Author Topic: 72-10 Bulls Vs. 66-16 Celtics  (Read 10993 times)

72-10 Bulls Vs. 66-16 Celtics
« on: November 26, 2008, 12:00:44 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136
I'm making the case that this would be a lot better series, than 1st thought.

With the very real chance the C's come out on top.

Let's get to the good stuff 1st. Pierce and Jordan.

Now we all know who the stud is there, but Pierce does not get totally punked no matter how good his opponent is.

And what I mean by that is Is jordan has 40 pierce Gets 30 or more.

Next you will say that Pippen's on pierce And mike's got ray.

Well Pippen Was great on D But is he that much better than defensively than Lebron, Prince, Artest, Kobe, or whoever else Pierce has torched in the past.

Either way the combined points of Allen And Pierce would be very similar to Jordan Pippens totals.

Which Brings us to are 3RD Superstat Kevin Garnett.

Who's Got KG? Rodman? Weddington? Kukoc? Nobody.

That's the real Advantage we have. We have 3 bonafied All stars. They Have 2 and kukoc. And beyond that are bench is better.

We have way better Athletic, Long, Defensive big men. Perk, Kg, PJ, They had Bill Weddington, Rodman and Luc Longley.

Beyond that Look at the Rotations.

Jordan, pippen, Kukoc, Kerr, Harper, Longley, Rodman, That's a solid 7 deep, But then It's ....

Jud Buchler, Dickie Simpkins, Randy Brown, and Jason Caffey.

Are top 7 was Perkins, Pierce, Garnett. Ray Allen, Rondo, Posey, and Eddie House.

With PJ.Brown, Leon Powe, Tony allen And Big Baby rounding out are top 11 Players.

So How many games would the Series Go and who would Win. I.Y.O.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 08:27:06 AM by Redz »

Re: 72-10 Bulls Vrs. 66-16 Celtics
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 12:05:39 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Bulls in 7. Maybe 6 but most likely 7.

« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 12:48:02 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 112
Thinking back to the Utah vs Bulls series,Rodman frustrated the heck of Karl Malone.KG as you said would be the biggest problem on paper. Rodman would take KG out of his game... maybe not entirely,but just enough for the Bulls to get the advantage.I use Malone as an example because he was the toughest pf in the league at that time that the Bulls had the most problems with in any of their finals.(imo)Bulls probably would win 4-3.It probably would come down to coaching,but if Posey was playing in the series,he could possibly be that x-factor to swing it to the C's.Tough call once you think about it. :)   

« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 01:12:20 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

That's a good point about the Jazz.

Though I don't agree Rodman Would do Much to Slow Down The ticket.

But think about how much better we were that the jazz.

Stockton, Malone, The Lawyer Jeff Hornaceck, Russell And Ostertag.

Honestly although they were a tuff team. We are A lot Lot more talented team.

And they played them really Close.

At least give me that point, that we were a Lot more talented than the Jazz.

« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 01:20:34 AM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
C's would win in 6. What can be done to Kobe and Lebron can be done to MJ to some degree. The game's changed a lot since then, hand checks, illegal def rules, zone, etc. Now that zone can be played the MJ iso game wouldn't fly like it used to. The Bulls never faced a defensive team like Boston that was equally capable offensively, they struggled perpetually against the Knicks when they were healthy and if they could have scored like the C's things would have been very different.

And who the hell would d up on Ray Allen? Kukoc? MJ on Ray? Time for the Truth. Rodman was a poor defender by that time, KG would have had a field day and Ray and Eddie would feast on on it. Leon and him would have a war, that would have been a huge treat to see. The only real stumbling block I would see would be Ron Harper beating up on Rondo, that would have been a tough matchup for the youngster, but no harder than Chauncey. I strongly believe the 72-10 bulls would have a 50/50 chance against the Spurs teams, Hakeem's and Clyde's Rockets, the 2000 Lakers (who I don't think any team in history could have beaten in a 7 games series) and our lovely C's 17.
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 01:29:03 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Tp for you D monster, whether you agree or not, that's the type of analysis I want, breaking down matchups and situations.

Nice Work.

« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 01:43:03 AM »

Offline Truck Lewis

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 1053
  • Reggie "Truck" Lewis

Well Pippen Was great on D But is he that much better than defensively than Lebron, Prince, Artest, Kobe, or whoever else Pierce has torched in the past.

Either way the combined points of Allen And Pierce would be very similar to Jordan Pippens totals.

With all due respect...No.

Allen gets completely shut down by MJ, completely,,,lucky to hit double figures. 

Yes Pierce may have done well in some games against Kobe, Lebron, and Prince, but he was not guarding MJ on the other end.  Pippen would lock him up especially with Pierce be winded from guarding Jordan. 

Not to mention..who is guarding Pippen? Ray Ray,,,no way.  I am a die hard C's fan but the matchup of Ray and PP v. MJ and Pippen would not be "very similar totals"
Looking for a Sig designer....obviously i will be greatful with tps.

