Author Topic: I'm Listening To This Right Now. You Listen to it Too.  (Read 574801 times)

Re: I'm Listening To This Right Now. You Listen to it Too.
« Reply #255 on: April 09, 2010, 11:22:50 PM »

Offline Mean Gerald Green

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 212
  • Cool Runnings
Reported to Mod. This video is offensive and needs to be removed.

Are you serious? What a zero. That picture is hilarious. Get a grip and go borrow a sense of humor because you're clearly lacking one.

« Reply #256 on: April 09, 2010, 11:36:42 PM »

Offline mmbaby

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 53
Yes, very serious indeed. This is not a picture; it's a video. Needs to be removed.

« Reply #257 on: April 10, 2010, 12:14:16 AM »

• Bill Walton
  • Cool Runnings
Yes, very serious indeed. This is not a picture; it's a video. Needs to be removed.

What offended you so much about the video... Play it with the sound off if you don't want to hear the lyrics. No need to get all bent out of shape about it.

« Reply #258 on: April 10, 2010, 12:19:58 AM »

• Bill Walton
  • Cool Runnings

Also thanks for giving us the heads up that this was a video and not a picture. I completely missed that. Do you care to impart any other knowledge on us?

« Reply #259 on: April 10, 2010, 12:34:53 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
I wouldn't call it a video... it's a collection of pictures. BigMatt34 did warn all viewers that the video is very offensive. I've heard songs that have been posted on this thread that have had offensive language and have stayed up because the poster included a disclaimer.

BigMatt34 warned that it was offensive... you shouldn't have clicked it. Maybe a better warning would suffice. Maybe BigMatt34 could edit his original post to say "Warning: this collection of pictures is very offensive because it features a picture of a half naked glen davis, and also because of the offensive language".

To be fair... I understand why somebody would be offended but, you were warned, so I don't understand the purpose of the complaint.

« Reply #260 on: April 10, 2010, 01:11:54 AM »

• Bill Walton
  • Cool Runnings
[Edited.]
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 08:12:48 PM by Roy Hobbs »

« Reply #261 on: April 10, 2010, 03:08:45 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • PEACE
Seriously, try reading the post next time before you go crying to mommy.

I don't think there's a need for the condescending posts. If it is offensive to somebody and it is against the blog's rules then it isn't up for debate. There isn't a need to continue to bash another poster like you have with your last few posts. I think IP handled the situation very well. Although you and I weren't offended by it and thought it was okay with the disclaimer, that does not mean we were right. It was offensive to others, you need to understand other people a little better.

« Reply #262 on: April 12, 2010, 07:54:13 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
« Last Edit: April 12, 2010, 08:30:33 PM by misha »
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #263 on: April 12, 2010, 08:21:49 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
To be clear:  posting a disclaimer doesn't give a poster license to post whatever they want.  Generally, we allow videos that have profanity in them if there's a disclaimer.  However, other content -- such as suggestive / sexual pictures or videos -- that are against our rules will still be edited out when they're brought to our attention.

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #264 on: April 12, 2010, 09:01:28 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Been listening to some Broken Bells this weekend. like it a lot

« Reply #265 on: April 12, 2010, 09:07:07 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Been listening to some Broken Bells this weekend. like it a lot

Big fan.  Love the album.  The songs "The High Road", "Vaporize", "October", and "Trap Doors" are all on heavy rotation with my Ipod right now.

They're actually playing out here on May 31st. 

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #266 on: April 12, 2010, 09:10:36 PM »

• Bill Walton
  • Cool Runnings

I don't think there's a need for the condescending posts. If it is offensive to somebody and it is against the blog's rules then it isn't up for debate. There isn't a need to continue to bash another poster like you have with your last few posts. I think IP handled the situation very well. Although you and I weren't offended by it and thought it was okay with the disclaimer, that does not mean we were right. It was offensive to others, you need to understand other people a little better.

Thanks for the pep talk.

« Reply #267 on: April 12, 2010, 10:10:03 PM »

Offline mmbaby

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 53
Hey, it is no big deal. It was the words in the song that put women down so much that bothered me. I didn't know they still made songs like that! But I wasn't trying to offend you, Mean, especially if you were just presenting a joke. Also I didn't see the warning about the content as I'm always rushing through here, so my bad.
TP to you and Matt. ;)

« Reply #268 on: April 12, 2010, 10:25:02 PM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • PEACE

Thanks for the pep talk.

Sorry bud, I just don't see the reasoning behind putting down another poster in three or four straight posts, let alone one.

« Reply #269 on: April 12, 2010, 10:27:18 PM »

Offline Big_Matt34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
Hey, it is no big deal. It was the words in the song that put women down so much that bothered me. I didn't know they still made songs like that! But I wasn't trying to offend you, Mean, especially if you were just presenting a joke. Also I didn't see the warning about the content as I'm always rushing through here, so my bad.
TP to you and Matt. ;)

Tp back at you, i know the video may offend some so i gave the warnings. I dont like the actual song, just thought the Big Baby picture was hilarious.