Author Topic: Yam! (Merged)  (Read 36077 times)

Re: Yam! (Merged)
« Reply #120 on: June 28, 2021, 02:46:05 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986
Great video.  He definitely has skills.  Interesting that he is never referred to as Yam or Madar, it's always YamMadar!  I would like to see him on the team next season.
i will forever refer to him as "the Yammer."  ;D
he wants to be known as "Yamtheking".  8)

I prefer The Yamster! The more I watch Tre Young and Yan the more similar their games look. Yam isn't nearly as polished or as good a shooter obviously but they play similar games.

All these nicknames sadly don't take into account he pronounces his name Yahm. I liked them, tho.

« Reply #121 on: June 28, 2021, 02:50:56 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3176
Great video.  He definitely has skills.  Interesting that he is never referred to as Yam or Madar, it's always YamMadar!  I would like to see him on the team next season.

I prefer The Yamster! The more I watch Tre Young and Yan the more similar their games look. Yam isn't nearly as polished or as good a shooter obviously but they play similar games.

All these nicknames sadly don't take into account he pronounces his name Yahm. I liked them, tho.

Thanks!

Yam will look good in a Spurs-style offense.

« Reply #122 on: June 28, 2021, 10:42:02 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Thanks!

obviously I'm partial to Yamtheking. 

in the end, I hope he makes his way over to the league in the near future and becomes a solid player for us

« Reply #123 on: June 28, 2021, 10:45:32 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

Thanks!

in the end, I hope he makes his way over to the league in the near future and becomes a solid player for us

ME TOO!

« Reply #124 on: June 28, 2021, 11:01:47 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
So when is Brad going to bring Yam the Ham over to NA?

« Reply #125 on: June 28, 2021, 11:19:26 PM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1805

Thanks!

ME TOO!

Me Three!
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain

« Reply #126 on: July 11, 2021, 11:57:56 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Israel court ruled Yam still under contract, so Celtics will need to buy him out if they want him on roster this coming season.  Guess they can assess that during summer league.

https://twitter.com/Timi_093/status/1414201335243755528?s=20

« Reply #127 on: July 12, 2021, 02:56:00 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

« Reply #128 on: July 13, 2021, 01:05:00 AM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith

« Reply #129 on: July 13, 2021, 09:34:36 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
It is not clear to me how this works.  It sounds like there is not a specific value set for the buyout.  And do the Celtics need to pay that or does Yam?  Second round contracts are typically near minimum, do the Celtics just add $700,000 to that so Yam can by his current team?  I assume in any case, it counts against the cap.

Any chance we can trade them Tacko Fall instead of cash?

« Reply #130 on: July 13, 2021, 09:44:31 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
It is not clear to me how this works.  It sounds like there is not a specific value set for the buyout.  And do the Celtics need to pay that or does Yam?  Second round contracts are typically near minimum, do the Celtics just add $700,000 to that so Yam can by his current team?  I assume in any case, it counts against the cap.

The Celtics can pay up to $775,000 next year to buy out Yam without it counting against the cap/tax.

« Reply #131 on: July 13, 2021, 11:44:05 AM »

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212

The Celtics can pay up to $775,000 next year to buy out Yam without it counting against the cap/tax.

Yup, any additional amount would have to be part of Yam's contract and would count against the cap. I don't see that happening in this case, though.
I'm bitter.

« Reply #132 on: July 13, 2021, 11:56:45 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868

Yup, any additional amount would have to be part of Yam's contract and would count against the cap. I don't see that happening in this case, though.

If that is the case, why isn't it done already?  This amount should not be an issue for the Celtics.  Maybe they want to see him in summer league as a sort of try out.  If he plays well enough, the Celtics can pay off the buy out and get Yam over here.  If he don't show enough, stash him another year.

« Reply #133 on: July 13, 2021, 12:09:59 PM »

Online Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
They are probably keeping the B/O money in reserve in case a foreign player is drafted this year that is more ready to contribute based on their assessment of Yam during SL.

« Reply #134 on: July 13, 2021, 12:11:05 PM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald

If that is the case, why isn't it done already?  This amount should not be an issue for the Celtics.  Maybe they want to see him in summer league as a sort of try out.  If he plays well enough, the Celtics can pay off the buy out and get Yam over here.  If he don't show enough, stash him another year.

Summer League and roster construction, I’d think.  The Celtics have 13 guys on the roster, pick #45, and presumably a desire to bring back Fournier.  They’re likely a tax team, and do they want to go even further into the tax (even just a minimim salary could be a couple million tax) to buyout someone who will likely just be their 3rd-string PG, cutting a player in the process? Seems more likely they’d like to get a veteran for the minutes that don’t go to Pritchard if they’re going to cut someone (Edwards). They’re already still trying to develop Nesmith, Langford, Pritchard, Moses, and presumably pick 45.  Trying to find minutes for one more project while you’re also trying to win is exactly the same problem we’ve had for years.

Now, of course, Yam can have a great showing in summer league and show that he’s ready to be on an NBA roster and contribute immediately, in which case the Celtics can and will make that happen.  But he doesn’t turn 21 until a few months into the season, so there’s no rush to bring him over as far as I’m concerned.