Author Topic: Carsen Edwards (merged threads)  (Read 21392 times)

Re: Carson Edwards
« Reply #90 on: September 14, 2019, 03:17:21 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Like small guys, Carson is used to being shorter but he is deceptive with a 6-6 wingspan and he has that compact lower body kind of strength.

Good points, though I’d point out that he is listed at 6’0” 199; Kemba is listed at 6’1” 184; Isaiah 5’9” 185; and Terry Rozier 6’1” 190.

I’m betting that Carsen will be the best defender of that group, a better shooter than Terry, and more durable than IT.

He has a chance to be one of the steals of the  draft.

I would only add that Grant Williams does, too.
I think Edwards is 6'0 barefoot, he looks bigger than Kemba.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #91 on: September 14, 2019, 03:18:12 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
small guys with unlimited energy give the older pros fits .   Carson has that younger like  AB energy that leaves older players like Bron standing and watching the play and playing no defense .  20 year olds wear out the 30 somethings .  Thats where the Lakers weakness lies.  The energy it takes to make one mighty pro defensive stand , will kill them over the next minute or two. Celtics must stay in constant motion .
The Lakers won't even be a concern for us anyways. I have no idea why people are considering them as a shoo-in for the playoffs after last year's fiasco (I correctly predicted that they'd miss it last season, think they have an outside shot at it this season).
The Lakers are in the Playoffs this year.  Winning it. I don't see it.
Edwards is going to be a great player for us. I think Danny is getting better at drafting. I think Williams is going to also give us some good minutes. If Hayward commits to DA. Brown is gone for a big, IMO.
I don't see them being a lock for the playoffs. Anyways I like the Edwards pick, I feel that he can be a bigger IT4 for us if we're lucky.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #92 on: September 14, 2019, 12:55:14 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Edwards bigger than Kemba? I do not think so.

« Reply #93 on: September 14, 2019, 01:13:36 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
I think so tbh. Kemba looks like he's 6 feet tall with shoes while Edwards looks like he's 6 feet tall without shoes.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #94 on: September 14, 2019, 10:32:17 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164

If when you say “bigger”, you mean “taller”, then officially Kemba is one inch taller. But it’s also true, again officially, that Edwards weighs 15 pounds more. That’s substantially bigger.

Carsen is built like the proverbial fireplug. At the same time he’s got explosive acceleration; this guy was made to play on-the-ball defense at the point of attack.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2019, 12:01:13 AM by Hoopvortex »
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

Re: Carsen Edwards (merged threads)
« Reply #95 on: September 15, 2019, 12:14:56 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
I meant taller, I am surprised they are even that close. Carsen looks shorter than he is then.

« Reply #96 on: September 15, 2019, 01:02:42 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
I meant taller, I am surprised they are even that close. Carsen looks shorter than he is then.
I think Carsen is taller as well as bulkier than Kemba lol.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #97 on: September 15, 2019, 01:04:42 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald

If when you say “bigger”, you mean “taller”, then officially Kemba is one inch taller. But it’s also true, again officially, that Edwards weighs 15 pounds more. That’s substantially bigger.

Carsen is built like the proverbial fireplug. At the same time he’s got explosive acceleration; this guy was made to play on-the-ball defense at the point of attack.
Official heights can be very misleading, Kemba probably inflated his height in shoes by an inch or two. I think Carsen Edwards listed his height without shoes as his official height.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #98 on: September 15, 2019, 02:53:11 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Carsen has longs arms as well. 6'6" for Carsen

6'4" for Kemba

« Reply #99 on: September 15, 2019, 04:25:39 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Poirier sighting in the bronze medal game vs Australia!

Edit: oops wrong thread

« Reply #100 on: September 15, 2019, 10:59:22 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
may i ask why you think this? the only measurements i could find say kemba is one inch taller. please let us know if you have other measurements available.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #101 on: September 15, 2019, 12:18:21 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
My opinion of the Celtics chances just got reduced with this idea that Carsen Edwards, my favorite Celtic, is taller than Kemba.

« Reply #102 on: September 15, 2019, 02:16:32 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
may i ask why you think this? the only measurements i could find say kemba is one inch taller. please let us know if you have other measurements available.
Nvm I somehow messed up Edwards' height measurement without shoes for his height with shoes. TPs to the guys who called me out on this, Edwards is 0.75 inches shorter than Kemba btw if you wanted to know (5'10.75 to 5'11). 
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #103 on: September 15, 2019, 02:35:51 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Nvm I somehow messed up Edwards' height measurement without shoes for his height with shoes. TPs to the guys who called me out on this, Edwards is 0.75 inches shorter than Kemba btw if you wanted to know (5'10.75 to 5'11).
You realize that the difference between 5'11" & 5'10.75" is only .25 inches not .75 inches, right?

« Reply #104 on: September 15, 2019, 03:28:09 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
You realize that the difference between 5'11" & 5'10.75" is only .25 inches not .75 inches, right?
Uhhhhhhhhh that was another typo...Kemba is 5'11.5 inches tall without shoes. My apologies.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA