Author Topic: NBA Season 2021-22  (Read 558471 times)

Re: NBA Season 2021-22
« Reply #1305 on: January 20, 2022, 09:23:59 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
Brunson can score but I'm not sure that he's the pass first point guard folks are looking for.

« Reply #1306 on: January 20, 2022, 09:29:45 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
The Nets have agreed to part ways with Paul Millsap according to Shams, to allow him to find a team where he can be more of a contributor.

https://hoopshype.com/2022/01/20/nets-paul-millsap-to-part-ways/

The Celtics had interest in him before he chose the Nets last time.

Does he have anything left? We also have no roster spot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x42_OFSgDuQ

I’d take a flier on him. Boston was on his shortlist of teams before going to BKN right?

Isn't he ring chasing?

Who knows? I figure if he was ring chasing he'd stay with the Nets. Maybe he just wants a place where he can play enough to earn another contract.

We can sign him and bring Joe Johnson back to add to Horford and Teague. I'd at least be more entertaining that what we've got now.

I thought Brooklyn was letting him go...

They called it a mutual split as he seeks a bigger role somewhere. I think once they got Blake Griffin there really was no place for both of them on the same team.

He can get some rebounds.

Millsap's 486th in TS% making Smart look like Steph Curry.

IOW, "mutually agreed" is a graceful way to say goodbye to a player who was a 4-time All-Star.

« Reply #1307 on: January 20, 2022, 09:56:56 PM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 979
Brunson can score but I'm not sure that he's the pass first point guard folks are looking for.

He’s 14th in assists and 22nd in assist percentage, so he’s at least a pass-enough PG.  Smart and Schröder are down around 50th.

« Reply #1308 on: January 20, 2022, 10:03:35 PM »

Offline pokeKingCurtis

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
The Nets have agreed to part ways with Paul Millsap according to Shams, to allow him to find a team where he can be more of a contributor.

I’d take a flier on him. Boston was on his shortlist of teams before going to BKN right?

Isn't he ring chasing?

Who knows? I figure if he was ring chasing he'd stay with the Nets. Maybe he just wants a place where he can play enough to earn another contract.

We can sign him and bring Joe Johnson back to add to Horford and Teague. I'd at least be more entertaining that what we've got now.

They called it a mutual split as he seeks a bigger role somewhere. I think once they got Blake Griffin there really was no place for both of them on the same team.

IOW, "mutually agreed" is a graceful way to say goodbye to a player who was a 4-time All-Star.

Could a bigger role have helped? If he takes like 1 shot a game and misses that's not gonna help.

« Reply #1309 on: January 20, 2022, 10:17:45 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

He’s 14th in assists and 22nd in assist percentage, so he’s at least a pass-enough PG.  Smart and Schröder are down around 50th.
And that's playing alongside a guy with a 36% usage rate and 46% assist rate. Give Brunson the keys to the car and allow him to run the offense setting up Tatum and Brown and I think his assists and assist rate goes up a bunch.

« Reply #1310 on: January 20, 2022, 10:33:57 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

He just had the one assist tonight.

« Reply #1311 on: January 20, 2022, 10:37:09 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

And that's playing alongside a guy with a 36% usage rate and 46% assist rate. Give Brunson the keys to the car and allow him to run the offense setting up Tatum and Brown and I think his assists and assist rate goes up a bunch.

That's probably true. He's only shooting 32% from 3 this year. I like Brunson but for 80 million?

« Reply #1312 on: January 20, 2022, 10:51:04 PM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo

I'd take a flier on him. Boston was on his shortlist of teams before going to BKN right?

Isn't he ring chasing?

Could a bigger role have helped? If he takes like 1 shot a game and misses that's not gonna help.

3.5 FGA per game. Shooting career lows from 2, from 3, and for TS%. Defense is still OK, but he'll be 37 in three weeks and taking minutes from someone to what end? He's not going to turn us into a contender, never mind give us end-of-rotation quality depth if we were contenders. I think Ime's running the top rotation guys too many minutes leaving too few to the 1st-rounders like Romeo, PP, and Nesmith as is.

« Reply #1313 on: January 21, 2022, 12:56:55 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
Wow, Indiana with a depleted roster really took it to the Warriors.

« Reply #1314 on: January 21, 2022, 01:18:24 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
That's what good coaching does - it gives your team a fighting chance on any night.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #1315 on: January 21, 2022, 02:50:14 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
That's what good coaching does - it gives your team a fighting chance on any night.

It was a very good game. Duarte played very well.

Postgame, Sir Charles says Mavs, Trailblazers, and Cs should be looking at getting one of Indy's available players rather than remain stuck in the middle.

« Reply #1316 on: January 21, 2022, 03:49:17 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Postgame, Sir Charles says Mavs, Trailblazers, and Cs should be looking at getting one of Indy's available players rather than remain stuck in the middle.
I'd rather look at getting their coach :laugh:
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #1317 on: January 21, 2022, 03:56:58 AM »

Kiorrik

Tomorrow, Celtics vs Blazers, Lakers vs Magic.

I think my video game buddies would call that a "BATTLE OF TEH SUCC"

« Reply #1318 on: January 21, 2022, 07:43:56 AM »

Online radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1227

Indiana is 5 games out of the play in. I’d like to see if we could nab both Levert and Turner. Brogdon is actually the better fit but he’s not tradeable til the offseason.

« Reply #1319 on: January 21, 2022, 07:52:33 AM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737

Indiana is 5 games out of the play in. I’d like to see if we could nab both Levert and Turner. Brogdon is actually the better fit but he’s not tradeable til the offseason.
I'd pass on LeVert.
- Last thing we need is yet another ball-dominant wing.
- He's a below average shooter. We need more shooting, not a slasher.
- He's injury prone.

I'd pass on Turner too cause we got Timelord. Agreed 100% on Brogdon. Too bad he isn't available.