Author Topic: Washington Wizards at Boston Celtics - Play-in Game #1 5/18/21  (Read 51268 times)

Re: Washington Wizards at Boston Celtics - Play-in Game #1 5/18/21
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2021, 08:46:36 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
So Tatum has to score what? 40 efficiently? For us to have a chance.
#JKJB

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2021, 08:52:54 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
he shouldn't need to but that would require at least Kemba and Fournier to both have good shooting nights, Smart not to have a Bad Smart game and the bench to produce some decent offense (no woeful shooting night for Pritchard, Nesmith, GWill, Romeo, etc...)

« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2021, 08:54:22 AM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Small point but you have Jaylen's name under Marcus's pick in the matchups.  As always great job and thank you for doing these.

« Reply #18 on: May 18, 2021, 09:48:42 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Let's go Celtics!
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #19 on: May 18, 2021, 09:54:22 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 985

Tatum is absolutely scoring 40.  And scoring efficiently shouldn’t be an issue against the Wizards.  Scoring enough might be, but whatever the result, I’m sure the C’s will have scored efficiently.  The key to this game is stopping Washington’s dribble penetration.  They’re 5th in the NBA in points in the paint, and it’s not because of Alex Len, or even Robin Lopez.  I really hope Time Lord is able to go tonight to increase the degree of difficulty on those drives, and that we don’t lose contact with their shooters on all the resulting kickouts.

« Reply #20 on: May 18, 2021, 10:00:39 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

Tatum is absolutely scoring 40.  And scoring efficiently shouldn’t be an issue against the Wizards.  Scoring enough might be, but whatever the result, I’m sure the C’s will have scored efficiently.  The key to this game is stopping Washington’s dribble penetration.  They’re 5th in the NBA in points in the paint, and it’s not because of Alex Len, or even Robin Lopez.  I really hope Time Lord is able to go tonight to increase the degree of difficulty on those drives, and that we don’t lose contact with their shooters on all the resulting kickouts.
I wouldn't shortchange Robin Lopez considering that he's gone full Wilt Chamberneezy on us countless times in the past.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #21 on: May 18, 2021, 10:03:58 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

I wouldn't shortchange Robin Lopez considering that he's gone full Wilt Chamberneezy on us countless times in the past.

That’s fair, but my point is the Wizards are averaging over 50 a game in the paint, and Lopez averages 9 points a game total.  Their offense is predicated on dribble penetration rather than a strong interior presence.

« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2021, 10:10:12 AM »

Offline LilRip

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 392
Let’s go C’s!!!

That said, I viewed the wiz as the toughest opponent in this play-in tournament. C’s might be facing a loss here
- LilRip

« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2021, 10:20:46 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2951
  • On To Banner 18!
TP FLCeltsFan!

Whatever happens in the coming days, I'll accept it.

I actually wouldn't hate losing tonight and winning the next game. Would rather take my chances with PHI next round than BKN (even if they'll lose anyways). But of course losing tonight just makes the next game extremely nerve-wracking lol.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2021, 01:27:15 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
I have a good feeling about tonight's game. I hope the refs let us play some defense. It is the playoffs!

« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2021, 01:31:42 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I think the Celts can hang when they have Kemba, Fournier, and Tatum out there.  Especially if they can get away with also having Nesmith or Pritchard on the floor.  Or if Rob Williams is able to play and contribute.

Question is how badly the Celts get beat when Tatum is off the court, and how many minutes that ends up being. 

Is Tatum going to play 38 minutes? 40? 42?
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2021, 02:49:02 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

That’s fair, but my point is the Wizards are averaging over 50 a game in the paint, and Lopez averages 9 points a game total.  Their offense is predicated on dribble penetration rather than a strong interior presence.
To be fair my point was that Robin Lopez might explode to add 10-20 more points to that 50 point total for points scored in the paint for them this game, or at least keep that total afloat by going off in response to us shutting down their dribble penetration.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2021, 02:51:44 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Oh yeah Robin Lopez is definitely gonna work the Celts inside tonight.

He does in pretty much every game he plays against us.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #28 on: May 18, 2021, 03:22:47 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
Oh yeah Robin Lopez is definitely gonna work the Celts inside tonight.

He does in pretty much every game he plays against us.

Yeah, I really wanted Lopez in the offseason, I would've even taken Len. You have to have at least one really big BIG!

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2021, 04:02:10 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
I think we’re going to win by at least 15 tonight.