Author Topic: I still am not ready to blow it up  (Read 3666 times)

Re: I still am not ready to blow it up
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2019, 12:30:25 PM »

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1561
I know, I know, if Al and Kyrie leave, we're not any kind of contender.  Yet, I am still of the mind that Tatum, Hayward, and Brown could form a good core to win now.  I would rather find a way to sign a good veteran with the money we have than try and flame out completely.

I want no part of the five year plan.

I think the long term plan was always to build around Tatum and Brown (at least Tatum).  You cannot underestimate the ability to keep your own players for nearly a decade.

Again I note that it is funny that people are complaining that a 33-year old Horford declined his $30M option and is leaving to give the Celtics max space again.  This is a great thing for them moving forward.

They will not be able to replace Kyrie's or Horford's production from last season, but if they can get 75% of that and Hayward/Tatum/Brown all play better with Kyrie gone...that could be a 50-win team again.

Agreed, plus this team will be FUN to watch again---I wanted to cancel my league pass, this past year...for the first time in over 30 years, I didn't watch some games. Awful product on the court--mostly due to everyone bowing to Kyrie.

Funny enough, I'm pretty sure I'm not renewing my league pass for the upcoming season. I don't have a ton of interest in watching Tatum complain to the refs after every. single. play. or watching corpse-Gordon sulk because he's not Utah-Gordon anymore.

I'm over underdog teams.

great post. i have had NBA league pass for as long as i can remember and I may not renew myself this year. i am making a killing wagering on MLB anyway so i will spend it on extra innings. unless DA makes some wild moves tonight or can make it interesting next year. it would pain me not to have it though. i love this franchise too much. we shall see.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 12:58:28 PM by Boston Garden Leprechaun »
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #46 on: June 20, 2019, 12:33:36 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I know, I know, if Al and Kyrie leave, we're not any kind of contender.  Yet, I am still of the mind that Tatum, Hayward, and Brown could form a good core to win now.  I would rather find a way to sign a good veteran with the money we have than try and flame out completely.

I think the long term plan was always to build around Tatum and Brown (at least Tatum).  You cannot underestimate the ability to keep your own players for nearly a decade.

Again I note that it is funny that people are complaining that a 33-year old Horford declined his $30M option and is leaving to give the Celtics max space again.  This is a great thing for them moving forward.

They will not be able to replace Kyrie's or Horford's production from last season, but if they can get 75% of that and Hayward/Tatum/Brown all play better with Kyrie gone...that could be a 50-win team again.

Agreed, plus this team will be FUN to watch again---I wanted to cancel my league pass, this past year...for the first time in over 30 years, I didn't watch some games. Awful product on the court--mostly due to everyone bowing to Kyrie.

right it was so painful the last 2 years huh? puhleeeeeeeeeeeeze. yeah you won't be claiming fun when we are not winning jack or being bounced in 1st round of playoffs.
I am going to watch the game threads next year pretty closely. Really want to see how many that are now claiming they will have fun with a team that's young and losing are complete hypocrites when the team actually is younger and losing.

« Reply #47 on: June 20, 2019, 12:40:21 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417

Pretty sure the long-term plan was for Ainge to trade those guys for a guy of Anthony Davis' caliber.  I'm also pretty sure (or at least hopeful) the plan was all along to put us in the best position to contend for a championship. I don't think the end game was to build around Tatum and Brown

« Reply #48 on: June 20, 2019, 12:52:43 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

right it was so painful the last 2 years huh? puhleeeeeeeeeeeeze. yeah you won't be claiming fun when we are not winning jack or being bounced in 1st round of playoffs.
I am going to watch the game threads next year pretty closely. Really want to see how many that are now claiming they will have fun with a team that's young and losing are complete hypocrites when the team actually is younger and losing.

lol i know right? i remember myself and chief with a few others like liam and shaqattack. it was like water torture watching those teams in 2014 and 2015 and 2016. but we were there in the game threads as painful as it was! hah.
LET'S GO CELTICS!

« Reply #49 on: June 20, 2019, 12:56:46 PM »

Offline ETNCeltics

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 307

Of course people will complain, but was last year fun? Most unenjoyable season for Celtics in several years for me.

To me, the thing to watch most nights isn't wins and losses, it's how Tatum plays.

« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2019, 01:00:42 PM »

• Dennis Johnson

Of course people will complain, but was last year fun? Most unenjoyable season for Celtics in several years for me.

To me, the thing to watch most nights isn't wins and losses, it's how Tatum plays.

sure the regular season was very frustrating at times but we all had positive hopes for playoffs.  we knew we still had kyrie and Al. without them next year if we are not doing well it will not be any fun. at all.
LET'S GO CELTICS!