Author Topic: What's the Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 963546 times)

Re: What's the Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #3330 on: February 19, 2022, 11:47:47 PM »

Kiorrik

Tbh, Snyder cut was awesome. Like, really heaps, heaps better. Loved it.

Snyder cut was excruciatingly long with plenty of scenes that deserved to be on the cutting floor. 
Found it to be a real slog to get through it all.

I don't mind taking my time with things :]

Might give it a rewatch soon actually!

« Reply #3331 on: February 20, 2022, 12:03:38 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 555
What the Wife and I have watched lately:

1883 - So slow and boring.  No likeable characters outside of the 1 that was killed.  They travel approx. 0.3 miles an episode.
Boba Fett - worst show on TV that I've seen.  SJW Boba Fett is lame.  Pathetic in every way. 
Reacher - Only watched a few episodes and its ok.  Guy needs to keep his shirt on.
Wheel of Time - is OK nothing ground breaking but was entertained.

Dune - Really liked it and I would rate it better than Star Wars.  I watched without any prior knowledge of this story and for some reason have always thought it would be boring so resisted watching.  Wife also really liked it.

How far did you make it in Book of Boba Fett?  There's a lot of bad, but the Mandalorian scenes are awesome, as are some of the other storylines.  The finale was a mixed bag.  I agree on the character himself:  really lame overall.

I agree on 1883.  I really want to love this series, but I kind of wish Elsa would die.  It doesn't have much of a story arc.  It's like in the typical 50 minute episode there's 3 minutes of action and 47 minutes of plodding.

Dune was amazing.

Agreed on Wheel of Time.

Haven't seen Reacher.
I've very much enjoyed 1883 so far.  Has a real old west feel.  Elsa and her narration are one of the best parts.  They'd be stupid to kill off her character.  But there was the very 1st scene in episode 1 showing her in the future being shot with an arrow so anything is possible. 

Wheel of Time was okay but not memorable.  If the Aes Sedai truly can't lie, can anyone explain why the guy hunting Aes Sedai didn't just directly ask women if they were Aes Sedai? 

Reacher again was okay but not memorable. 

Mayor of Kingstown was okay but character stupidity abounded.  Main character was especially stupid and turned out to be an abject failure at keeping the peace between the criminal gangs and police/prison guards.  No idea where they are going to go with season 2 after the final episode in season 1.

Don't watch many animated series but I'm enjoying The Legend of Vox Machina.  Definitely not for kids. 

Britannia is good but I have no clue what to compare it to.  Ancient setting with modern language used.  Weird mystical/psychadelic vibe.  Weird mix of realism and non-realism.  Memorable characters driven by prophecies and gods/demons. 

« Reply #3332 on: February 20, 2022, 12:09:01 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 555

Snyder cut was excruciatingly long with plenty of scenes that deserved to be on the cutting floor. 

I'm fine with taking my time as long as it is enjoyable.  I found Snyder's cut to be torturous. 

« Reply #3333 on: February 20, 2022, 01:41:23 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
  I really dislike what has come with DC outside the asunder movies. I do believe he was most responsible got the original WW. Shazam, Aquaman, WW84, the new SS.. all too campy got me.
   But what’s worse is WB wouldn’t even promote the real Justice League movie. That’s disgusting considering what happened.
  But they won’t be able to hide good results forever. Snyderverse will certainly be back, despite what the paid media shills say .

If the New DC Flash Movie has anything to do with...

Is will be CRAZY!!

I love Dc Story telling and animation. To me the Anime is better than most Marvel Movies.

Zack Snyder was intending on this. He wanted Jeffrey Dean Morgan in that role.  Morgan and lauren Cohen have both come out together saying they were still eager to do it but Morgan then said WB bringing in Nivhael Keaton ended that. Such a shame.

« Reply #3334 on: February 20, 2022, 02:09:58 AM »

Offline colincb

• NCE
  • Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 501
The Last Duel - Stopped watching. The Roshomon-like trick has been done before. As others have said, Kingdom of Heaven is a better Medieval flick in either the theatrical or the superior extended version.

Nobody - Reminded me of The Equalizer, but more ludicrous. Watchable because of the lead.

« Reply #3335 on: February 20, 2022, 07:18:59 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 415
The new Texas Chainsaw Massacre on Netflix..actually pretty good if u like gore like me…little tidbit, John Larroquette of Night court game, did the introduction of the first one in 1974 & and did it again on this one
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #3336 on: February 20, 2022, 07:24:56 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Jackass Forever.  I loved it.  It's not for everyone but I find those guys hilarious even in between the stunts.  Pontius is awesome.

