Author Topic: Celtics (0-2) at Hornets (1-0) 12/28  (Read 77040 times)

Re: Celtics (0-2) at Hornets (1-0) 12/28
« Reply #585 on: December 28, 2011, 11:13:14 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
i'd be at peace with all this if we had only held up in that infamous 4th quarter disaster in 2010.

one less ring for Big4. they will forever be remembered as one hit wonder. yikes

And this is what saddens me the most.

what is there to be sad about? Big3 are overly compensated combined earnings north of $650,000,000million. No tears will shed by anyone of them.

« Reply #586 on: December 28, 2011, 11:30:19 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Danny should trade for Metta World Peace.    

To sum it up .. save for Rondo.....our GREATS are OLD MEN and our Rookies are at bottom of the barrel.

Here ends the sermon for tonight...

« Reply #587 on: December 28, 2011, 11:41:55 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722
i'd be at peace with all this if we had only held up in that infamous 4th quarter disaster in 2010.

Why'd you have to bring that up  :'(

I'm still trying to get over it.
I'm STILL not over that.

Doubtful i'll ever get over that game - i actually never did watch the 4th quarter until September on the DVR. i pulled a jerry west and just watched the live box score that nite - just too nervous.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2011, 11:48:03 PM by tenn_smoothie »
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #588 on: December 28, 2011, 11:55:49 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 722

one less ring for Big4. they will forever be remembered as one hit wonder. yikes

One ring, one very competitive trip to the Finals.  I think this C's group will be remembered the same way the '04 Pistons group is remembered.  Really great for one year and very competitive for a few years after that, then quickly gone due to age.

i was thinking the same thing - both great defensive teams and has to grind it on offense too much. maybe in the end, this team just never did get enough easy baskets - takes a toll when you have to work so hard for everything.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #589 on: December 29, 2011, 12:16:20 AM »

Offline PosImpos

• NCE
  • Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 903
  • Rondo = Good

One ring, one very competitive trip to the Finals.  I think this C's group will be remembered the same way the '04 Pistons group is remembered.  Really great for one year and very competitive for a few years after that, then quickly gone due to age.

i was thinking the same thing - both great defensive teams and has to grind it on offense too much. maybe in the end, this team just never did get enough easy baskets - takes a toll when you have to work so hard for everything.

yep.  this team was never great on offense, just efficient.  but you're right, it makes things tough when you have to work so hard to score.  part of the reason the Spurs were able to effect a renaissance last season is they retooled their team over the course of a couple seasons to score baskets easily.
Never forget the Champs of '08, or the gutsy warriors of '10.

"I know you all wanna win, but you gotta do it TOGETHER!"
- Doc Rivers

« Reply #590 on: December 29, 2011, 04:01:27 AM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Just saw the game... and I'm glad I didn't watch it live because I would have destroyed my screen.

I don't know if there is much to say, really, classic "Celtics back to back", possibly even worse than last year. KG is playing like pure garbage right now, I think he is even worse than post-injury in '09. Plus, he has really NO confidence at all, it's mind-boggling, he looks like a rookie, overpassing, taking shots knowing they won't go in, etc. He was so bad I was actually rooting for Doc to not put him back on the floor...

The 3 on 1 failed fastbreak was quite the highlight of the game, along with Rondo's atrocious defense on Jarret Jack (he looked like CP3, going to the rim at will). The collective defense was terrible too.

Only positives : Ray continuing to shoot lights outs, Bass having an OK game, Stiemsma destroying Kaman on D (it was fun and maybe now Doc will realize if you play the young guys they can actually contribute). And... that's it.

If we don't win the home opener against the Pistons on Friday, then it will be time to worry.

« Reply #591 on: December 29, 2011, 06:06:54 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Those New Orleans announcers are very annoying. So glad the C's have Mike and Tommy.

« Reply #592 on: December 29, 2011, 06:52:00 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Hehe, funny first shot to kick-start JaJuan Johnson's pro career. Jump hook along the baseline hits the side of the backboard. Ouch! That one is gonna stick in his memory for a long time.

Follows it up with a nice one dribble in jumper from about 17 feet from the top of the key. That jumper looks very smooth.

Then gets caught in no-mans land defensively as E.Moore's man glides past him with the simplest of ease off the dribble. Awful defense from Moore.

Nice job of JJJ slipping the pick and diving to the rim. Very quick to the rim (hard for defender to recover to). Makes the catch, draws the foul going up. Hits his free throws.

With his jumper and that quickness, you'd expect JJJ to make a very nice pick and roll/pop player. Great end-to-end quickness too. Made two very nice full court runs. He is going to be able to pickup easy points in transition and hopefully play high level transition D (down the road).

He showed very little defensively on the few defensive sequences he was a part of in 3:30 or whatever it was that he played at the end of that game. Solid activity, wants to play defense, but, looks like he has a lot to learn there.

« Reply #593 on: December 29, 2011, 06:57:32 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
Doc should consider resting Garnett completely, sitting him out, when the schedule gets too congested. Not sure it's wise to play him in every game.

I wonder if KG's body might just continue to break down -- fail to recover from previous outings due to lack of rest, buildup of physical fatigue -- at an alarming pace if used in all of these congested fixtures.

« Reply #594 on: December 29, 2011, 10:29:40 AM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218
Nice to see Stiemsma put up some good defensive numbers. I'm expecting his season (if he remains w/Boston) to be comparable to Semih Erden's season last year - grab some boards, block a few shots, and not much else.

...the big man situation in Boston sure is bleak  :-\

« Reply #595 on: December 29, 2011, 10:30:57 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Nice to see Stiemsma put up some good defensive numbers. I'm expecting his season (if he remains w/Boston) to be comparable to Semih Erden's season last year - grab some boards, block a few shots, and not much else.

...the big man situation in Boston sure is bleak  :-\
Erden was a better rebounder and worse shotblocker. Expect Stiemsma to contribute along the lines of Chris Andersen (a bunch of blocks in short minutes, few rebounds, a couple of garbage baskets here and there).
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #596 on: December 29, 2011, 01:12:44 PM »

Offline Overrated

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 218