Author Topic: Sign Marbury and make a trade  (Read 1755 times)

Sign Marbury and make a trade
« on: January 10, 2009, 03:13:38 AM »

Offline tb727

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 129
Trade a couple of bench guys for a big man with length and sign Marbury.  I don't care for Stephon but if he's on the floor he has to be respected as a shooter and teams can't play off him nearly as much as they do on Rondo.  Sometimes it's like we're literally playing 4 on 5.

Rondo had an entire summer to make his jump shot somewhat respectable and it's not even close.  I like him a lot and he's young but Marbury's an improvment from House too and teams cannot play off him like they do Rajon.

Very frustrated right now, just feel like venting.
Jay Wingspan Bilas

Re: Sign Marbury and make a trade
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2009, 03:17:35 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
I think Marbury hurts this team more than helps it, sorry to ruin your pipe dream of marbury somehow saving the tired 3
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2009, 03:20:03 AM »

Offline tb727

• Don Chaney
I think Marbury hurts this team more than helps it, sorry to ruin your pipe dream of marbury somehow saving the tired 3

They need some kind of jolt right now- I don't know if Marbury's the answer but I don't know what else is out there.  Perhaps a player of his caliber motivated to win a championship can somehow refocus the team.

I'm at a loss for words and can't think of any options and I'm just livid now. 

And as someone else said, someone needs to hit Vareajo for real so he doesn't need to flop.  My God is he obnoxious out there...
Jay Wingspan Bilas

« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2009, 03:24:15 AM »

Offline TatteredOnMySleeve

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Ahh, I dont feel any need to complain about Vareajao, he did what his team needed and its not like the celtics never flop...quite frankly I would kill to have Varejao coming off our bench
When you got it going, you got it going. I just keep my focus down the stretch. That's when I want the ball. I'm just not afraid to fail."-PaulPierce

« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2009, 03:26:54 AM »

Offline tb727

• Don Chaney
Ahh, I dont feel any need to complain about Vareajao, he did what his team needed and its not like the celtics never flop...quite frankly I would kill to have Varejao coming off our bench

No one on the Celtics comes to close to flopping as much as Varejo.  You can say Powe and Scalabrine and sometimes even Davis try to take charges and yes sometimes they do flop.  But none of them do it nearly to the extent he does.  I despise him.

Sorry for getting off topic here too.
Jay Wingspan Bilas