Poll

If you were a GM not a fan would you rather build around Randle and dangelo or Smart and company

Russell Randle
27 (34.6%)
Smart and company
51 (65.4%)

Total Members Voted: 78

Author Topic: Poll: Better to build around Russell and Randle, or Smart and Scrubs  (Read 8231 times)

Re: Poll: Better to build around Russell and Randle, or Smart and Scrubs
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2015, 11:00:20 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Could Boston trade for Randle and Russell if they even wanted to?  I'm not sure we have the assets to do it.

We reportedly were offering a godfather offer built around Smart and several other assets to get Philly's #3 pick.  They didn't take the offer.  Russell was picked #2.

We reportedly were offering Rajon Rondo up in a package for Randle last year even well after Randle got injured... Lakers didn't want it. 

I have my doubts Boston could put together a compelling trade package for Randle + Russell... so that should give you a sense of the value.   Will be interesting to see the Lakers in summer league play.

You missed a very very very tiny detail, when the rumor that Smart was offered to move up to the 3rd pick it was including getting Noel from Philly

Just a little detail that you might've overlooked.

« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2015, 11:25:34 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Just 3 losses and we could have had Myles Turner. I'd like our chances better with him.

« Reply #77 on: July 30, 2015, 07:53:23 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
Smart guy.