Author Topic: Felger on Powe(very interseting)  (Read 2652 times)

Felger on Powe(very interseting)
« on: July 02, 2009, 01:19:42 PM »

Offline dannypanic

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 8
Last night on CSNNE Felger mentioned how Leon played on a torn ACL for several minutes during that Chicago series

Now, praise for the C's from Felger is rare, but definitely warranted in this situation

Leon ultimately chose to risk his career by playing in the postseason, and all he get's in return is a kick-out the door...ouch!

Leon desrves better, after risking his career for his team/teammates, which is more that another PF on this team was willing to do

Re: Felger on Powe(very interseting)
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 01:22:15 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
lol.

I disagree.

Boston is trying to win a title.  We can't waste a roster spot on a guy who can't play.  He'll either get signed by a team who is desperate for their roster spot to be filled by someone who can't play basketball at the moment... or we'll sign him when he's healthy.

No big deal.

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2009, 01:24:31 PM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
lol.

I disagree.

Boston is trying to win a title.  We can't waste a roster spot on a guy who can't play.  He'll either get signed by a team who is desperate for their roster spot to be filled by someone who can't play basketball at the moment... or we'll sign him when he's healthy.

No big deal.
What he said x 2.

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2009, 01:27:48 PM »

Offline dannypanic

• Oshae Brissett
lol.

I disagree.

I want to win also, but would it really hurt to keep him around.  I mean we have roster spots for Pruitt, walker and giddens?  Ummm...ill take Leon over all 3

No big deal.

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2009, 01:28:55 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167
Last night on CSNNE Felger mentioned how Leon played on a torn ACL for several minutes during that Chicago series

Now, praise for the C's from Felger is rare, but definitely warranted in this situation

Leon ultimately chose to risk his career by playing in the postseason, and all he get's in return is a kick-out the door...ouch!

Leon desrves better, after risking his career for his team/teammates, which is more that another PF on this team was willing to do

I understand alot of us (including myself) are disappointed that Leon was not tendered a qualifying offer. But to tear down "another  PF on this team" at the cost of building up Leon is unncessary and really hurts your overall point.

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2009, 01:30:20 PM »

Offline Timdawgg

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 623
Quote from: LarBrd33 on Today at 01:22:15 pm
lol.

I disagree.

No big deal.

What he said x 3
A winner is someone who recognizes his God-given talents, works his tail off to develop them into skills, and uses these skills to accomplish his goals.

Push yourself again and again. Don't give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.

Larry Bird

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2009, 01:31:54 PM »

Offline dannypanic

• Oshae Brissett

I understand alot of us (including myself) are disappointed that Leon was not tendered a qualifying offer. But to tear down "another  PF on this team" at the cost of building up Leon is unncessary and really hurts your overall point.

I'd like to take credit, but this was actually Felger's point.  And as much as I love KG, it's OK to say something like this

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 01:34:52 PM »

Offline screwedupmaniac

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 205
you (and felger) better hope KG doesn't read celticsblog...i can see this in my mind right now: you waking up in the middle of the night to KG staring down at you angrily, calling you a ****** ******, and proceeding to scream jumbotron style before headbutting you repeatedly  ;) haha

i disagree with felger strongly. the goal is to win a championship, not hand out free money for people going through rehab. heck, i wrecked my ankle playing softball this summer, maybe the celtics have a roster spot for me? i feel for leon, i love the kid, and i hope he can come back and play here again come february. however, those knees are bad news, and this is a business, not a charity.

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2009, 01:38:02 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157

I'd like to take credit, but this was actually Felger's point.  And as much as I love KG, it's OK to say something like this

well, mike felger can go die in a fire.

felger has made his career out of being the anti-boston sports guy in a Boston town, we all get that, but his constant contrarian arguments (which change immediately once public opinion swings the other way, see Ortiz, david) but i find him one of the least knowledgeable sports writers overall.

He knows alot of football, but he really doesn't know squat about the other three sports, the celtics in particular.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2009, 01:40:00 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
We all obviously want Leon back.

I'm certain we'll bring him back somehow as I refuse to believe Danny will simply let him go.

I'd rather have Leon sitting out till Feb over having Pruitt ride the pine behind Rondo and Lester.
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2009, 01:40:31 PM »

Offline GroverTheClover

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 167

well, mike felger can go
By grovertheclover at 2009-07-01

*fixed

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2009, 01:44:55 PM »

Offline xmuscularghandix

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 280
lol.

I disagree.

No big deal.

amen.

« Reply #12 on: July 02, 2009, 01:45:17 PM »

Offline dannypanic

• Oshae Brissett
We all obviously want Leon back.

I'm certain we'll bring him back somehow as I refuse to believe Danny will simply let him go.

I'd rather have Leon sitting out till Feb over having Pruitt ride the pine behind Rondo and Lester.

Amen

If we have a spot for Gabe, J.R. or Billy, then does it really hurt to keep Leon?  I would argue those 3 will contribute less than Leon will from his couch

Leon proved he can play, those 3 haven't

« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2009, 01:47:44 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385

But did Powe know he had torn his ACL?  I was under the assumption that he played on it for a few minutes because he didn't know he tore it?  If that's the case, I'd say most players would've done the same thing. 

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2009, 01:49:29 PM »

Offline dannypanic

• Oshae Brissett

But did Powe know he had torn his ACL?  I was under the assumption that he played on it for a few minutes because he didn't know he tore it?  If that's the case, I'd say most players would've done the same thing. 

Tanguay said last night that he head a "pop" and refused to remove himself from the game

Not something most athletes would put themselves through