Author Topic: First Round Game 6 Boston Celtics at Atlanta Hawks 5/2/08 8:00 PM (ESPN, CSN)  (Read 89111 times)

Offline Tenacious D

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 232
Disappointing 2nd. Thosw 2 fouls on Rondo hurt, what with Sam going 2/7 and playing so-so D, and general lapses on D.  Really need to crank it up in the 3rd.
"Celtics Bring Structure And Discipline To A Chaotic World"

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 429
Sorry, but this team is just not playoff ready.  Once again, they let the inferior Hawks back in the game.  No ball movement on offense, not moving the feet on defense.  They may win, but that was not a good first half performance.  Other teams are looking at this and either scratching their heads or licking their chops and hoping they get a shot at the Celtics.  Nothing from Ray or KG in the first and Rondo had a miserable second quarter.  I can't blame Doc for this other than the miserable lineup he started the second quarter with.  Maybe Doc just has bad Karma and cannot win a playoff series -- who knows?   :D

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Kinda nice to actually get a well reffed game.

:o??????? :o
Are you trying to say that the Celtics are once again getting hosed by the refs again, because I just don't see it.

The Celtics have been called for at least 4 phantom fouls. Zza Zaa planted his arm on his defender's chest to grab that offensive rebound in the last minute. Want me to go on?

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
Refereeing has had NOTHING to do with this game tonight.  Poor offense and defense by the Celtics is why they are only up by one.  They made Marvin Williams all league in the first half.  Meanwhile, Cleveland is demolishing the Wizards in Washington.  The poor performance of this team on the road so far in this series is just inexplicable.  They look like the young, inexperienced team.

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
Sorry, but this team is just not playoff ready.  Once again, they let the inferior Hawks back in the game.  No ball movement on offense, not moving the feet on defense.  They may win, but that was not a good first half performance.  Other teams are looking at this and either scratching their heads or licking their chops and hoping they get a shot at the Celtics.  Nothing from Ray or KG in the first and Rondo had a miserable second quarter.  I can't blame Doc for this other than the miserable lineup he started the second quarter with.  Maybe Doc just has bad Karma and cannot win a playoff series -- who knows?   :D

Lets see what happens in the 2nd half 1st.

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson

Lets see what happens in the 2nd half 1st.

Sure Nora, but this series should have NEVER gone to 6 games.  I hope no one tries to tell me that this was a good first half performance by the C's.  They won 29 more games than Atlanta this year.  This poor play is just unreal.

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Too many open J's for Atlanta.

Loved what I saw in the first quarter.  I thought it was an excellent omen when KG picked up the charge.

Hated to see the crowd get back in it, but one good half and this and we can put these pups to bed.

GO CELTS
Yup

Offline celtpinoy

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 8
  • BEAT LA
don't you wonder what DOC is saying to the team right now?

::)

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
i'm with you, vinnie...this is disappointing that we're not killing this team.

i'm not a basketball coach, but from my living room chair i can see that the way to beat this team is to back off and make them shoot the ball.  for some dumb reason we're playing tight on them and letting them blow by us - but they can't shoot.  johnson is the only outside threat this team has, and possibly bibby (though he's not quite right).

i'll withhold my judgment until the game is over, but watching this team play is aggravating.  if this is what a 66 win team looks like against an inferior hawks team, i'm not sure what the rest of the playoffs have in store.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
The C's have to come out and dominate early, they really need to establish themselves as the better team, and put Atlanta to bed. They need to tame the Hawks.

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
don't you wonder what DOC is saying to the team right now?

::)

I don't think we really want to know.  Hopefully nothiing and then they come out and blow the Hawks out of the building.

Offline KeepDWest

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 24
sorry but if you have tivo and have watched the game there have been a few calls that have been off the  wall ridiculous. . . double t on sam . . . rondo moving screen . . total phantom foul on posey . . . this has been the worst reffed game i have seen in the series . . but i guess im drunk and biased . . . . but wait - i have tivo - it does not lie
"and when I let them carry me to the cemetary i wanna be buried with a pocketful of clarity" - slug

Offline vinnie

• Don Nelson
sorry but if you have tivo and have watched the game there have been a few calls that have been off the  wall ridiculous. . . double t on sam . . . rondo moving screen . . total phantom foul on posey . . . this has been the worst reffed game i have seen in the series . . but i guess im drunk and biased . . . . but wait - i have tivo - it does not lie

You must be drunk.  I think the Hawks have taken 4 more free throws than the C's.  Sometimes the bias toward the Celts makes it appear that it is a poorly reffed game I guess.

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.
yeah, but pierce should have been called for a charge and wasn't.

bottom line: nba refs suck.  all one can hope for is that it sucks equally both ways.
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

Offline mbrockma

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 3
The Hawks have made 20 more free throws than the Celtics have attempted so far in the series:

Hawks - 140/175 = 80%, averaging 31 fta per game! (season avg 21/27.2 77.2%)
Celtics - 91/120 = 75.8%, averaging 21 fta per game (season avg 20.5/26.5 77.1%)

Tommy should officiate, even that would not be as lopsided.