Author Topic: KG Maniacal Defense  (Read 1736 times)

KG Maniacal Defense
« on: January 27, 2012, 03:49:25 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 85
orlando started back-picking bradley and moore because of the full court pressure...what does KG do...comes up to about half court to double the dribbler...then...flashes back to his own man...it seemed like the whole 4th qtr...what does this do...it protects bradley and moore from getting hurt...and...they know KG has their back...do you think they were inspired or what...on top of this...he is also fronting howard or getting howard away from the basket and his sweet spots...this is old school defense...what do i mean by that...it was pure energy and effort...not our defensive system and switching necessarily...the whole team picked up the defensive intensity...there's something about KG...i can't really figure it out...when he is playing good...we can beat anyone...when he's not...we're in trouble...he doesn't necessarily carry the team on his back...like the Capt...the great thing about this team...everybody plays a certain role...the capt is the capt...ray can light it up and snatch victory from defeat...rondo...when he is on...can be one of the most disruptive forces in the nba...but i really think we go as far as KG goes...the only team i'm really scared of and probably have to respect is the heat...i think we can beat everyone else in the east...

Re: KG Maniacal Defense
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 04:14:21 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
He is our modern day Bill, plain and simple.

At least to me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90MtenZBABM

Dwight Howard would be foolish to not AT LEAST consider Boston.

Who ELSE - among his reported favorites - can help him out up front?

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 04:19:36 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
TP.

I made a post earlier this season when we were sucking wind at 4-8 or something that we shouldn't "sleep" on this team.

This team actually has a lot of elements to it that might make it end up being a sleeper and underdog champion if all the stars align correctly. Here's what I mean:

1. Chemistry - this group has it, big time.
2. Toughness - Rondo, Bradley, Moore, Ray, Marquis, Pietrus, Pierce, KG, Bass, and JO are all tough scrappers for their positions.
3. They are a very feisty, edgy bunch together on the floor. They get after it and feed off each other emotionally.
4. Their perimeter defense from point to SF has the chance to be suffocating.
5. Intelligence - smart group

If we can add one more vet big man that can be long around the rim and hit people for 10-15 minutes a night - we could suprise a lot of people.

I'm not sure where it will end up this year - but I really like this group of players. If they stay healthy and continue to gel like they have been, they will be a very, very tough out for anyone.

For example:

I like my chances of Rondo, Bradley, Moore, Marquis, Pietrus and Ray against Miami's back court.

I like my chances of Pierce, Pietrus and Marquis on Lebron

Even Stiemsma comes in and is good at a specialty - affecting some shots.

We need one more vet big man.

I don't know what will happen. We could fizzle and be an early exit team or we could suprise a lot of people if we stay healthy.

I don't know but I really enjoy watching this particular team play and I wouldn't sleep on them.

They need to rock Indy tonight - tough back to back, let's see how they do.

« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 04:23:54 PM »

Offline rutzan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 85
i agree...we need one more big man...joel p?...but...who do you cut...pav?...steamer?...can wilcox step it up...the magic must have thought they were playing against 6 men with Kg all over the court...LOL...

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 07:58:11 PM »

Offline ScoobyDoo

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 447
Yeah Joel P. or even Rasheed Wallace if he came back. WE don't need a lot from whoever it is and I'm not sure "who" it would be...we just need one more big for certain nights who can come in and bang hard for 10-15 minutes, many other nights we won't need much from them, provided JO is healthy.

I'd probably cut Sasha or Steamer and probably Steamer if we had a deal for him to re-sign with us again next season. I think that kid could be a very good and perfect long term 3rd string center for us. If he can add  a little more bulk over the next 1-2 seasons he could be a solid 3rd string defensive and rebounding guy for us.   

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2012, 09:56:07 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I am thinking lately he could play C for us and be productive.  He may not like it but it is best for the team.   He looks better than O'Neal by far.