Author Topic: Early 2020 Draft Watchlist  (Read 22719 times)

Early 2020 Draft Watchlist
« on: December 22, 2019, 12:54:41 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Which prospects are you guys keeping an eye out for as potential C's picks aka draft binkies?

Currently (as of March 6):

Memphis #17
Boston #26
Milwaukee #30
Brooklyn #45 (less favorable of NYK/BKN)

Pasted from the Grizzlies pick watch thread:

Keep eye on N’Faly Dante of Oregon. Raw but great upside at the 5.  Nearly 7’ tall, 7’5” wing span, very fluid and developing a decent shooting touch. Maybe future tandem with Time Lord at the 5.

We have to think long term. Our two Js have a lot of great years ahead of them. Just getting started.

Thoughts on Isaac Okoro? His defence is spectacular for a wing, he might be a Celtics target for doubling down on small ball :laugh:

« Last Edit: March 06, 2020, 01:29:56 PM by rondofan1255 »

Re: Early 2020 Draft Watchlist
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2019, 12:58:47 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
Honestly it's too early in the season for me to worry about the draft, but I wouldn't mind just getting the 7th-8th pick this year. Less of a risk then Memphis getting suddenly good.
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2019, 01:02:32 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Currently find myself influenced by need....a big no no when drafting.

need based binkies:  Obi Toppin, Onyeka Okongwu

If Dante looks good...then I'm interested.  Dante the Inferno!...easy nickname...if he plays with fire.
Give em" H__LL  Dante! 

Isaiah Stewart also the right size...but may lack the excitement factor of the others....

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2019, 02:44:47 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 413
Ainge will draft a guard, so no need to put anyone over 6-8 on here..also theres no one who really interest me yet
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2019, 03:55:29 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
Yeah. I’d love to have the pick roll over and then have Memphis win the lottery for us. But That seems unlikely. There are some truly terrible teams out there. If the pick rolls over, Ja and Jackson will have another year of experience; the team will have a lot of cap room to get vets or resign the younger players they really value ($58 mill currently booked for next year, even if they keep Valanciunas); and they would be adding a top six talent. They would also have no incentive to tank. It’s possible they end up toward the end of the lottery or even sneak into the last playoff seed - the West isn’t what it used to be.

Net - if it actually conveys 7-10 next year I’m fine. Take the best player available and worry about the rest later.

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2019, 04:00:36 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
Ainge will draft a guard, so no need to put anyone over 6-8 on here..also theres no one who really interest me yet

why would Danny draft a guard when centers are what we need ?

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2019, 04:57:25 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 91

Because it fits the lazy narrative.

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2019, 05:04:51 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

it does.  Danny would always draft BPA, guard or not.

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2019, 07:22:58 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106

I also think he drafts BPA always ... so his rankings are the problem lol

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2019, 12:51:21 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

I also think he drafts BPA always ... so his rankings are the problem lol
I too have always found it easy to seem wise about drafting in hindsight
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2019, 04:53:34 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'd try to deal the picks before deadline for upgrades. We have a lot of young guys.

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2019, 06:29:51 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Yeah. I’d love to have the pick roll over and then have Memphis win the lottery for us. But That seems unlikely. There are some truly terrible teams out there. If the pick rolls over, Ja and Jackson will have another year of experience; the team will have a lot of cap room to get vets or resign the younger players they really value ($58 mill currently booked for next year, even if they keep Valanciunas); and they would be adding a top six talent. They would also have no incentive to tank. It’s possible they end up toward the end of the lottery or even sneak into the last playoff seed - the West isn’t what it used to be.

Net - if it actually conveys 7-10 next year I’m fine. Take the best player available and worry about the rest later.
Yeah, but unless it's a top 2 pick, who are you scared of Memphis landing that would make them much improved? I'd rather have the 6th/7th pick next year than the 3rd pick this year. Much more size and A LOT more talent in '21. It's really going to be an impact full draft.

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2019, 08:04:34 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121
I'd try to deal the picks before deadline for upgrades. We have a lot of young guys.

Agree.

Celts are done rebuilding.

Time to go after Banner 18.

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2019, 08:12:29 AM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106

Yeah, but unless it's a top 2 pick, who are you scared of Memphis landing that would make them much improved? I'd rather have the 6th/7th pick next year than the 3rd pick this year. Much more size and A LOT more talent in '21. It's really going to be an impact full draft.
We had heard over and over how deep the 2014 draft (smart) and how shallow the 2016 draft was (Brown) and it turned out to be complete opposite. 2016 has much more all start and or borderline all star players. These arguments never make sense unless you knew Lebron type is in one of the drafts. 

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2019, 08:22:25 AM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121

We had heard over and over how deep the 2014 draft (smart) and how shallow the 2016 draft was (Brown) and it turned out to be complete opposite. 2016 has much more all start and or borderline all star players. These arguments never make sense unless you knew Lebron type is in one of the drafts.

If only Andrew Wiggins lived up to expectations.