Author Topic: 2024 NBA Season and Playoffs  (Read 545021 times)

Neurotic Guy, sahara, scaryjerry and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Re: NBA Season 2023-24
« Reply #120 on: October 18, 2023, 08:59:52 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 767
Devil Vassell looks like Mikal Bridges. Good player and that contract is looking worth it.

« Reply #121 on: October 18, 2023, 09:48:03 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1468
Harden has skipped practice and is currently hanging out in the Houston area. This really is not going to end well.

As much as I hate the Sixers and love to clown on them, this guy is a massive loser

Also I love how he's now directly blaming ownership for the fact that they didn't want to keep him for life in Philly, even though he legit requested the trade and still hopes for one. And btw pal, it's a business. You haven't done squat for Philly either so why do they owe you anything.

It still bugs me we somehow let this guy put up 40+ on us twice in the series last spring, but Game 7 was a fitting ending overall with Harden clearly quitting and not trying either

Harden is the most unlikable player in the NBA.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #122 on: October 18, 2023, 10:24:39 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25611
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Harden has skipped practice and is currently hanging out in the Houston area. This really is not going to end well.

As much as I hate the Sixers and love to clown on them, this guy is a massive loser

Also I love how he's now directly blaming ownership for the fact that they didn't want to keep him for life in Philly, even though he legit requested the trade and still hopes for one. And btw pal, it's a business. You haven't done squat for Philly either so why do they owe you anything.

It still bugs me we somehow let this guy put up 40+ on us twice in the series last spring, but Game 7 was a fitting ending overall with Harden clearly quitting and not trying either

Harden is the most unlikable player in the NBA.

Hmm.  I have him firmly behind Kyrie. 

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2023, 12:59:45 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 629
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Walsh over Trace Jackson Davis (Warriors) looks bad tonight. Albeit after seeing him play just the once lol.

He is making play after play tonight for the Warriors, and he is a big that would allow us to bring either Horford or White off the bench equally effectively if he can consistently play like this.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #124 on: October 19, 2023, 03:06:40 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Walsh over Trace Jackson Davis (Warriors) looks bad tonight. Albeit after seeing him play just the once lol.

He is making play after play tonight for the Warriors, and he is a big that would allow us to bring either Horford or White off the bench equally effectively if he can consistently play like this.

We didn't even have to choose:  we could have had both.  Instead we dealt #39 for a future Atlanta #2.

It's hard to be too down on Brad's choice.  He fell to #57, so other teams weren't super-impressed either.  But, I thought he had potential here.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #125 on: October 19, 2023, 03:58:29 AM »

Offline ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1400
Jazz release Romeo Langsford

Been there and done that...not interested.

They saw what Brad saw. I'd be surprised if he didn't find a home somewhere though, it's not like he's terrible. Just can't shoot  :police:
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #126 on: October 19, 2023, 08:27:27 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 489

They saw what Brad saw. I'd be surprised if he didn't find a home somewhere though, it's not like he's terrible. Just can't shoot  :police:
I believe we are rapidly approaching the point where anyone under say 6'8 that can't shoot won't be successful in the league. They need to be so outstandingly excellent in the other aspects of the game, just to justify playing time.
#JKJB

« Reply #127 on: October 19, 2023, 10:15:55 AM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith

I believe we are rapidly approaching the point where anyone under say 6'8 that can't shoot won't be successful in the league. They need to be so outstandingly excellent in the other aspects of the game, just to justify playing time.

Ignoring the height requirement, it's kind of wild that we brought in Banton, Stevens and Brissett in one off-season.   

« Reply #128 on: October 19, 2023, 10:28:54 AM »

Offline Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 991

Ignoring the height requirement, it's kind of wild that we brought in Banton, Stevens and Brissett in one off-season.   

Well, Brissett’s a career 54% 3-point shooter against Boston, so maybe they were looking at the wrong column on the stat sheet with him.

« Reply #129 on: October 19, 2023, 11:38:49 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 481

Well, Brissett’s a career 54% 3-point shooter against Boston, so maybe they were looking at the wrong column on the stat sheet with him.

I think with our top 8 we have so much shooting the team overcompensated for defense and toughness.  The problem is these three players are a black hole on offense.  Fortunately they will be tradeable to cover salary matching to bring in a player with our 2nd round picks.  I just don't see any of the 3 being big contributors to this team like ever. 

« Reply #130 on: October 19, 2023, 11:42:36 AM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 428
Bulls signs Derrick Favors to training camp..they got Big V & Drummond so doubt he will make it but who knows..can’t believe he’s only 32, thought he was lot older
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #131 on: October 19, 2023, 12:11:42 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1468
Any interest?

Shams Charania: The San Antonio Spurs are waiving center Khem Birch, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Birch has averaged 5 points and 4.4 rebounds over six NBA seasons. – via Twitter ShamsCharania
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2023, 12:41:45 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 767
Any interest?

Shams Charania: The San Antonio Spurs are waiving center Khem Birch, sources tell @TheAthletic @Stadium. Birch has averaged 5 points and 4.4 rebounds over six NBA seasons. – via Twitter ShamsCharania

I haven't seen him lately. He was a effective a few years ago, but those small, athletic centers can drop off quickly if their explosiveness wanes.

Anyone seen him lately?

« Reply #133 on: October 19, 2023, 12:45:55 PM »

Offline Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 428
Any interest?

He had moments at Toronto but be a pass for me
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #134 on: October 19, 2023, 03:14:25 PM »

Offline Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
Darius Bazely, Isaiah Roby waived.