« Reply #3337 on: February 20, 2022, 01:02:30 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!

Enjoyed It.

It's over 2 hours but didnt feel like.

Rasputin

and the other Historical Characters kept it interesting

« Reply #3338 on: February 20, 2022, 02:18:37 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1450
The Last Duel - Stopped watching. The Roshomon-like trick has been done before. As others have said, Kingdom of Heaven is a better Medieval flick in either the theatrical or the superior extended version.

Nobody - Reminded me of The Equalizer, but more ludicrous. Watchable because of the lead.

Wish I stopped watching The Last Duel as well, just bad from start to finish.

Check out “The King” On Netflix if you are into medieval films . Just finished and thought it was a solid movie. Starts a little slow, but it gets better. Timothée Chalamet (who stared in Dune) is the main character. He’s one of the best young actors out there, IMO.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #3339 on: February 20, 2022, 04:39:57 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Check out “The King” On Netflix if you are into medieval films . Just finished and thought it was a solid movie. Starts a little slow, but it gets better. Timothée Chalamet (who stared in Dune) is the main character. He’s one of the best young actors out there, IMO.
I feel like Chalamet and Pattinson were cast in reverse roles in that film. Pattinson should have been the lead, Chalamet should have been Pattinson's character.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #3340 on: February 20, 2022, 05:28:48 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1450

I feel like Chalamet and Pattinson were cast in reverse roles in that film. Pattinson should have been the lead, Chalamet should have been Pattinson's character.

I think Chalamet is a better actor. He did look a bit young in the role, though.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2022, 06:42:53 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #3341 on: February 20, 2022, 06:54:55 PM »

Offline BASS_THUMPER

• Scal's #1 Fan
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 5350
  • Thumper of the BASS!
  I really dislike what has come with DC outside the asunder movies. I do believe he was most responsible got the original WW. Shazam, Aquaman, WW84, the new SS.. all too campy got me.
   But what’s worse is WB wouldn’t even promote the real Justice League movie. That’s disgusting considering what happened.
  But they won’t be able to hide good results forever. Snyderverse will certainly be back, despite what the paid media shills say .

If the New DC Flash Movie has anything to do with...

Is will be CRAZY!!

I love Dc Story telling and animation. To me the Anime is better than most Marvel Movies.

Zack Snyder was intending on this. He wanted Jeffrey Dean Morgan in that role.  Morgan and lauren Cohen have both come out together saying they were still eager to do it but Morgan then said WB bringing in Nivhael Keaton ended that. Such a shame.

Actually the new

Will be about Flash Point Paradox

Keaton is Thomas Wayne, who is Bruce Wayne dad, is Batman in this reality.

Gonna be fun to Watch

« Reply #3342 on: February 20, 2022, 10:09:50 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney

I’ve watched it so many times. I love it.  I adore the zsnyder trilogy. Snyder movies will always be long because he draws each scene. He’s a visual storyteller. I prefer him and Denis who did Dune but I also can respect it’s not for everyone.
  I have no doubts Battfleck will be back along with Cavill and all that will be Restored. It was a “ global phenomenon “ . There’s a huge demand from fans.
    Gun. Is gonna stick to tv it sounds like. I dint know why DC can’t just recast the JL. They did t want Cavill. They wanted Michael BJordan . Get him, recast other comical characters. At the same time let Snyder do his serious thing. There’s enough to go around.
   I’m glad the success of ZSJL showed at least there’s more than 1 way to make a movie. I really think every fan can get what they want. The best thing is that WB won’t be able to nix the Snyder stuff out of spite. Decisions will be based now on fan demand. However that plays out , even if it does t go the way a fan base wants, I think can accept that.

« Reply #3343 on: February 20, 2022, 10:12:32 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  Really enjoyed The King , the last Duel, and Nightmare Alley. What a cast in Nightmare Alley! But a warning to those who haven’t seen it , it’s 2and a half hrs if you don’t care for flicks  that long.

« Reply #3344 on: February 20, 2022, 10:40:58 PM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
   I love movies and tv. I’m grateful for the escapism. I love original dystopian stories . I’m currently fly checking out “ Raised by Wolves” by Ridley Scott on HBO Max. It takes its time but that’s kind of my favorite kind of story. It’s got a lot of mythology it slowly reveals. Not important to the story ( just a fun tidbit) but you can get a glimpse of what is suppose to be Boston in the future and tell exactly where.
   Season 2 just got released . Has anyone else checked this out and enjoyed it? I’m trusting Ridley Scott has an ending planned out and I think he has less constraints on him that he did doing Prometheus.