Author Topic: Danny in Utah  (Read 1405 times)

Danny in Utah
« on: July 14, 2022, 07:29:50 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 420
Where I was at first upset to see DA no longer with the Cs and off working for the Jazz I have come around on it. BS is doing a great job and I an really enjoying reading about DA orchestrating the Jazz rebuild.

He landed a great return for Gobert and now speculation is he could be landing a boat load of picks from the NYK. With the history of the Knicks and the T-Wolves he potentially gambling on two franchises who never seem to be able to figure out how to win. This will be fun to watch develop.

Also love that he and Riley appear to be fighting behind the scenes. 
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Re: Danny in Utah
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2022, 09:31:45 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
Me too.  I'll always love Danny.  I was thinking about the Mitchell rumors and how Danny was always wheeling and dealing.  Nobody was safe.  He was always trying to find out what he could get for X,Y and Z.  Traitor Ray was rumored almost weekly. 

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2022, 09:34:24 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25640
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Traitor Ray was rumored almost weekly.

We've all been down this road, but does a guy owe a team loyalty when the team shows him none?

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2022, 09:47:26 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
If Knicks land Mitchell, they will have a starting backcourt consisting of two 6'1" guards. 

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2022, 10:14:56 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94

We've all been down this road, but does a guy owe a team loyalty when the team shows him none?

This. It’s funny that fans affectionally use the nickname Trader Danny and simultaneously spew Traitor Ray with venom. I’ll always be grateful for Ray-Ray helping us get a ring in ‘08. It could not have happened without everyone in the Big 3. He managed to get himself another in ‘13. Good for him.

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2022, 10:22:26 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Especially after the aggrieved parties (KG) have forgiven.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2022, 10:30:20 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2695
Where I was at first upset to see DA no longer with the Cs and off working for the Jazz I have come around on it. BS is doing a great job and I an really enjoying reading about DA orchestrating the Jazz rebuild.

He landed a great return for Gobert and now speculation is he could be landing a boat load of picks from the NYK. With the history of the Knicks and the T-Wolves he potentially gambling on two franchises who never seem to be able to figure out how to win. This will be fun to watch develop.

Also love that he and Riley appear to be fighting behind the scenes.

I love it, You can never have too many GMs out there that hate Riley.

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2022, 10:37:23 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3137
If Knicks land Mitchell, they will have a starting backcourt consisting of two 6'1" guards.

That is so Knicks!

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2022, 10:38:54 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

That is so Knicks!
But so not Thibs. Looks like a disconnect between FO and coaching
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2022, 10:54:54 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140
Danny’s one of the best GMs in the NBA, his asset acquisition is elite. The Gobert and, less talked about, O’Neale trades were masterful moves. He got an unprotected BKN 1st for Royce O’Neale after Kyrie opted in and KD asked for a trade.

He realized that the Jazz weren’t going to be Championship caliber and didn’t waste time building on that shaky foundation, he’s rebuilding at a premium.

Brad is proving to be better in the team building department. He immediately corrected a couple of Danny’s errors in the Terry-Kemba trade and letting Al walk; the moves he made this off-season to round out the team have been excellent as well. It worked out for both teams.

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2022, 11:18:39 PM »

Offline #1P4P

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 140

That is so Knicks!
But so not Thibs. Looks like a disconnect between FO and coaching
Like last season’s Kemba and Fournier signings, the Knicks FO seem to be blindly acquiring assets instead of building a cohesive, winning team.

“We need offense, preferably a shooter who can create off the dribble, let’s sign Fournier for 4y/$73M. Let Reggie Bullock walk, Fournier will be his replacement. Send word to Kemba that we’ll sign him as soon as he’s bought out by the Thunder for whatever he gives up in the buyout. Kemba gets a 2y/$16M deal.”

The Brunson signing was a good deal. A trade for Mitchell will undo that quick, especially if RJ’s involved. I’m not opposed though, they can continue fumbling, we’re winning regardless.