Author Topic: C.Webber on NBA.tv (last night)  (Read 3223 times)

C.Webber on NBA.tv (last night)
« on: November 26, 2008, 11:57:23 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
As most know by now C.Webb and GP are sitting in with A.Rashad who is the host for fan night on NBA.tv tuesday nights.If the C's are off on that night,i usually watch it.It started out pretty entertaining at first but as time has passed,GP and C.Webb are making some wild and crazy predictions,giving their analysis of players as they bring their names up.

Last night C.Webb made this prediction and GP backed him up:Quote C.Webb "I know the next thing im going to say is going to make you guys think im crazy,but i feel the Hawks will beat the Celtics in the playoffs next spring.The Celtics barely got by them with a Paul Pierce last second shot already this season.The Celtics are not that good."...the second after C.Webb made the statements,GP was slapping him five,yelling me to,me to, said i dont think you are crazy,i feel the same way C...
Armard  just sat silent for a few seconds.From day one the show avoids giving many highlights of the Celtics but its nothing new or do i expect any better.TNT and NBA.tv are owned by the same people.I never heard A.Rashad ever say a bad word or give any negativity towards the Celtics.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 12:49:23 PM by housecall »

Re: C.Webber on NBA.tv (last night)
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 12:45:00 PM »

Offline NoraG1

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 108
As most know by now C.Webb and GP are sitting in with A.Rashad who is the host for fan night on NBA.tv tuesday nights.If the C's are off on that night,i usually watch it.It started out pretty entertaining at first but as time has passed,GP and C.Webb are making some wild and crazy predictions,giving their analysis of players as they bring their names up.

Last night C.Webb made this prediction and the GP backed him up:Quote C.Webb "I know the next thing im going to say is going to make you guys think im crazy,but i feel the Hawks will beat the Celtics in the playoffs next spring.The Celtics barely got by them with a Paul Pierce last second shot already this season.The Celtics are not that good."...the second after C.Webb made the statements,GP was slapping him five,yelling me to,me to, said i dont think you are crazy,i feel the same way C...
Armard  just sat silent for a few seconds.From day one the show avoids giving many highlights of the Celtics but its nothing new or do i expect any better.TNT and NBA.tv are owned by the same people.I never heard A.Rashad ever say a bad word or give any negativity towards the Celtics.

C webb and GP=jealous. How in thw world could they say that with a straight face!

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 12:48:38 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

Last night C.Webb made this prediction and the GP backed him up:Quote C.Webb "I know the next thing im going to say is going to make you guys think im crazy,but i feel the Hawks will beat the Celtics in the playoffs next spring.The Celtics barely got by them with a Paul Pierce last second shot already this season.The Celtics are not that good."...the second after C.Webb made the statements,GP was slapping him five,yelling me to,me to, said i dont think you are crazy,i feel the same way C...

C webb and GP=jealous. How in thw world could they say that with a straight face!

They are probably just trying to be like Barkley, and say crazy things to bring attention to themselves.  The problem is, when Barkley does it, it's funny...because he is funny.  When they say it, they just look like idiots.

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 12:54:53 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
You also have to question whether or not they are bitter about not being signed by the Celtics last year.  I heard reports that both of them had interest in playing in Boston at some point, but Danny went with Cassell and PJ instead.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 01:01:41 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 12:56:31 PM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112

They are probably just trying to be like Barkley, and say crazy things to bring attention to themselves.  The problem is, when Barkley does it, it's funny...because he is funny.  When they say it, they just look like idiots.
I agree Chris because the more you watch the show,the more you can see them trying to be like Barkley and Kenny.Good observation,tp for you. :)

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 01:01:48 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
That must be strange being an NBA player.  At one point in their careers CWebb and GP were arguably the best PF and PG's in the league (CWebb may have been second to Duncan, but at his prime he was pretty ridiculous)...  Both of them leading contenders into the thick of the playoffs.   Then like 5-8 years later they are both told they aren't good enough to play on Boston's bench.  That must be tough for a guy who plays a sport that is all about confidence and swagger.

It'd be like if in 5 years the Knicks tell Paul Pierce or Kevin Garnett they aren't good enough to play on their bench.   They might be a little bitter.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 01:07:07 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 01:11:20 PM »

Offline thecaptain34

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 12
Wow...I cant stand watching that show, and I didn't last night, thankfully.
Those guys hate the celtics, plain and simple, They constantly make fun of rondo as well and sit there and laugh hysterically.

Those are some pretty bold and just plain moronic statements, thats fine that they feel that way, but to say "the celtics aren't very good" is ignorant.

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 02:31:32 PM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353
That must be strange being an NBA player.  At one point in their careers CWebb and GP were arguably the best PF and PG's in the league (CWebb may have been second to Duncan, but at his prime he was pretty ridiculous)...  Both of them leading contenders into the thick of the playoffs.   Then like 5-8 years later they are both told they aren't good enough to play on Boston's bench.  That must be tough for a guy who plays a sport that is all about confidence and swagger.

It'd be like if in 5 years the Knicks tell Paul Pierce or Kevin Garnett they aren't good enough to play on their bench.   They might be a little bitter.

That's a good point.  Especially in Webber and Payton's cases, they had such a quick drop off in production.  They went from all stars to scrubs in the blink of an eye, it seemed.  That can't sit well with players with their egos.

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 02:40:21 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

That's a good point.  Especially in Webber and Payton's cases, they had such a quick drop off in production.  They went from all stars to scrubs in the blink of an eye, it seemed.  That can't sit well with players with their egos.

Out to pasture they go...
Yup

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 05:03:02 PM »

Offline dark_lord

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1126
although i disagree with him, its his opinion which he is entitled to.  why do people take it so personally when  their team is "disrespected" by the media?  to me, you simply disagree with them, then let our boys' play prove them wrong....the way they did last season.

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 06:18:31 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
Idiotic statement by Webber and idiotic response by Payton. I've seen both of them on that show and have been less than impressed. Neither is insightful, intelligent or entertaining.