Author Topic: Ladies and Gentlemen, wish me luck...  (Read 3566 times)

Ladies and Gentlemen, wish me luck...
« on: January 09, 2009, 05:00:56 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 235
(Mods not sure where to post this feel free to move it!)

Tonight I embark on a quest to save the struggling Boston Celtics.  Deep in enemy territory, I have through a series of won bets, promises of purchased drinks, and searches for other green tinted basketball fans, found a group of seven individuals to reverse curse the Cavs.

In Columbus ohio, all wearing green (and me with green knee high socks as well), we will proudly unfurl the emerald flag and let fly our cries of "Let's go celtics!" (clap clap.. clapclapclap).  Whiskey will be drank, girls will be hit on, and Cavs shall be hated.

The purpose, ladies and gentlemen, is three fold.  To, through positive energy transmitted psychically, empower the Celtics defense.  To, through negative energy trasmitted vocally, weaken the Cavalier's star travelling prima donna, Lebron James.  Finally, not to get beat up  (travelling 7 deep helps).

Wish me good fortune in my endeavor!  I will proudly display my Celtic pride no matter who wins, but it will go a long way towards my ending up a happy drunk if the boys in green get out of their funk tonight.  May Ray's dagger like threes fly true, may Paul's infallible footwork carry him to the free throw line, and may KGs pure insanity deny layups forthwith!  Hurrah, huzzah, harrumph!  CELTICS!

(P.S. I am not normally this lame.  I'm in rare lame form tonight).

Re: Ladies and Gentlemen, wish me luck...
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 05:02:02 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 652
  • MASTER OF PANIC
i am also living in columbus.....have my celtics flag flying despite the pending snow sotrm coming....bring it cavs

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 05:07:54 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Have fun. The C's are the better team tonight, the chances of winning are solid.

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 06:31:44 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
today, you are my hero. thank you for your attempts, good sir.

hahaha, seriously, i feel really good about tonight, and haven't hit the panic button once through this whole time. i've wanted to, but i haven't.

lets go C's! LET'S GO C'S!

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 06:32:27 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
oh...see you on tv lol

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 06:40:14 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
oh...see you on tv lol

Sadly, I am not going to the game, just out on the town.

And celticinorlando - that's the best part of having 4 bars within walking distance of your house.  Snow shmo!

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 06:57:34 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
oh...see you on tv lol

Sadly, I am not going to the game, just out on the town.

And celticinorlando - that's the best part of having 4 bars within walking distance of your house.  Snow shmo!

I am disappointed in you, you should be at the game, a real fan would be. And as far as I am concerned Cleveland isn't enemy territory unless the Celtics are a division one football team, bandwagon city, doesn't support the team, and doesn't know basketball. And green knee socks isn't enough, I want to see all of you dressed like this:

Btw Schupac is related to me, so don't worry about me being hard on him, he deserves it.

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 06:59:28 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
schupac.....make us proud and represent!  kudos to you and ur crew

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 07:14:00 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
haha...well, it'd be incredible if you were actually AT the game, but on the streets works too. give em hell lol

« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2009, 07:17:59 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
small world...i lived in columbus for 3 years before moving to florida (my wife and i both had job moves).  we lived in westerville and it was tough for me because i was born and lived all my life in ohio.

i fell in love with the celtics because of larry bird.  but the cav's were always my second favorite team and i liked world b. free.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2009, 07:22:27 PM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
Wow... I've been trying to hide the fact that I am related to Celtic for years (even at family dinners) and he just outs me.  So sad.  But he is right.  Columbus is a bandwagon city, which makes it more fun to hate on the fans here :-)

And in even better news I tricked my boss into sending me home early so I'll be able to see most of the game.  Woot woot, people, woot woot.

edit:  To add to my nerdiness, we shall be referred to as The Fellowship of the 17 Rings.  That I expect to last roughly 3 minutes before I am punched in the face.

« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2009, 07:45:16 PM »

Offline SShorefan 3.0

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 202
luck wished and tp'd as well.
I love my kids - Call me a sap, but it's true.

« Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 09:08:38 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
(Mods not sure where to post this feel free to move it!)

Tonight I embark on a quest to save the struggling Boston Celtics.  Deep in enemy territory, I have through a series of won bets, promises of purchased drinks, and searches for other green tinted basketball fans, found a group of seven individuals to reverse curse the Cavs.

In Columbus ohio, all wearing green (and me with green knee high socks as well), we will proudly unfurl the emerald flag and let fly our cries of "Let's go celtics!" (clap clap.. clapclapclap).  Whiskey will be drank, girls will be hit on, and Cavs shall be hated.

The purpose, ladies and gentlemen, is three fold.  To, through positive energy transmitted psychically, empower the Celtics defense.  To, through negative energy trasmitted vocally, weaken the Cavalier's star travelling prima donna, Lebron James.  Finally, not to get beat up  (travelling 7 deep helps).

Wish me good fortune in my endeavor!  I will proudly display my Celtic pride no matter who wins, but it will go a long way towards my ending up a happy drunk if the boys in green get out of their funk tonight.  May Ray's dagger like threes fly true, may Paul's infallible footwork carry him to the free throw line, and may KGs pure insanity deny layups forthwith!  Hurrah, huzzah, harrumph!  CELTICS!

(P.S. I am not normally this lame.  I'm in rare lame form tonight).

Go get 'em!

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2009, 11:14:44 AM »

Offline Schupac

• Jayson Tatum
The fellowship has failed... the dark lord (no, not our dark lord) will slowly gain dominance in the realm of the NBA.  The eye of Lebron is upon you in the East, and his minion David Stern's unassailable tower rises in the West.  The age of men is over.

Wow what a crappy crappy game.  And I do have a truly epic hangover... thankfully I salvaged the night for myself, but now I'm awake and sobering up and realizing how bad the skid for this team is.