Author Topic: Merged Bryan Colangelo Twitter Scandal / Resignation Threads  (Read 24721 times)

Re: Merged Bryan Colangelo Twitter Scandal / Resignation Threads
« Reply #165 on: June 07, 2018, 03:30:27 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
How’s Philly looking, Lebron? Lol

With JC still associated with Philly, I'm not even sure that hiring Griffin would convince Lebron to go there now.
Sounds like Jerry has been threatening to unearth every body and burn bridges if they fired his son. It could get messier somehow.

I think LBJ doesn't really care about GMs or even ownership. He just wants control and the talent around him to his liking. Just a matter of if he likes the idea of playing with Simmons/Embiid/whomever they are traded for.

« Reply #166 on: June 07, 2018, 03:33:27 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Come on y'all, we got to #TrustTheBurners !!  :laugh:
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: You have to read this Bryan Colangelo fake Twitter accounts report
« Reply #167 on: June 07, 2018, 03:42:19 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Ownership fears that Colangelo's credibility inside and outside the organization may be too badly damaged to continue his job, especially within a month of a July free-agency period when the Sixers plan to pursue superstars such as LeBron James and Paul George to partner with young stars Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons.

Next Philly GM: Maverick Carter.
David Griffin might serve that same purpose, and he is actually a good GM.

I have read that BC is Griffin's mentor and is considered part of the family.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/pattisonave/Donnellon-Cavs-GM-David-Griffin-talks-about-Sixers-Bryan-Colangelo-.html

Not sure they can get away with firing BC and then hiring his protege?
If it lands them a top tier FA?

Yea. I would be very surprised. Colangelo is going to have an ax to grind with them and I don't know what his dad's role is with the team right now either. There is probably still stuff to come out from this. I don't think they are going to get things more convoluted by bringing in a guy that has a close relationship with Bryan and has repeatedly proclaimed his admiration for him. Also let's not act like Griffin is Windhorst to Lebron. I think Lebron thought he did a solid job in cleveland and certainly would think he was a good hire, but I haven't seen that makes it out like Griffin would be a slam dunk to get Lebron by any stretch (otherwise other teams would get in a bidding war for him)
It obviously wouldn't be a slam dunk, but James likes Griffin a lot.  He to this day talks very highly of Griffin.  He wanted Griffin to be retained and there are a lot of reports out there, that James believes Griffin would have figured out how to make it work between himself and Irving (who James apparently didn't want traded). 

when you couple that Philly is one of the few teams that really make sense for James (they can sign him outright, have a lot of talent, and were a good team last year) it makes perfect sense for Philly to hire a qualified GM with a known relationship with James.  Even if Griffin doesn't lead to James, this is a very critical summer for the Sixers, so hiring someone with championship experience isn't a bad move on its own.

Again you missed the biggest point of what i was saying. I guess i have to think you do this intentionally?

Griffin is the protege of Colangelo and greatly admires him. They are trying to get the Colangelos out of the organization. The other stuff is very secondary and distant.
There isn't fraud or anything like that though.  I mean the articles talking about candidates include 2 people that currently work for the Sixers (along with Griffin and Zarren from the C's).  If they are worried about a connection to the Colaneglo's why on earth would they hire internally?  This is a strange situation where a guy's wife went on twitter and did some dumb things.  Griffin's reverence for BC shouldn't really come into play in that situation. 
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 03:54:30 PM by Moranis »
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #168 on: June 07, 2018, 03:51:54 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Come on y'all, we got to #TrustTheBurners !!  :laugh:

Agreed ha. Factory resetting an iPhone before turning it in is so shady though. That and the burners tweeting from an Android

« Reply #169 on: June 07, 2018, 04:23:12 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
They have 6 draft picks and free agency trying to Court lebron or Paul George. A new GM has to hire people and scouts and make their draft choices in the span of what? 12 day’s?

« Reply #170 on: June 07, 2018, 04:29:42 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Isn't the guy who started Trust the Process available! :) Hey, how old is Jackson? Doesn't he follow the young stars and wouldn't he be perfect to get Lebron to Philly or is he is beyond functioning age now?

Maybe the wife had other private things on that phone and did not want it made public. In this day and age, hard to blame anyone for resetting their phone before investigators run through. Just look at the headlines in any cheap news outlet online and you will see why. I am sure she has a ton of personal texts to god knows who on there.

Would say the odds are high he knew of this or was behind it but then again, in this age of cheating and divorce being as common as walking your dog, maybe he did not know. One never knows but I vote he knew for sure.

« Reply #171 on: June 07, 2018, 04:34:29 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Isn't the guy who started Trust the Process available! :) Hey, how old is Jackson? Doesn't he follow the young stars and wouldn't he be perfect to get Lebron to Philly or is he is beyond functioning age now?

Maybe the wife had other private things on that phone and did not want it made public. In this day and age, hard to blame anyone for resetting their phone before investigators run through. Just look at the headlines in any cheap news outlet online and you will see why. I am sure she has a ton of personal texts to god knows who on there.

