Author Topic: Name your draft binky!  (Read 10656 times)

Re: Name your draft binky!
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2021, 01:24:34 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
If we go with a power forward, I want someone who can play with Rob Williams.  Someone who is strong from the 3 point line, for starters.  Who does that best describe that is likely available at 16?

« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2021, 01:27:01 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1479
Doesn't matter who, just name them and why you feel they would be a good fit for the Celtics.

I feel the Celtics lack an athletic big who can stay healthy and defend the rim.

Now I know Rob Williams has been coming on lately but who knows if he will still be here when the dust settles.

Have a feeling that Stevens will make some big moves and he never has seemed to be a Rob Williams fan.

May I present the new Celtics PF/C of the future Kai Jones.

Jump out of the gym athleticism.  Can easily switch to bother perimeter shots.  Can rebound, nasty physicality with above the rim game, and can hit the occasional outside shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXMsL5EBi_0

He might be around in the middle part of the 1st round.  He's raw but there's a lot of physical tools and potential.

Pro comparison Jaren Jackson Jr.  Scout Article:
https://leaguealertsofficial.com/2021/04/15/kai-jones-may-be-the-biggest-underdog-in-this-years-nba-draft/

if Timelord could stay healthy and you add this guy, that would be a super athletic lineup.

« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2021, 01:30:32 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Franz Wagner and Scottie Barnes are my binkies but I don't see either being available.  I think both have a really great chance of becoming, at the very least, an All-Star level caliber of player.

Later in the draft, I like Isaiah Jackson. Yeah, he's a lot like Timelord, but the ceiling is high even if the chance he becomes nothing is pretty good.

What do you think about Sengun? He's not a shooter but he's like Sabonis lite.
I'm not up to snuff on a bunch of the foreign prospects yet, but have seen his name in a very wide range of where he might be picked, which could be interesting, both in a good and bad way. Probably will have to make myself more familiar with him before I can really comment

« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2021, 01:39:55 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
Doesn't matter who, just name them and why you feel they would be a good fit for the Celtics.

I feel the Celtics lack an athletic big who can stay healthy and defend the rim.

Now I know Rob Williams has been coming on lately but who knows if he will still be here when the dust settles.

Have a feeling that Stevens will make some big moves and he never has seemed to be a Rob Williams fan.

May I present the new Celtics PF/C of the future Kai Jones.

Jump out of the gym athleticism.  Can easily switch to bother perimeter shots.  Can rebound, nasty physicality with above the rim game, and can hit the occasional outside shot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXMsL5EBi_0

He might be around in the middle part of the 1st round.  He's raw but there's a lot of physical tools and potential.

Pro comparison Jaren Jackson Jr.  Scout Article:
https://leaguealertsofficial.com/2021/04/15/kai-jones-may-be-the-biggest-underdog-in-this-years-nba-draft/

if Timelord could stay healthy and you add this guy, that would be a super athletic lineup.

Not sure I see them on the floor together.  Someone like Jalen Johnson a better fit next to Rob. His slot is all over the board, although unlikely available at 16.

« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2021, 03:27:34 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
I don’t expect Franz Wagner to be there, but obviously I’ve made my Wagner opinions known and he is my binky.  Also, Usman Garuba is someone I’d love to get if available.  He’s a 4/5 who could possibly play next to TimeLord after another year of development.  He’s shooting about 30% from 3 internationally.  He’s young (turns 20 next March I believe) so it’s likely an extra season for him to develop that 3-point shot, but defensively he’s a 4, able to guard both the perimeter and the interior.

In the second round, I like Isaiah Todd and Isaiah Livers.  Livers is probably out until at least October and thus 45 is too high for him, but if we get an additional second in the late 50s, he’s someone worth developing as a 3&D 3/4.  Todd reminds me a lot of Amir Johnson, and I think has starter upside at the 4/5 spot, although not as a rookie.  I’ve seen him mocked everywhere from 30 to undrafted, so he might be there, might not.

« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2021, 05:06:07 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I like Kai Jones, I think Cameron Thomas can put the ball in the hole. I think Greg Brown is a good athlete in our range but he needs locked in the weight room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfB6srYlkdY

I guess, my binkie is Greg Brown as our PF prospect but I think we need a pass first PG too.

