Author Topic: Any chance a Rozier trade package can get us Mohamed Bamba?  (Read 11435 times)

Re: Any chance a Rozier trade package can get us Mohamed Bamba?
« Reply #45 on: May 11, 2018, 06:52:05 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 549
On one of the ringer NBA show podcast Kevin O Connor speculate that Rozier might be worth around what George Hill or Jeff Teague were when they were traded in a 3 team deal involving the 12th pick. So id day Rozier alone is probably worth around 10-12. Package him with 27 and you can get a little higher. Just for tax purposes he make a little less than what the 9 pick will, so Rozier and 27 maybe gets you to like 7-9 and is mostly money nuetral. Thats about where we could get. If someone like Carter falls there I would bite.

Seeing how critical Al was to these playoffs I feel it would be prudent to start looking for a guy who could take his place long term.

« Reply #46 on: May 11, 2018, 07:08:26 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
right,

how about a happy meal

« Reply #47 on: May 11, 2018, 07:21:15 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Why do we need to trade Rozier? The Celtics will have the 2 pick in this draft thanks to Lakers😁

« Reply #48 on: May 11, 2018, 07:23:53 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975
Bottom line, I'd really like to grab one of this draft's bigs and would be willing to sacrifice Rozier and the Sac pick to do so.

That's where I'm at too. Obviously losing Rozier and the pick hurts, but you have to give up something to get something. However, if we're also giving the Kings pick then I think Jaren Jackson, who is a much safer pick, should be the target if possible.

« Reply #49 on: May 11, 2018, 08:19:16 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
just say no to Noel.

Yes to Wendell Carter or Bamba...

No to giving up Sac pick in the deal.

« Reply #50 on: May 11, 2018, 08:50:48 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
just say no to Noel.

Would you include the Sac pick for Jackson, Bagley, or Ayton?

Personally, I don't think the Sac pick and Rozier would be enough for any of those three.

« Reply #51 on: May 11, 2018, 09:07:36 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
just say no to Noel.

Personally, I don't think the Sac pick and Rozier would be enough for any of those three.

Yeah unless Jaylen or Tatum is in the deal, there's NO WAY we can trade for a Top-4 pick in this draft I believe. I still think Rozier + an asset or two *could* get us into the 5-9 range, although it honestly depends on how teams like Orlando, New York, etc. feel about Rozier. I don't think it's wise to give up Rozier + Kings Pick though for a pick in that range. If Rozier + Kings Pick could get us Top-3, then yes, BUT no team is taking that (as you mention).
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #52 on: May 11, 2018, 11:19:39 PM »

Offline jambr380

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 1756
  • Everybody knows what's best for you
just say no to Noel.

I just don't know why we would give up the SAC pick AND Rozier for like the 7th or 8th pick when the SAC pick alone is slated to be in the top 5 next year. We shouldn't be throwing that pick around like it's nothing when we have the MEM pick (also a good asset), the LAC pick, and all of our own picks for trade fodder.

I also think we need to make sure that we receive either a draft pick or a player who was drafted in 2017 if we are trading Rozier. One extra year for a player like Chriss doesn't cut it - Rozier more than makes up the difference there. Since it is so hard to get teams to part with high draft picks, it is why I brought up a player like Isaac from Orlando who could be 'gettable' and likely won't cost what the #6 in this draft would.

« Reply #53 on: May 12, 2018, 12:10:33 AM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
just say no to Noel.

I just don't know why we would give up the SAC pick AND Rozier for like the 7th or 8th pick when the SAC pick alone is slated to be in the top 5 next year. We shouldn't be throwing that pick around like it's nothing when we have the MEM pick (also a good asset), the LAC pick, and all of our own picks for trade fodder.

I also think we need to make sure that we receive either a draft pick or a player who was drafted in 2017 if we are trading Rozier. One extra year for a player like Chriss doesn't cut it - Rozier more than makes up the difference there. Since it is so hard to get teams to part with high draft picks, it is why I brought up a player like Isaac from Orlando who could be 'gettable' and likely won't cost what the #6 in this draft would.

Is the Sac pick really slated to be in the top 5 next year?  They're picking 7th this season.   Two more wins and they could have been picking 9th.  Plus, they have no reason to tank next year.  I do think there's a good chance they could be in the top 5 next year, but that's no guarantee and if someone trades for it, they take on all the risk.  It is top 1 protected and could end up being two second round picks.

I like the idea of such a trade because we could use a young big and there doesn't seem to be much in that department next draft.  Maybe it's an overpay, but we have more future picks than we need and consolidating to get the right player might be worth it.  And I don't think Rozier and the Clippers or Memphis pick would be enough to move up to around the 7th or 8th pick.  I hope I'm wrong.

« Reply #54 on: May 12, 2018, 12:12:25 AM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Doing a 1 year with Nerlens sounds fantastic. Love it.

« Reply #55 on: May 12, 2018, 01:05:58 AM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
just say no to Noel.

I don't know. My inclination is no. But no idea what Danny thinks of those bigs...he may even like Doncic ahead of all of them.....and if he likes Doncic that much then yes, it's worth the trade.

All depends on Danny's view of the guys 2-4 at top of next year's draft verses this year's.  Not really any bigs (yet) but if Nassir Little is going to be the next K. Leonard then that's worth keeping.  Also like the look of Sekou Doumbaya (spelling?), assuming RJ Barrett is #1 and unattainable.

Another star wing would allow the eventual trade (2 years from now?) of a current wing, probably either Hawyard or Brown if needing to save money for other guys, manage the cap, etc.

« Reply #56 on: May 12, 2018, 06:24:36 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Doing a 1 year with Nerlens sounds fantastic. Love it.

He can't shoot which means he would never play. 

Let me explain the system for you.  We have a lot of guys who can defend multiple positions, both Noel and Bamba could theoretically do that.   But where they would fall up short is shooting and spreading the floor and they would stagnate the offense.   We just beat two teams in a row of mobile seven footers who can block shots but not shoot outside.   We were undermanned without our two best players.  Think about that.

I think you're really missing the point. You seem to be viewing this as Bamba vs Rozier without taking into consideration contractual obligations. That said, it's pretty bizarre that you don't think Ainge would trade Rozier for a likely top 7 pick, which will be cost controlled for several seasons.

And I think that you do not understand that we are going into a title run mode, win now.   I get Bamba is a nice thing for the long run.   But he is poor fit for our system at present.   Rozier is proven and in the playoffs to boot.  If Ainge trades him we need a back up PG of whom he is the best in the NBA as of now.

« Reply #57 on: May 12, 2018, 07:45:48 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
You keep Rozier unless some crazy trade offer falls into your lap. Having depth is never a bad thing, especially with the uncertain status of Irving's knee.

C's could do some damage next year and be legit title contenders if this squad is healthy.

« Reply #58 on: May 12, 2018, 12:33:46 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I think it first really depends on what happens with Smart.

If he does get vastly overpaid elsewhere and leaves... maybe DA works on keeping Rozier long term instead (even if it's for a lot, since we have his Bird Rights).

I just don't think Ainge is losing BOTH Rozier and Smart. That actually creates a hole in the guard position behind Kyrie (injury risk) and Jaylen. He's keeping one for sure (maybe two depending on Wyc and co.)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #59 on: May 12, 2018, 12:53:03 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
If I can get 5 or 6 I wouldn't be drafting Bama. I'd take Porter

Irving, Brown, Tatum, Porter, Horford