beds or people to staff the beds). But long term effects and disability can be brutal with Covid-19 infection. And there’s just no way to know who will draw the short straw if you get infected. There’s overwhelming evidence that the vaccine reduces morbidity from covid-19 infection.

On a side note, was the whole seatbelts don’t save lives comment from earlier in this thread meant as tongue in cheek? Maybe I’m just on an accurate information crusade right now, but that one caught me way off guard and nobody else seemed to blink at that.

« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2021, 09:22:52 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

https://www.nebraskamed.com/COVID/covid-19-studies-natural-immunity-versus-vaccination

https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s0806-vaccination-protection.html
There is no "the vaccine".  There are different vaccines with different effectiveness. 

Two studies showing immunity from Pfizer wanes pretty quickly although it continues to be very good at reducing hospitalizations and death.  Thus Pfizer's push for a booster.  Natural immunity lasts longer.  Best is both natural immunity and vaccine. 
https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/06/health/pfizer-vaccine-waning-immunity/index.html 

« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2021, 09:55:24 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I can explain the principal of why you get vaccination and I hope this gives people who have questions some answers. Too often I see people not fully explaining the why you get vaccinated.

1. Vaccination is a safer way of boosting your immune system to fight Covid. Without it you are very likely going to have a higher degree of difficulty dealing with Covid. How it's safer is it introduces a non-harmful message into the body that Covid is a virus and it should be killed if the body sees it. Natural immunity has to learn from the harmful virus on its own and sometimes the body learns too late on how to fight. This can lead to bad infection, trauma and/or death.

2. Vaccination helps fight the spread because the body is trained to fight Covid right away. When your body isn't trained there is more infection before identification thus more reproduction / spread. Think of it as a spill on the floor. If you see the spill right away you can contain it. If its something that spilled over night its gone everywhere. This has been measured in people's bodies and respiratory systems. The longer the virus has to spread the bigger the volume of active virus that there will be released when breathing, coughing, sneezing, talking, etc.

3. Since being vaccinated means having less reproduction and spread you decrease mutation that causes new strains. You have to think of the virus as being a copy of a copy of a copy. After so many copies it's not a copy of the original. It's become distorted and different, that's what a new strain is. So blocking any reproduction and spread sooner is best if we want to stop new strains.

4. A example of why more people should be vaccinated is  flu vaccination vs other vaccines like polio if not enough people get the shot there will be more strains and it won't go away. Question is how many people need to be vaccinated to achieve full suppression.

Now there are legit reasons and concerns for not getting vaccination but I'd say most the stuff I hear is absolutely garbage and nonsense. If you have a legit reason or concern and you have talked with someone very knowledgeable who understands vaccination science, including both pros and cons of it (not just one side) than I feel you deserve to hold onto your beliefs of waiting for natural immunity. But just know what I posted is 100% true and by getting vaccinated you can help people and yourself.

« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2021, 09:57:15 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

TP. That’s a great way to put it. People seem to forget that those who aren’t them are people too.

No. Old people with serious health implications are Always the people with the most risk. That's never going to change.

Old people die. It sucks but it's natural.  Flipping them makes no sense. Young people bounce back quickly from.most ailments.

« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2021, 09:58:42 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
I can explain the principal of why you get vaccination and I hope this gives people who have questions some answers. Too often I see people not fully explaining the why you get vaccinated.

1. Vaccination is a safer way of boosting your immune system to fight Covid. Without it you are very likely going to have a higher degree of difficulty dealing with Covid. How it's safer is it introduces a non-harmful message into the body that Covid is a virus and it should be killed if the body sees it. Natural immunity has to learn from the harmful virus on its own and sometimes the body learns too late on how to fight. This can lead to bad infection, trauma and/or death.

2. Vaccination helps fight the spread because the body is trained to fight Covid right away. When your body isn't trained there is more infection before identification thus more reproduction / spread. Think of it as a spill on the floor. If you see the spill right away you can contain it. If its something that spilled over night its gone everywhere. This has been measured in people's bodies and respiratory systems. The longer the virus has to spread the bigger the volume of active virus that there will be released when breathing, coughing, sneezing, talking, etc.

3. Since being vaccinated means having less reproduction and spread you decrease mutation that causes new strains. You have to think of the virus as being a copy of a copy of a copy. After so many copies it's not a copy of the original. It's become distorted and different, that's what a new strain is. So blocking any reproduction and spread sooner is best if we want to stop new strains.

4. A example of why more people should be vaccinated is  flu vaccination vs other vaccines like polio if not enough people get the shot there will be more strains and it won't go away. Question is how many people need to be vaccinated to achieve full suppression.

Now there are legit reasons and concerns for not getting vaccination but I'd say most the stuff I hear is absolutely garbage and nonsense. If you have a legit reason or concern and you have talked with someone very knowledgeable who understands vaccination science, including both pros and cons of it (not just one side) than I feel you deserve to hold onto your beliefs of waiting for natural immunity. But just know what I posted is 100% true and by getting vaccinated you can help people and yourself.

This is not a traditional Vax. It's Experimental Gene Therapy.  You do realize there is no Covid 19 in this jab, it works Nothing like a normal Vax and there are No Long term studies on humans.

If you care to look at this information from Dr Robert Malone on of the creators of MRNA technology  have a listen.  Brilliant man.

https://youtu.be/9E2UkhCWosg
« Last Edit: October 08, 2021, 10:37:23 PM by KG Living Legend »

« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2021, 10:17:44 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289

This is not a traditional Vax. It's Experimental Gene Therapy.  You do realize there is no Covid 19 isolated that's in this jab correct?
I understand your concern but I specifically stated it sends a nonharmful message because what you wrote is 1/2 true. Please dont take offense about me calling your statement half true either. It's a legit concern people have because some of the vaccines are MRN based. But not all the vaccines are. JJ and a few overseas vaccines are indeed viral vectors.

If you want to or have to get vaccinated and MRN tech bothers you, you could consider a viral vector vaccine type.

« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2021, 10:19:17 PM »

Offline Kuberski33

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 533

The point is that it greatly reduces hospitalizations and deaths, by over 95%.

No, that has absolutely not been proven whatsoever.
Yet doctors all over the world recommend getting jabbed so the medical community obviously knows nothing.

« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2021, 10:36:10 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549

This is not a traditional Vax. It's Experimental Gene Therapy.  You do realize there is no Covid 19 in this jab, it works Nothing like a normal Vax and there are No Long term studies on humans.

If you care to look at this information from Dr Robert Malone on of the creators of MRNA technology  have a listen.  Brilliant man. He's quoted as saying this should not be given to humans.

https://youtu.be/9E2UkhCWosg

"This is not a traditional Vax."

-Sure, but a meaningless distinction.

"It's Experimental Gene Therapy."

-No, not close. You have to literally have no idea what gene therapy is to think this is true. But even if it was, who cares? Gene therapies are going to redefine what's possible in the coming century.

"You do realize there is no Covid 19 in this jab, it works Nothing like a normal Vax"

-Again, no. It works very similar to a normal vax. A normal vax uses protein fragments to elicit an immune response.  These use mRNA fragments which your body uses as a blue print to make COVID proteins and illicit an immune response.

"and there are No Long term studies on humans."

-We have been doing this for 9 months with millions of doses given and literally no serious side effects between a few weeks observed so far. Historical monitoring of vaccines indicates side effects after 6 weeks are pretty rare. So while technically true, also misleading.

"If you care to look at this information from Dr Robert Malone on of the creators of MRNA technology  have a listen.  Brilliant man. He's quoted as saying this should not be given to humans."

-He has as much credibility on the issue as Kyrie Irving has on the shape of the earth. Its pretty telling that literally every anti-vaxxer has to resort to quoting the same guy.