Author Topic: Kobe's post game interview..... Bizarre again  (Read 7039 times)

Re: Kobe's post game interview..... Bizarre again
« Reply #15 on: June 13, 2008, 07:24:01 AM »

Offline Sweet17

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
Oh come on. Almost all these athletes try to tone it down in public.  You can't fault Kobe for being two faced.. Just watch PP just try to deliver a decent interview then go hooting and hollering after a big win. There is nothing wrong with that.. It's the same for a big loss. Kobe was trying to hold it in..

« Reply #16 on: June 13, 2008, 08:39:43 AM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
On how he will get over the loss, Bryant said: "A lot of wine, a couple beers, a lot of shots, maybe 20 of them. And come back to work [today]."

Well he's telling the truth because after the game one lost the following night Kobe was at this club here in Boston and got drunk.  He got so drunk the dude who he was with had to cut him off from anymore drinks.  So it would not surprise me if he went out last night an had a few shots of Hennessy.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2008, 08:52:05 AM by CT34 »

« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2008, 08:40:31 AM »

Offline connerhenry43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 163
the nba....where wetting your bed happens?
"Maybe now you'll never slime a guy with a positron collider, huh?"

« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2008, 08:44:55 AM »

Offline buckets

• Jordan Walsh
  • Tommy Points: 4
  • si vis pacem, para bellum
As strange as it was, it was still not as bizarre as Garnett's "gearing up for war" post-game interview a few years back.

« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2008, 08:46:50 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
On how he will get over the loss, Bryant said: "A lot of wine, a couple beers, a lot of shots, maybe 20 of them. And come back to work [today]."

Well he's telling the truth because after the game one lost the following night Kobe was at this club here in Boston and got drunk.  He got some drunk the dude who he was with had to cut him off from anymore drinks.  So it would not surprise me if he went out last night an had a few shots of Hennessy.

Isn't that how Celtic Pride starts?

« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2008, 08:54:06 AM »

Offline PaulBonner

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 7
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but how about Kobe's absolute refusal to give Paul Pierce and props for his defense in the second half? When someone asked him about the switch from Ray to Paul defending him, he said there was no difference, and that he was seeing "3 and 4 defenders all night". Sorry Kobe, but that is a load of crap. If anything, in this game Kobe saw more single-coverage in the second half with Paul guarding him than he saw in the entire first 3 games. Sounds like somebody's a little embarassed about getting outplayed.

But of course, it wasn't Pierce's defense that kept Bryant from taking over in the second half. It was the fact that "the Celtics were determined not to let him win the game"... aka, it's because my teammates didn't step up and make enough shots. Nothing to do with Kobe's 17 point performance, got it.

Kobe is such a bad teammate it's unbelievable.

« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2008, 09:25:27 AM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Strange quote. Has he been taking tips from the Zen Master?

« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2008, 09:37:24 AM »

Offline lurky

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 22
Well, the bed-wetting comment does make a lot more sense in the context of a lot of wine, a couple beers and 20 shots...  ;D

« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2008, 09:39:34 AM »

Offline lurky

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 22
And for the record his "wine and shots" comment, in response to the question, "how do you guys bounce back from this type of loss?" is as follows:

(pause, contemplative look) "Whine about it tonight. Lot of w(h)ine, lot of beer... couple shots... maybe like 20 of 'em. Digest it, get back to work tomorrow. Nothin' you can do." (shakes head)

I think he was just riffing off the word "whine". Maybe even a weak attempt at poetic allegory. Who knows...

« Reply #24 on: June 13, 2008, 09:50:40 AM »

Offline Andrew Celtic Nation

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 105
Oh come on. Almost all these athletes try to tone it down in public.  You can't fault Kobe for being two faced.. Just watch PP just try to deliver a decent interview then go hooting and hollering after a big win. There is nothing wrong with that.. It's the same for a big loss. Kobe was trying to hold it in..

Kobe joking around is an act. The guy cares so much about waht people think of him, its dead obvious. So right after Pierce gets a big win he is pumped and excited yet he is able to tone it down and act professional when he gives his postgame press conference. Its called being a pro.

« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2008, 10:08:54 AM »

Offline MrsNumba17

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 17
  • I Love NUMBA 17 !
Yes kobe is super talented but he's a moron.
He lacks maturity!
I don't know how any LA fan can wear his jersey
after all his whining to be traded. He is a poor sport.
He should take lessons from Pierce on how to be a Class Act Superstar athlete. Piece has played his heart out for Boston for a long minute. He hung in there through all the bad times and wore his jersey with pride. He is the epitome of a superstar. He is the epitome of a Celtic.
I love the guy!!!
Go Celtics!!!
"A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals"
~Larry Bird

« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2008, 10:18:11 AM »

Offline Ersatz

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 37

But of course, it wasn't Pierce's defense that kept Bryant from taking over in the second half. It was the fact that "the Celtics were determined not to let him win the game"... aka, it's because my teammates didn't step up and make enough shots. Nothing to do with Kobe's 17 point performance, got it.

This point can't be stressed enough. The media will blame Kobe's teammates, but Kobe does not make his teammates better. Passing off the double team is not the same as setting up your teammates in good positions. Kobe Show mode and Kobe Teammate mode never coexist. Even when he's the facilitator, it's all about him.

« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2008, 10:56:46 AM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
The guy that sparked the comments said his name was "Vic the Brick" from KLAC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vic_Jacobs

He's a sports radio guy, you can imagine how annoying it would be to have to look, face to face, with a guy who you know is going to rip you apart the next day. After losing a game like last night's, some radio guy with a name like "Vic the Brick" is not some one I would want to answer to, when you know he is judging you on all your actions.

« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2008, 11:06:29 AM »

Offline CT34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
Not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but how about Kobe's absolute refusal to give Paul Pierce and props for his defense in the second half? When someone asked him about the switch from Ray to Paul defending him, he said there was no difference, and that he was seeing "3 and 4 defenders all night". Sorry Kobe, but that is a load of crap. If anything, in this game Kobe saw more single-coverage in the second half with Paul guarding him than he saw in the entire first 3 games. Sounds like somebody's a little embarassed about getting outplayed.

Kobe is such a bad teammate it's unbelievable.

I hate to agree with Kobe on anything but he's right.  There wasn't a difference between Paul guarding Kobe over Ray guarding Kobe.  They both did a great job.  I just so happen that in the 2nd half Kobe's teammate didn't make shots.  I thought Ray Allen did a great job of not letting Kobe get into a groove in the first half.  So by the time Paul was on Kobe and Paul have o fouls on him Paul could add a different type of pressure but I thought both guys did a good job. 

I have to say everyone seem to be overlooking how great Ray Allen has been in this series.  I think the Cs would have won game 3 if Doc hand not rested Ray and hand not called his number in the 4th quarter of that game.  Paul Pierce had one good quarter out of the last 8 quarters and now everyone wants to say how great Paul Pierce is.