Poll

Which day do you prefer for the rookie Draft?

Thurs. Sept. 25
Fri, Sept 26
Mon., Sep. 29 (unlikely but we'll see)
No preference

Author Topic: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014-15 thread: Yahoo league is live!  (Read 249573 times)

Re: GC's Yahoo! H2H League 2014 thread: Offseason
« Reply #960 on: October 13, 2014, 09:49:01 AM »

Offline yall hate

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
Final Roster

James Harden
John Wall
Joakim Noah
Nikola Pekovic
Derrick Rose
John Henson
Al-Farouq Aminu
Henry Sims
Trevor Booker
Jeff Adrien
Isaiah Canaan
Sergey Karasev
Robert Covington
Nikola Mirotic
Clint Capela
Jordan Adams

No cuts to report.

« Reply #961 on: October 13, 2014, 01:12:21 PM »

Offline Gainesville Celtic

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1331
  • Ainge *still* has a Posse! Ubuntu Y'all
We now have 9 teams who've cut down.

If we get to 19 before Friday -- and I'm not rushing anyone -- i'll load 'em up on Yahoo!
GC's Yahoo! H2h League: Gainesville Celtics: 2014, 2016, 2017 Champs!

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #962 on: October 13, 2014, 05:31:40 PM »

• Rajon Rondo

GC's Yahoo! H2h League permanent website (offseason roster, constitution, etc.) * Lucky was framed!

« Reply #963 on: October 13, 2014, 05:51:22 PM »

Offline The Walker Wiggle

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 758
  • Pretend Hinkie

Well, it's not me, I wasted the last half hour talking to the wrong guy. (Hi EJA.)

« Reply #964 on: October 13, 2014, 06:08:32 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

Well, it's not me, I wasted the last half hour talking to the wrong guy. (Hi EJA.)
I told you....make that offer to the other guys around here and find Mr. Right.

« Reply #965 on: October 13, 2014, 07:05:35 PM »

Offline DinoGanga

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 31
TTTF now called Beantown

Final roster
Amar'e Stoudemire
Andre Iguodala
Deron Williams
Dirk Nowitzki
Dwight Howard
J.J. Redick
Jamal Crawford
Jared Dudley
Jrue Holiday
Kevin Garnett
Ray Allen
Tim Duncan
Tony Allen
Tony Parker
Tyson Chandler
Jeremi Grant

No. Cuts
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Washington Wizards

PG: Darren Collison / Elfrid Payton / Tim Frazier
SG: Avery Bradley / Seth Curry
SF: Jae Crowder / Shaun Kilpatrick / Marcus Thornton
PF: LeBron James / Derrick Williams / JJ Hickson
C: Jusuf Nurkic / Meyers Leonard / Nikola Pekovic

« Reply #966 on: October 13, 2014, 08:20:24 PM »

• Antoine Walker
  • Pretend Hinkie

I already have and his name is Champkind.

« Reply #967 on: October 13, 2014, 08:35:16 PM »

• Antoine Walker
  • Pretend Hinkie
It's been pointed out to me that I sometimes overvalue my players, chiefly Draft Dodgers-lifer Pau Gasol. Guilty as charged. I'm sentimental and sort of dumb, that's a tough combination. Now, it's possible that it's owing to my lack of perspective that I now find myself on the wrong side of GM of the Year EJA. You tell me.

It started out innocuously. I offered him my 2015 1st, I asked him about Jeff Teague. I asked about Lin or Beverley. He replied that the ONLY player on my roster he had any interest in was Chris Paul. So with some hesitation, I offered him Paul. He acted like I'd spit on his kid. I don't why he had to drag MK and BFD into it, but it was clear he was upset.

Here's the offending offer:

Chris Paul and Gerald Wallace for Wes Matthews, Jeff Teague, Jeremy Lin and GC's 2015 1st.

Here's what's at stake, if you my respected rivals find me guilty of grossly undercutting EJA I will publicly beg his forgiveness for however many weeks or months it takes. But understand if you find that my offer was NOT so offensive - more suited to a counter offer than a middle finger - then I will rain juvenile *ish upon EJA such as THE Walker Wiggle is known and beloved for, until the final days of the 14-15 fantasy season.

Here's my defense, Chris Paul is at 29 the undisputed #1 fantasy point guard. Last season he averaged 19.1 Points on 47 FG% and 85 FT% 1.3 3PTM, 10.7 Assists, 4.3 Rebounds, and 2.5 Steals to just 2.3 TOs. I'd paid more to acquire Paul, including a top 15-20 player (Serge Ibaka), in what was then considered a steal. He is ranked just ONE spot below Anthony Davis and we all know what Davis brought back.

In return, I asked for three steady-value guys in the #47 (Matthews, age 27) to #120 (Lin, age 26) range, all safe bets, but none of whom have any further upside. Lin isn't even starting. Oh and a pick I project in the 12-15 range. Rude? Preposterous?

I give the floor to the prosecution. Thank you all in advance for your help.

« Reply #968 on: October 13, 2014, 09:12:31 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman

I already have and his name is Champkind.
I am happy for you both

« Reply #969 on: October 13, 2014, 09:18:18 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
It's been pointed out to me that I sometimes overvalue my players, chiefly Draft Dodgers-lifer Pau Gasol. Guilty as charged. I'm sentimental and sort of dumb, that's a tough combination. Now, it's possible that it's owing to my lack of perspective that I now find myself on the wrong side of GM of the Year EJA. You tell me.

It started out innocuously. I offered him my 2015 1st, I asked him about Jeff Teague. I asked about Lin or Beverley. He replied that the ONLY player on my roster he had any interest in was Chris Paul. So with some hesitation, I offered him Paul. He acted like I'd spit on his kid. I don't why he had to drag MK and BFD into it, but it was clear he was upset.

Here's the offending offer:

Chris Paul and Gerald Wallace for Wes Matthews, Jeff Teague, Jeremy Lin and GC's 2015 1st.

Here's what's at stake, if you my respected rivals find me guilty of grossly undercutting EJA I will publicly beg his forgiveness for however many weeks or months it takes. But understand if you find that my offer was NOT so offensive - more suited to a counter offer than a middle finger - then I will rain juvenile *ish upon EJA such as THE Walker Wiggle is known and beloved for, until the final days of the 14-15 fantasy season.

Here's my defense, Chris Paul is at 29 the undisputed #1 fantasy point guard. Last season he averaged 19.1 Points on 47 FG% and 85 FT% 1.3 3PTM, 10.7 Assists, 4.3 Rebounds, and 2.5 Steals to just 2.3 TOs. I'd paid more to acquire Paul, including a top 15-20 player (Serge Ibaka), in what was then considered a steal. He is ranked just ONE spot below Anthony Davis and we all know what Davis brought back.

In return, I asked for three steady-value guys in the #47 (Matthews, age 27) to #120 (Lin, age 26) range, all safe bets, but none of whom have any further upside. Lin isn't even starting. Oh and a pick I project in the 12-15 range. Rude? Preposterous?

I give the floor to the prosecution. Thank you all in advance for your help.
To spit on my kid is one thing. But then to act like I should be thankful for it is another. Just make these offers to other GMs is all. I'm sure they'd all love to get these offers. No wait. That's stupid to say. Of course they wouldn't.

« Reply #970 on: October 13, 2014, 09:42:22 PM »

• Rajon Rondo
Trade Announcement
-----------------------------

Gainesville Celtics trade Lucas Nogueira

Juggernauts trade 2015 2nd round pick; Juggernauts drop Festus Ezeli

« Reply #971 on: October 14, 2014, 06:54:31 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
I offered him Paul. He acted like I'd spit on his kid. I don't why he had to drag MK and BFD into it, but it was clear he was upset.

Who is BFD? Or was that supposed to be 'BFM'? If it was then I'm very surprised because it seems totally out of the blue....but on some level I'm also glad at the same time because my name was mentioned along side Mk. I guess I have earned my stripes in fantasy basketball.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #972 on: October 14, 2014, 09:23:07 AM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
KissinCousins Final Roster:

Brandan Wright
C.J. McCollum
Cleanthony Early
DeMarcus Cousins
Dion Waiters
Gerald Henderson
Jimmy Butler
Jonas Valanciunas
Luke Ridnour
Mo Williams
Nicolas Batum
Ricky Rubio
Serge Ibaka
Shelvin Mack
TJ Warren
Wesley Johnson

Cuts:

Ben Gordon
Nick Calathes

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #973 on: October 14, 2014, 09:34:39 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
I offered him Paul. He acted like I'd spit on his kid. I don't why he had to drag MK and BFD into it, but it was clear he was upset.

Who is BFD? Or was that supposed to be 'BFM'? If it was then I'm very surprised because it seems totally out of the blue....but on some level I'm also glad at the same time because my name was mentioned along side Mk. I guess I have earned my stripes in fantasy basketball.

Same here Champ!

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks

« Reply #974 on: October 14, 2014, 09:44:02 AM »

Offline mkogav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 537
KissinCousins Final Roster:

Brandan Wright
C.J. McCollum
Cleanthony Early
DeMarcus Cousins
Dion Waiters
Gerald Henderson
Jimmy Butler
Jonas Valanciunas
Luke Ridnour
Mo Williams
Nicolas Batum
Ricky Rubio
Serge Ibaka
Shelvin Mack
TJ Warren
Wesley Johnson

Cuts:

Ben Gordon
Nick Calathes

I can't argue with your cuts, but there is some value there for sure.

Btw, TP on building ur roster, Cousins, Ibaka, Batum, Valanciunas, Butler, & Waiters is quite a young and improving core. Cousins is a fbb monster & JV may not be far behind. IMO, Waiters may end up the second or third best player on Cleveland. I believe his game will blossom with LBJ in town.

Also, if Rubio can develop his shot, TJ & McCollum land some good PT,  and Cleanthony live up to his "steal of round #2" billing, you have a real shot to a high seed this year.

Mk

Sickness, insanity and death were the angels that surrounded my cradle and they have followed me throughout my life - Edvard Munch

DKC Knicks