Author Topic: Tacko Fall(merged threads)  (Read 42353 times)

Re: Tacko Fall(merged threads)
« Reply #240 on: October 11, 2019, 07:58:06 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
Tacko gives me some hope defending against the strong post up guys like Embiid.  He will need help, but not as much as some other guys will. 

Giannis is too quick for Tacko to handle, unless it is for post ups, which GA doesn't do a lot of currently.
If he can help with Embiid but maybe not so much Giannis, I would still be inclined to keep him.  He will most likely get the lion's share of his minutes against backups, not either of these guys.  The matchup problems he creates are going to frustrate opposing teams.
How about if they only used him to bother inbounds plays at the end of quarters/games? Wouldn’t even just that justify the 15th roster spot?
Sure.  He can be a useful player you plug in for certain match-ups OR situations.

« Reply #241 on: October 11, 2019, 09:48:37 AM »

Offline bellerephon

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 52
I tend to think Tacko will be with the Celts, either on the roster or as a two way player. Either way I expect him to spend the year in Maine.

« Reply #242 on: October 11, 2019, 11:00:54 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I tend to think Tacko will be with the Celts, either on the roster or as a two way player. Either way I expect him to spend the year in Maine.
I agree. He has lots of work to do before being ready to contribute at the NBA level in an overall positive manner for the team.

I just don't get people's expectations being so high that they think he can be playing this year and helping out by defending Embiid, Giannis or anyone of that quality.

Sorry, but this isn't college where Tacko could just sit in the lane in front of the basket and dare people to come at him. Tacko will need to move around and won't be able to just park in the lane. There is going to be an adjustment period for him as he learns how to play defense as a big in the NBA and that period will take place in Maine

« Reply #243 on: October 11, 2019, 01:48:43 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
I agree. He has lots of work to do before being ready to contribute at the NBA level in an overall positive manner for the team.

I just don't get people's expectations being so high that they think he can be playing this year and helping out by defending Embiid, Giannis or anyone of that quality.

Sorry, but this isn't college where Tacko could just sit in the lane in front of the basket and dare people to come at him. Tacko will need to move around and won't be able to just park in the lane. There is going to be an adjustment period for him as he learns how to play defense as a big in the NBA and that period will take place in Maine

Agreed - but the reason for the excessive optimism is he really has exceeded expectations. The problem is that what exceeding expectations really means is "certainly deserves significant G league time, probably deserves to play in an NBA game at some point in the next 2 seasons." Which is good! The guy wasn't drafted and people were very pessimistic about him initially. But it's miles and miles from a guy you can put on superstars.

I do like the idea of keeping him around strictly to defend inbounds on one end and be available as a end of quarter/game inbounds lob option, though. If he can just do that competently a few times it will be a terrific rookie season for him.

« Reply #244 on: October 11, 2019, 02:35:31 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja

so, you are predicting that CS will soon have a Lobster Tacko thread????;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #245 on: October 11, 2019, 03:20:24 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

so, you are predicting that CS will soon have a Lobster Tacko thread????;D
Lobster tacos are really the best tacos ever. Eventually my preference will be for Shamrock Tacko's but I just think they are a couple years away.

« Reply #246 on: October 11, 2019, 03:22:06 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
I am starting to agree that if he's not on a 2 way or the active roster he will not just go to Maine.  The problem is he needs a full year of development to be an end of the bench contributor.  His max is probably a 15-20 minute type of player when he plays.  He will never be a starter in this league and more of a match up guy.  I love Tacko.  He's fund to watch.  Everyone roots for him but at this point you keep the highest upside guys.  Is that Strus, Green or Tacko.  Green is 26 but has immense athletic upside.  Strus is a wildcard and I think if he is released from his 2 way no one will claim him and he can go to Maine.  Tacko needs a year of working with a trainer developing his lateral movement as much as possible.  He needs better basketball awareness and can get all of that this year by playing in Maine most nights.  I hope they keep him but it's not the end of the world if they do not. 

Taco Fall
« Reply #247 on: December 21, 2019, 07:39:07 AM »

Offline stb

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 119
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgYJL_ma9BQ

Even though he is a miserable human being, Boston should enlist Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to teach Taco the most devastating offensive weapon basketball has ever seen...the Skyhook.

Re: Taco Fall
« Reply #248 on: December 21, 2019, 10:00:21 AM »

Offline ederson

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 279
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgYJL_ma9BQ

Even though he is a miserable human being, Boston should enlist Kareem Abdul-Jabbar to teach Taco the most devastating offensive weapon basketball has ever seen...the Skyhook.

Let him learn the basics first and then we ll see about the sky hook!

« Reply #249 on: December 21, 2019, 01:57:43 PM »

Offline Celtics17

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 108
Speaking of the sky hook, why is it that no players shoot it? I mean, occasionally you may kind of see a hook shot but really not that much but no one that I can remember has ever done Kareems' version.

« Reply #250 on: December 21, 2019, 03:07:23 PM »

Offline W8ting2McHale

• NCE
  • Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 89
Speaking of the sky hook, why is it that no players shoot it? I mean, occasionally you may kind of see a hook shot but really not that much but no one that I can remember has ever done Kareems' version.

When Porzingis first came into the league I thought he’d be the perfect candidate for a sky hook revival. If he had adopted it I think he could have been a 30 pt a night player, but I guess the games changed too much.

« Reply #251 on: December 21, 2019, 03:27:59 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

When Porzingis first came into the league I thought he’d be the perfect candidate for a sky hook revival. If he had adopted it I think he could have been a 30 pt a night player, but I guess the games changed too much.

TP.   like the ideas.

« Reply #252 on: December 21, 2019, 03:41:35 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700

He used it a few times the other night against us. I remember the commentators discussing how unstoppable that shot is from a player his height