Author Topic: Heat (1-0) at Celtics (0-1) ECF Game #2 9/17/20  (Read 63872 times)

Re: Heat (1-0) at Celtics (0-1) ECF Game #2 9/17/20
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2020, 09:24:53 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
The Celtics need to start playing with a sense of urgency
This is on Brad Stevens, IMO.  His "not too high, not too low" attitude has a downside.  His players have lost that sense of urgency.  I will never forgive him for the end of regulation play with 22 seconds left AND the ball.  He let Kemba dribble all the way down at which point the clock became a factor resulting in terrible shot attempt.

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2020, 09:30:56 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
TP FLCeltsFan!

Another big test for the C's tonight. The good thing is, so far it seems every time they've faced some adversity or had their backs to the wall, they've played well and answered. They'll need to do it tonight. Obviously the offensive execution late was brutal in the 4th + OT, but my bigger concern was defense. No way should Crowder and Herro be left wide open that much especially late in games. You're just begging to lose then regardless how you're shooting on the other end. Team needs to do better on defense. They choked Game 1 big time and they know it. Time to give a complete 48-minute effort here.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2020, 09:40:16 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The Celtics need to start playing with a sense of urgency
This is on Brad Stevens, IMO.  His "not too high, not too low" attitude has a downside.  His players have lost that sense of urgency.

It has been a defining characteristic of this team every single season since Brad arrived.  His team's just cannot seem to operate at peak intensity unless their backs are against the wall.

Thankfully, I think tonight counts as a 'backs against the wall' situation, so I expect the team to go full-throttle.

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2020, 10:26:22 AM »

Offline CaNdyMaN1369

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 151
Let's Go Celtics!!!       😎        Beat the Heat!!!

TP...        FLCF...

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2020, 01:28:11 PM »

Offline FLCeltsFan

• Kendrick Perkins #1 Fan
  • Author
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 11831
  • Marcus Smart Fan!
Referees:  James Capers,  David Guthrie,  Tony Brown

The three refs for today's game haven't been particularly bad and aren't the names that come to mind when you think about bad refs.  But like any officials, they can be good or bad on any given night.  James Capers called Game 3 vs the Raptors and David Guthrie called Game 7.  The Celtics are 7-3 in their last 10 games with Capers while the Heat are 6-4 in their last 10.  The Celtics are 4-6 in their last 10 with Guthrie while the Heat are 6-4 in their last 10.  The Celtics are 8-2 in their last 10 games with Tony Brown while the Heat are 5-5 in their last 10. 

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2020, 01:35:49 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
Referees:  James Capers,  David Guthrie,  Tony Brown

The three refs for today's game haven't been particularly bad and aren't the names that come to mind when you think about bad refs.  But like any officials, they can be good or bad on any given night.  James Capers called Game 3 vs the Raptors and David Guthrie called Game 7.  The Celtics are 7-3 in their last 10 games with Capers while the Heat are 6-4 in their last 10.  The Celtics are 4-6 in their last 10 with Guthrie while the Heat are 6-4 in their last 10.  The Celtics are 8-2 in their last 10 games with Tony Brown while the Heat are 5-5 in their last 10.

OMG my heart when I read "Tony...". But it's Tony Brown not Tony Brothers LOL  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2020, 03:09:25 PM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
In the fourth quarter of game 1, I got a sense that Kemba was starting to break out of his slump. Hopefully, that trend continues and he is the Kemba we're used to from the regular season. He can't be passive and lose the PG matchup.

« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2020, 03:59:57 PM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860
In the fourth quarter of game 1, I got a sense that Kemba was starting to break out of his slump. Hopefully, that trend continues and he is the Kemba we're used to from the regular season. He can't be passive and lose the PG matchup.

Slump?  He is 6 for 34 from 3 in his last 6 games.  That feels like more than a slump.  In addition to not hitting shots, to me, he just seems choppy with the ball, unable to show his normal burst and get away from a defender or a trap.  I hope it is just in his head and not his knee.  We need him.  It is impacting the whole team in those moments when we need him the most.

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2020, 04:06:51 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you

Slump?  He is 6 for 34 from 3 in his last 6 games.  That feels like more than a slump.  In addition to not hitting shots, to me, he just seems choppy with the ball, unable to show his normal burst and get away from a defender or a trap.  I hope it is just in his head and not his knee.  We need him.  It is impacting the whole team in those moments when we need him the most.

Hoping they stick Kemba on Crowder and Smart on Dragic tonight. We don't need Kemba wasting all of his energy ineffectively guarding Dragic and letting it get to him. I would rather he hang with the stationary Crowder and save his burst for offense.

« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2020, 04:16:51 PM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell

In the fourth quarter, I felt like Kemba was no longer being passive. His reluctance to shoot or attack is what bothers me the most. You lose your feel for the game, and it becomes harder to even make open shots. If he starts to be aggressive, the shots will start to fall for him. I want him to shoot, regardless of the results. For the last 4 games, it’s basically been 4 on 5 basketball, because Kemba has been a ghost on offense and is a defensive liability.

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2020, 04:20:12 PM »

Online johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell

Hoping they stick Kemba on Crowder and Smart on Dragic tonight. We don't need Kemba wasting all of his energy ineffectively guarding Dragic and letting it get to him. I would rather he hang with the stationary Crowder and save his burst for offense.

Agreed. Dragic is more capable of having a greater impact offensively. Crowder is dangerous if he is left wide open, and I wouldn't be too concerned about him creating his own shot.

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2020, 04:32:22 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Go Celtics

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2020, 04:42:20 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Celts did a great job answering the bell when there was increased urgency in the last round.  I'm confident they'll respond well again tonight.

GO CELTS!
Yup

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2020, 05:02:26 PM »

Offline RMO

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 104

Adam Himmelsbach
@AdamHimmelsbach
·
16m
Hayward is out tonight.

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2020, 06:52:45 PM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3150
I really wish they would put the tip-off time as the game time. You never know when the game will start. It's either 10 minutes late, 15 minutes, late, 30 minutes late, or some other time altogether.