Author Topic: Dallas Should Go After Beal  (Read 2993 times)

Dallas Should Go After Beal
« on: November 29, 2018, 02:06:07 PM »

Online DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
Dallas receives: Bradley Beal, Otto Porter, Ian Mahinmi
Why? Because Beal and Porter would thrive next to Doncic's playmaking and ball movement.

New Lineup: Doncic-Beal-Porter-FinneySmith-Jordan with Mahinmi-Kleiber-Barea-Harris-Brunson-Mejeri off the bench.

This team would not be complete, but the Doncic-Beal-Porter core going forward would be really good.

Washington receives: Wes Matthews, Harrison Barnes, Dennis Smith, Dwight Powell, 2 firsts
Why? Because they get out of the luxury tax, get rid of two bad contracts, and get multiple solid players that can help the team continue to compete while they retool. They also get draft picks and Smith.

New Lineup: Wall-Matthews-Barnes-Morris-Howard with Powell-Smith-Oubre-Satoransky off the bench.

Trade Wall and Oubre to the Heat for Dragic and Bam. Go into next season with a youth movement of Smith-Satoransky-Barnes-Bam-Brown.

I realize it's unrealistic, but how fun would it be to watch Beal with Doncic?

Re: Dallas Should Go After Beal
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2018, 04:42:19 PM »

Offline Jvalin

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 737
I like it for the Mavs. Don't like it for the Wiz.

Their prime asset from the trade would be Dennis Smith. Problem is, Wall and Smith play the same position. Unless of course they have a trade lined up for Wall, but even so I bet they can find better offers for Beal.

Honest question: would you guys trade Tatum straight up for Doncic? Not that the Mavs would do it, just saying.

Personally speaking, I would. And I don't even think it would be a difficult decision to make. That's how special I believe Doncic is.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 04:47:31 PM by Jvalin »

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2018, 05:46:38 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

Their prime asset from the trade would be Dennis Smith. Problem is, Wall and Smith play the same position. Unless of course they have a trade lined up for Wall, but even so I bet they can find better offers for Beal.

Honest question: would you guys trade Tatum straight up for Doncic? Not that the Mavs would do it, just saying.

Personally speaking, I would. And I don't even think it would be a difficult decision to make. That's how special I believe Doncic is.

Yes I would. Doncic will eventually be all pro. Don’t think Tatum will.

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2018, 07:43:41 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136

Yes I would. Doncic will eventually be all pro. Don’t think Tatum will.

Why is this all of a sudden becomes about Jason?

Dallas will never trade Doncic..they struck gold with him when they traded for him...heck I don't think theyd give him for Kyrie TBH even if the salaries match.

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 09:59:39 PM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
This Doncic love is getting ridiculous
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2018, 11:39:05 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Yeah we need a mop for all the drool. 

« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2018, 11:58:11 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2018, 12:38:18 AM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164

Trade Wall and Oubre to the Heat for Dragic and Bam. Go into next season with a youth movement of Smith-Satoransky-Barnes-Bam-Brown.

I doubt that Miami trades Bam. He’s only 21, looks like a terrific pickup, and they seem to have doubts about Whiteside.

Would anyone be willing to take on Wall’s contract at this point? How is it that the CBA allows that kind of commitment?

'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2018, 06:22:20 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549

I doubt that Miami trades Bam. He’s only 21, looks like a terrific pickup, and they seem to have doubts about Whiteside.

Would anyone be willing to take on Wall’s contract at this point? How is it that the CBA allows that kind of commitment?
The CBA can only do so much to save owners from their own stupidity.  Of course players love having it as an option.  Supermax exists because it gives teams an option to use to help re-sign their own top players who qualify.  The requirements to qualify are quite stringent so very few qualify.  Just being able to offer a 5th year isn't enough of an incentive.  Being able to offer 35% Max to a player with less than 10 years whose Max is 30% is a big incentive.  No player has turned it down supermax when offered. 

The key word is option.  NOP is almost certainly going to offer AD supermax.  Same goes for the Bucks and Giannis.  Washington was stupid to offer supermax to Wall because he just isn't a good enough player to justify it.  There is not a requirement to offer the full supermax.  They should have at least tried to negotiate it down.  If it was 32.5% Max it wouldn't be quite as bad. 

As a side note, I heard on Dunc'd on podcast that Wall has a trade kicker which may make Wall even more untradeable. 

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2018, 07:46:07 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja
https://www.theringer.com/video/2018/11/27/18114319/halleluka-an-ode-to-luka-doncic

Song that inspired my fantasy team's new name.
Ha h aha... tp for the great video.  Though now I have to go listen to Leonard Cohen do the original.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2018, 09:37:13 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
https://www.theringer.com/video/2018/11/27/18114319/halleluka-an-ode-to-luka-doncic

Song that inspired my fantasy team's new name.
Ha h aha... tp for the great video.  Though now I have to go listen to Leonard Cohen do the original.  ;D

He's colder than a tall glass of Kombuchaaa...

had me in stitches   :D
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2018, 12:02:23 PM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164

The CBA can only do so much to save owners from their own stupidity.  Of course players love having it as an option.  Supermax exists because it gives teams an option to use to help re-sign their own top players who qualify.  The requirements to qualify are quite stringent so very few qualify.  Just being able to offer a 5th year isn't enough of an incentive.  Being able to offer 35% Max to a player with less than 10 years whose Max is 30% is a big incentive.  No player has turned it down supermax when offered. 

The key word is option.  NOP is almost certainly going to offer AD supermax.  Same goes for the Bucks and Giannis.  Washington was stupid to offer supermax to Wall because he just isn't a good enough player to justify it.  There is not a requirement to offer the full supermax.  They should have at least tried to negotiate it down.  If it was 32.5% Max it wouldn't be quite as bad. 

As a side note, I heard on Dunc'd on podcast that Wall has a trade kicker which may make Wall even more untradeable.

15% - that's a chunk of change.
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2018, 12:09:06 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174
Yeah we need a mop for all the drool.

I'm standing in a baby pool so no mop required... ;D