Author Topic: The Offical Rally Around Paul Pierce And The Rest Of The C's Thread!  (Read 3886 times)

Re: The Offical Rally Around Paul Pierce And The Rest Of The C's Thread!
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2009, 03:29:03 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2009, 03:50:28 PM »

Offline TitleMaster

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
if Pierce really does think he's as good as Lebron and Kobe, now is the time to show it.  If he gets hot, he's absolutely capable of carrying the team.

Not even, he just needs to come into the fourth quarter with fresh legs, hot or not.

This is a guy who has no problem drawing contact and getting to the line. And he can do that even during a cold streak, as long as the rest, keep us in the differential (2 to 4 possessions), coming into Q4, we win regardless.

When PP gets hot, however, the opponents get demoralized, that's the difference.

« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2009, 03:53:24 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 658
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i remember a certain lebron james knocking out the pistons (who were unbeatable and huge favs to win the East)...that Cav team was not as good as this C's team...i think ALL the pressue is on the Cavs and IF boston can steal one...cleveland would be up against it

« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2009, 04:51:44 PM »

Offline chelsearules

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 12
i know the truth is ready and so am i let's go celtics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8ZABoz26R8&feature=related

« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2009, 05:18:37 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
if Pierce really does think he's as good as Lebron and Kobe, now is the time to show it.  If he gets hot, he's absolutely capable of carrying the team.

Not even, he just needs to come into the fourth quarter with fresh legs, hot or not.

This is a guy who has no problem drawing contact and getting to the line. And he can do that even during a cold streak, as long as the rest, keep us in the differential (2 to 4 possessions), coming into Q4, we win regardless.

When PP gets hot, however, the opponents get demoralized, that's the difference.

I'm not sure about that.  A cold-to-mediocre Pierce might get us by Chicago, but I don't think it will be enough to get past Cleveland.  Yes, Pierce gets to the line with regularity, but so does Lebron.  I wish it was as  simple as "stay within 4 possessions heading into the 4th and we'll win", but that's not the case, especially when going up against teams that get more love from the refs than we do.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2009, 06:06:48 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Powe and BBD are going to take turns coming up huge at the pf spot. That's my prediction.

« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2009, 07:56:29 PM »

Offline TitleMaster

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 117
A cold-to-mediocre Pierce might get us by Chicago, but I don't think it will be enough to get past Cleveland.

Hint... PP knows when he's cold and that's when he feeds Ray Ray, for the outside shot. You see, this is a different team now. PP doesn't simply have to hoist all the buckets in Q4 to win, ala 2002-2005. I suspect, however, that he'll heat up just fine for most playoff games. Paul Pierce is the last player I worry about.

« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2009, 08:44:24 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sJGOHuq9i4