I hope we don't Kispert who really did not impress me.  Wagner scares me because he does not have ability to create his own shot with his athletic ability.  Josh Giddey scares me.  This means we will more than likely draft one of these three.

I would almost not mind us trading #16  with NYC down to take Thomas at 19 and Isiah Jackson at 32 adds depth instantly.  Who know if they would do it.  Jackson too needs locked in the weight room.

« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2021, 05:06:33 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Giddey, Wagner, Springer and Davion Mitchell are all guys I am big on in the 1st round. 3 of them are unlikely to be available in our range, sadly.

Tre Mann reminds me a lot of Kemba and Darius Garland with his shot creation, if we wanted to go down that path.

In the 2nd round I'm into Herbert Jones, Luka Garza, David Johnson, Day'Ron Sharpe, Aaron Henry and Robinson-Earle
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #22 on: June 05, 2021, 05:30:55 PM »

Offline Quetzalcoatl

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 419
Giddey and Kai Jones are my two semi realistic binkies for us.

In the 2nd round, I like what I've seen from Ismael Kamagate.  He has size, instincts and reflexes that you just can't teach.  The only knock really is he is super new to the game.  I'd def take a chance on him...might take a year but I think he'll get it eventually.

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2021, 05:33:22 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
I like Kai Jones, I think Cameron Thomas can put the ball in the hole. I think Greg Brown is a good athlete in our range but he needs locked in the weight room.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfB6srYlkdY

I guess, my binkie is Greg Brown as our PF prospect but I think we need a pass first PG too.

I hope we don't Kispert who really did not impress me.  Wagner scares me because he does not have ability to create his own shot with his athletic ability.  Josh Giddey scares me.  This means we will more than likely draft one of these three.

I would almost not mind us trading #16  with NYC down to take Thomas at 19 and Isiah Jackson at 32 adds depth instantly.  Who know if they would do it.  Jackson too needs locked in the weight room.

Celtics 4 ever. I'm adding you to my team when I get to run the celtics.

« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2021, 05:35:41 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
Franz Wagner and Scottie Barnes are my binkies but I don't see either being available.  I think both have a really great chance of becoming, at the very least, an All-Star level caliber of player.

Later in the draft, I like Isaiah Jackson. Yeah, he's a lot like Timelord, but the ceiling is high even if the chance he becomes nothing is pretty good.

What do you think about Sengun? He's not a shooter but he's like Sabonis lite.
I'm not up to snuff on a bunch of the foreign prospects yet, but have seen his name in a very wide range of where he might be picked, which could be interesting, both in a good and bad way. Probably will have to make myself more familiar with him before I can really comment

I like him but he may be a project.

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2021, 08:23:17 PM »

Offline Smartacus

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 318
Alperen Sengun is my choice. The league has been trending well for Euro bigs with elite Shooting ability and I think Sengun is a prospect that can't be drafted too high.

It would not surprise me in the slightest if guys like Kuminga or Davion Mitchell end up being mediocre players and Sengun is leading his team on a playoff run going into his contract extension.

My only problem is that I also thought Ante Zizic was going to be great and I'm still reserving judgement on Goga Bitazde. I may be developing a blindspot.

Sengun is the binkey though. Let it ride.

« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2021, 08:38:00 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
Alperen Sengun is my choice. The league has been trending well for Euro bigs with elite Shooting ability and I think Sengun is a prospect that can't be drafted too high.

It would not surprise me in the slightest if guys like Kuminga or Davion Mitchell end up being mediocre players and Sengun is leading his team on a playoff run going into his contract extension.

My only problem is that I also thought Ante Zizic was going to be great and I'm still reserving judgement on Goga Bitazde. I may be developing a blindspot.

Sengun is the binkey though. Let it ride.

John Hollinger very high on this guy. Has him as a top 6 or 7 on his board. Says the league is sleeping on him. He looks like he can flat out play. Not very athletic but just had great feel. Can he defend?

Reminds me of Sabonis.

« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2021, 12:38:10 PM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Davion Mitchell or bust. I can see him getting under Kyrie's skin and that's all I need to know.

« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2021, 12:41:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Davion Mitchell or bust. I can see him getting under Kyrie's skin and that's all I need to know.

Celts already have Yam on the way

« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2021, 12:57:28 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
Jackson of Kentucky..add more muscles & could be a very good PF
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin