Poll

Which would you prefer to see on the C's

Artest
Wallace

Author Topic: Artest or Sheed (poll)  (Read 3559 times)

Re: Artest or Sheed?
« Reply #15 on: July 02, 2009, 12:57:42 PM »

Offline prov1ml34

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 68
hopefully houston is open to a SnT scenario to save money.  With Yao down they have very little chance of being contenders.

That said we don't have the goods to Sign N Trade with Houston...unless Rondo is involved.

I don't know how a sign and trade would save Houston money.  My guess is they would prefer to just let Artest walk, and pocket the money until next season, unless they get an offer they can't refuse (which the C's won't make).

Ya, after I thought about it that is probably true, they would rather have the cap flexibility than scal and ta for a year
DKC Dallas Mavericks                         
PG: Darren Collison
SG: OJ Mayo
SF: Jae Crowder
PF: Dirk Nowitzki/Jackie Carmichael
C: Brandan Wright/Rudy Gobert
Coach - Rick Carlisle

« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2009, 12:59:49 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
You should add a poll. I think Artest should be the target.

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2009, 01:01:07 PM »

Offline RayRay4MVP

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Ill be back in a week. Add me on facebook
You should add a poll. I think Artest should be the target.
I would like to see a poll also.

Courtesy of Reggies Ghost. Thank you!

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2009, 01:07:17 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
based on current talent levels, Artest.  Based on team needs, Sheed.  Team needs always win out over talent.

I can't see Houston taking our expirings deals for Artest but I wonder if a deal for BBD S&T could be worked out.  He might be a draw for fans having played at LSU and he's definitely got talent that can contribute to a winner. 

If that deal is possible, Sheed and Artest would be a fantastic offseason for Danny.  just to get greedy for as much quality depth as possible (hey, I can dream!) have Danny swing TA, Veal, Pruitt and House for Nocioni -- even if it's at the trading deadline.

A bench of Artest (swing between 2/3), Nocioni (swing between 3/4), Sheed (swing between 4/5) and Marbury (1) and that's a title contender for 3 years, maybe longer if Walker and Giddens develop into something.

Artest or Sheed (poll)
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2009, 01:19:06 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
per request poll added
Yup

Re: Artest or Sheed (poll)
« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2009, 01:34:48 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
I'd rather have Sheed between the two, but I feel as though Artest wants back into the Eastern Conference. I think he's crazy enough to join the C's for the LLE as he's got to be hungry for a title after getting his playoff appetite wet in Houston.

Sheed for the MLE
Artest for the LLE

(in my dreams of course)
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #21 on: July 02, 2009, 02:14:55 PM »

Offline StealthB

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 4
If Cleveland lands Artest for Varejao I am going to get sick.  They gave away Ben Wallace who was a great player at one point but seems to be done, and Pavlovic for Shaq.  2 players who offered nothing to the Cavs last year and they still won 66 games and basically were undefeated at home.  Now, there is a possibility Houston will trade Varejao for Artest!  A bunch of scrubs for 2 super stars!  Yes, Shaq is old, but I am positive he'll play limited minutes all season and is there for the playoffs since they still have Z.  Then what they sign Sheed for the full MLE.  Houston is talking about getting Gortat as a starting C.  Wow!  Then add Varejao.  They'll end up scoring 50 points a game total.  I feel for them losing Yao, but cmon. 

« Reply #22 on: July 02, 2009, 02:15:29 PM »

Offline RayRay4MVP

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Ill be back in a week. Add me on facebook
I'm surprised Artest is leading.

Courtesy of Reggies Ghost. Thank you!