Author Topic: Requesting Ticket Purchase Advice  (Read 1478 times)

Requesting Ticket Purchase Advice
« on: November 19, 2019, 02:09:35 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
I'm planning to spend the last week of January in Florida, and wanted to purchase a couple of really good seats for the Orlando game (Jan 24) and the Miami game (Jan 28). 

I went online to buy, and while there were plenty of tickets available at reasonable prices, most were for less desirable seats; either in upper deck, or at the end of the court.

I remember reading someone else's advice here that the best deals for Celtic tickets, at least at TD Garden, is a day or two before the game, when the ask price drops.  I would imagine this same phenomenon occurs in every venue.  Was wondering if the really good seats (lower level, closer to mid court) generally drop in price as well, or do those prices tend to stay rather inelastic.  I don't want to shell out $250 to $300 per, but would pay +- $100 per if it is a really good seat.

Any advice on how I should go about this is greatly appreciated.

Re: Requesting Ticket Purchase Advice
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2019, 07:20:46 PM »

Online BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Over the years, I have had my best luck less than 3 days before the game. But, start keeping an eye on all the ticket sites, ebay and even craigslist(got game six world series clincher tickets for 450 each night before game). If you find deal on Craigslist, get their professional and or social profile to verify they are legit person.

I have gotten second row in Denver for Celtics a few days before under face value as well. But the Denver team stunk that year. There was a time I got great deal a month before as well.

Are you seeking one ticket only? I always searched for two. Tickets do drop in price usually as it gets closer unless someone needs cash asap.

Also, if you know people in the Florida area, start reaching out to them as you never know. Anyone in TV and or media as well as companies get tickets.

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2019, 08:02:27 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
sit on first three rows

« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2019, 01:36:08 PM »

Online BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
So, forgot Nuggets Celtics in my home town and watching tickets. I have seen Courtside drop from 900 down to 400 right now. I am watching by the hour to see how low some of the tickets go. Some BB row tickets behind teams are under 200 each now as well. Defiitely wait til last minute.

« Last Edit: November 22, 2019, 06:22:39 PM by BringToughnessBack »

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2019, 07:55:41 AM »

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
My experience at the Amway is that prices drop some, but not much as the game approaches because there are so many of us transplants in the area who scoop up the good tickets early. We'll pay a little more when it's only two games a year. Typically, about a third of the arena is wearing green.

IMO, the Amway sucks as a venue. The balcony seats are more affordable, but even the lower rows are very high and far from the action.Even though my former Gahden tickets were row 3 balcony and I was very happy with them, I prefer the lower bowl at Amway. I usually get best value - a combination of good seats at a reasonable price, in the corners. It's counter-intuitive, but I find higher up in sections 111, 109, 102, 118 are actually better than lower. When you get too low on the ends it can be tough to see over and around the backboards and other assorted sideline crap, although pre-season I was down low in 110 and close enough to see Abby at the press table.  Higher up gives you a good angle to see the play develop.

Another consideration at Amway is that access to all lower bowl seats is from the top, and it is a LONG way down to the lower rows. If you have any walking issues or issues with stairs it's pretty tough.

I got lucky this year and got my tickets through a special at the local Costco. Club level seating just right of center court at $50 per. It looks like similar distance to the court as balcony seats at the Gahden.
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.