Would say the odds are high he knew of this or was behind it but then again, in this age of cheating and divorce being as common as walking your dog, maybe he did not know. One never knows but I vote he knew for sure.

he is only good for dirty work of tanking , not having to hold his nose and able to endure the criticism that went with his juvenile type sceme to beat the system

« Reply #172 on: June 07, 2018, 05:18:51 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1395
Ownership fears that Colangelo's credibility inside and outside the organization may be too badly damaged to continue his job, especially within a month of a July free-agency period when the Sixers plan to pursue superstars such as LeBron James and Paul George to partner with young stars Joel Embiid and Ben Simmons.

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/pattisonave/Donnellon-Cavs-GM-David-Griffin-talks-about-Sixers-Bryan-Colangelo-.html

Yea. I would be very surprised. Colangelo is going to have an ax to grind with them and I don't know what his dad's role is with the team right now either. There is probably still stuff to come out from this. I don't think they are going to get things more convoluted by bringing in a guy that has a close relationship with Bryan and has repeatedly proclaimed his admiration for him. Also let's not act like Griffin is Windhorst to Lebron. I think Lebron thought he did a solid job in cleveland and certainly would think he was a good hire, but I haven't seen that makes it out like Griffin would be a slam dunk to get Lebron by any stretch (otherwise other teams would get in a bidding war for him)
It obviously wouldn't be a slam dunk, but James likes Griffin a lot.  He to this day talks very highly of Griffin.  He wanted Griffin to be retained and there are a lot of reports out there, that James believes Griffin would have figured out how to make it work between himself and Irving (who James apparently didn't want traded). 

when you couple that Philly is one of the few teams that really make sense for James (they can sign him outright, have a lot of talent, and were a good team last year) it makes perfect sense for Philly to hire a qualified GM with a known relationship with James.  Even if Griffin doesn't lead to James, this is a very critical summer for the Sixers, so hiring someone with championship experience isn't a bad move on its own.

Again you missed the biggest point of what i was saying. I guess i have to think you do this intentionally?

Griffin is the protege of Colangelo and greatly admires him. They are trying to get the Colangelos out of the organization. The other stuff is very secondary and distant.
There isn't fraud or anything like that though.  I mean the articles talking about candidates include 2 people that currently work for the Sixers (along with Griffin and Zarren from the C's).  If they are worried about a connection to the Colaneglo's why on earth would they hire internally?  This is a strange situation where a guy's wife went on twitter and did some dumb things.  Griffin's reverence for BC shouldn't really come into play in that situation.

Talk about talking out of both sides of your mouth. you were literally adamantly arguing few days ago about Colangelo violating HIPAA for both Fultz and Okafor (with me). A few days later when you want griffin it is just his wife doing some "dumb things." Lol.

« Reply #173 on: June 07, 2018, 05:36:44 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!

Talk about talking out of both sides of your mouth. you were literally adamantly arguing few days ago about Colangelo violating HIPAA for both Fultz and Okafor (with me). A few days later when you want griffin it is just his wife doing some "dumb things." Lol.

Ah it's nice to log in and see @celticsclay and @moranis going at it in a thread. Or as we call it, a typical Thursday in the forums  :laugh:  ;)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #174 on: June 07, 2018, 05:41:14 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Does anyone believe that it was all her and he had no idea?? sketchy imo

« Reply #175 on: June 07, 2018, 05:55:39 PM »

Offline Erik

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 235
  • The voice of reason
Does anyone believe that it was all her and he had no idea?? sketchy imo

No. She was the "fall girl."

« Reply #176 on: June 07, 2018, 06:03:20 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2933
http://bleacherreport.com/post/nba/ceb14776-155d-4544-9ac6-b9ea522cbfe0

Lol the Game of Zones guys are already on top of this scandal! 🔥 (The Celtics “Spurs of the East” ending was pretty sweet, too. Finally getting some recognition!)

« Reply #177 on: June 07, 2018, 06:05:53 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
What type of man does that to their wife EVEN IF she did do it?

I don't care if my wife came to me and said Hunny I'll take the fall for you so you can keep this job. Thank you for loving me so much you'd be willing to do that but I love you just as much not to accept.

Cowardly act no matter who ran those Twitter accounts.

ok fine

« Reply #178 on: June 07, 2018, 06:22:24 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
http://bleacherreport.com/post/nba/ceb14776-155d-4544-9ac6-b9ea522cbfe0

Lol the Game of Zones guys are already on top of this scandal! 🔥 (The Celtics “Spurs of the East” ending was pretty sweet, too. Finally getting some recognition!)

TP. I love Game of Zones. Another brilliant episode. The Toronto bit was great too.

« Reply #179 on: June 07, 2018, 06:26:25 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
How’s Philly looking, Lebron? Lol

With JC still associated with Philly, I'm not even sure that hiring Griffin would convince Lebron to go there now.
It would be so perfect if they got no new free agents, and lost their veteran shooters
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)