Author Topic: Pierce's reps tell teams he wants 2 yr /$9-10 MIL contract  (Read 5244 times)

Re: Pierce's reps tell teams he wants 2 yr /$9-10 MIL contract
« Reply #30 on: July 07, 2014, 10:44:50 PM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 12
to bring back the chemistry and develop bogs and some rookies learning from pierce he should go back,

besides its not our money its russian money, go back pierce, if the big 3 heat disband
ECF champions brooklyn nets

« Reply #31 on: July 07, 2014, 10:48:43 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
he should be happy with half of that

That's sort of how I feel, but I also think he deserves a Kobe-sized contract from us.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #32 on: July 07, 2014, 10:54:15 PM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown

That's sort of how I feel, but I also think he deserves a Kobe-sized contract from us.

udoh, perkins, frye, don't deserve those money they got, if we got a rookie SF on our team, i'll pay pierce that money, don't tell me avery is better than pierce, pierce deserved to get payed 9 to 10 million , never-mind some lack of defense, but if he can get me 7 to 9 rebounds and 15+ points i'd be happy for the money i payed pierce

« Reply #33 on: July 07, 2014, 11:02:05 PM »

Offline Rakulp

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 78

Now, that I can't agree with at all.

The Celtics treated Paul Pierce right, even to the end sending him and KG to a team that had a chance at contending instead of wasting his last productive year(s) in another rebuild.

They will continue to treat him well, raising that number to the ceiling as soon as he hangs it up.  The Celtics may never see another like Paul Pierce again.

But to think that the Celtics owe it to him to sign a ridiculously high contract is unreasonable.  When we're counting our dollars and cents looking carefully at trying to land a superstar in their prime, it's foolish to pour that much money into a contract for him at this point in his career.

The person I would feel most sorry for at this point is KG if Paul did go elsewhere.  I'd much rather see both of them return to the Celtics for one more year, at reasonable salaries, and be that veteran presense off the bench that this young team would need.  That would be my ultimate win/win situation.

Rak
« Last Edit: July 08, 2014, 01:16:51 AM by Rakulp »

« Reply #34 on: July 07, 2014, 11:12:53 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2704
Pierce probably saw the contract Bradley got and figured "I'm still worth at least as much as Bradley, if not a bit more".

« Reply #35 on: July 07, 2014, 11:13:41 PM »

Offline Beat LA

• NCE
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 896
  • Mr. Emoji
Paul has to stay with KG.  It would be heartbreaking to see them part ways, for me anyway, haha. 

« Reply #36 on: July 07, 2014, 11:15:31 PM »

Offline MISSERY

• Jaylen Brown
Paul has to stay with KG.  It would be heartbreaking to see them part ways, for me anyway, haha.

clippers cannot offer money, nets don't want dudley, russians got money, pierce come back, his agents are negotiating with that contract
even granger and mcroberts at the heat, nets bench are still better

« Reply #37 on: July 08, 2014, 12:07:42 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Have the Lakers shown any interest in Pierce?  The Knicks?

The Lakers would be one of the few teams that might offer that, especially if they whiff on Melo.

Which would be just...just terrible.  Fingers crossed against it.