Author Topic: Marc Stein: "Celtics are the leaders to get Sheed"  (Read 4057 times)

Re: Marc Stein: "Celtics are the leaders to get Sheed"
« Reply #15 on: July 01, 2009, 06:06:53 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
i'd love to see robert swift be something after all the jokes. i may sound like an idiot but before geeting injured a couple years back he had a nice start.
That's true.  He showed some promise on the Sonics.  He's been in the league since 2004 and has just played in like 96 games (limited minutes)... that's like one season in the NBA.

« Reply #16 on: July 01, 2009, 07:47:21 PM »

Offline vjcsmoke

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Yuck no thanks to Swift.  As Barkley would say, "He's turrible!"
Sheed and Big Baby should be more than good.  I'd like to swing a trade for Camby to really beef up the D but I doubt it'll happen.

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2009, 01:34:04 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Hopefully Swift has figured out his optimal playing weight. If he is healthy in the summer league and looks good, He would be an interesting big man project.

I expect that if Hudson gets signed, the contract won't be guaranteed for the entire season. Can the drafting team do that for second round picks? Or would they have to waive him first?

« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2009, 07:51:08 AM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336
I agree. I think Swift will fill the POB role this season.

You mean being a general waste of flesh?

Having had the misfortune of seeing Swift on the court - I'm not going to say "in action" - the above statement is entirely correct.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2009, 07:55:16 AM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
If Robert Swift were only have as good as his name is ironic, then he'd be one heckuva pickup.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #20 on: July 02, 2009, 08:39:55 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
If Robert Swift were only have as good as his name is ironic, then he'd be one heckuva pickup.

This suggests that he is some slow, unathletic stiff. That is not my observation. While not "swift", he had good foot work, and is a very good shot blocker, defender and rebounder, that is before his knee injuries.  Effort has never been an issue with this kid.  I hope he turns things around with us. If healthy, he could become a very good back up at the 5 for us.  He is also really long, at 7', and has developed alot of strength.