Looking for a Wire - Rondo theme....PM with ideas and I'll tp

« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 01:55:17 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff

That's a good point about the Jazz.

Though I don't agree Rodman Would do Much to Slow Down The ticket.

But think about how much better we were that the jazz.

Stockton, Malone, The Lawyer Jeff Hornaceck, Russell And Ostertag.

Honestly although they were a tuff team. We are A lot Lot more talented team.

And they played them really Close.

At least give me that point, that we were a Lot more talented than the Jazz.
Were you around to catch those series back in the day?.I didnt say Rodman would shut KG totally down but i think he would  disrupt him in spots that would allowed the Bulls to get by.Its a tough call anyhow,to match up teams from yesterday with teams of today.Personally,i dont think the teams of today are as good as those of the 80's .Malone wasnt called the "Mailman" for no reason.My points were not really comparing the Jazz to the Celtics,but taking a look at who would guard KG.You said Rodman,and i looked at the best possible person i saw  in reality ,and Malone was it.You are taking it as if im comparing the whole Jazz team to the C's.After looking at your name closer,i dont think you would agree with anyone coming close to shuting KG down.     
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 02:09:49 AM by housecall »

« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2008, 02:00:57 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Wow.

We struggled in the playoffs against multiple teams. I don't see how anyone can say that the 72-10 bulls would not be favored in a matchup.

Why are people talking about the Jazz in other posts? Didn't they beat Seattle in the Final?

« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2008, 02:06:06 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Yea I was Around.

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2008, 02:08:09 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Ive thought about this topic as well and have posted before that in a series the '08 Celts can beat an MJ led Bulls team for the simple reason that we are tougher and better defensively than any of the teams MJ faced in the finals.

The Jazz gave the Bulls a difficult time in '98 so I definitely think it is that same 98 group of Bulls who we would be able to beat, not the 96 Bulls(72-10) as the 98 Bulls were a bit older and most of all vulnerable to the 08 C's(with Posey,and PJ)....at least in a series, lets give credit to these Celtics, they may not be the BEST all time but neither are those BULLS so my answer is Yes, the C's would win a series with MJ's Bulls specially if we'd have homecourt advantage.

« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2008, 02:17:25 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders

Now we all know who the stud is there, but Pierce does not get totally punked no matter how good his opponent is.

That's the real Advantage we have. We have 3 bonafied All stars. They Have 2 and kukoc. And beyond that are bench is better.

We have way better Athletic, Long, Defensive big men. Perk, Kg, PJ, They had Bill Weddington, Rodman and Luc Longley.

Jordan, pippen, Kukoc, Kerr, Harper, Longley, Rodman, That's a solid 7 deep, But then It's ....

Are top 7 was Perkins, Pierce, Garnett. Ray Allen, Rondo, Posey, and Eddie House.

With PJ.Brown, Leon Powe, Tony allen And Big Baby rounding out are top 11 Players.

Do you think people 10 years from now will be any more impressed with Perkins than we are with Longley? Unlikely. Don't expect anyone to be impressed by House either down the road. Also, 11 players aren't needed. Moot point.

Also, Rodman was the best rebounder of his time. They do not need scorers at every position. He was great at his role. Don't forget that Kerr and Harper, like Rodman also contributed on other championship teams. These were excellent role players.

And how is PJ athletic? Were we watching the same player?

« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2008, 02:21:05 AM »

Offline housecall

• Jim Loscutoff

Do you think people 10 years from now will be any more impressed with Perkins than we are with Longley? Unlikely. Don't expect anyone to be impressed by House either down the road. Also, 11 players aren't needed. Moot point.

Also, Rodman was the best rebounder of his time. They do not need scorers at every position. He was great at his role. Don't forget that Kerr and Harper, like Rodman also contributed on other championship teams. These were excellent role players.

And how is PJ athletic? Were we watching the same player?
All excellent points tp for you. :)

« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2008, 02:27:04 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
Ive thought about this topic as well and have posted before that in a series the '08 Celts can beat an MJ led Bulls team for the simple reason that we are tougher and better defensively than any of the teams MJ faced in the finals.

The Jazz gave the Bulls a difficult time in '98 so I definitely think it is that same 98 group of Bulls who we would be able to beat, not the 96 Bulls(72-10) as the 98 Bulls were a bit older and most of all vulnerable to the 08 C's(with Posey,and PJ)....at least in a series, lets give credit to these Celtics, they may not be the BEST all time but neither are those BULLS so my answer is Yes, the C's would win a series with MJ's Bulls specially if we'd have homecourt advantage.
Interesting points, but don't forget - that Bulls team played excellent defensive teams, but they were in the East, so they eliminated them in earlier rounds. The Bulls were able to beat defensive teams.

As far as 'tougher' goes, that sounds like arbitrarily picking a quality and deciding that the quality we have is the most important.

Everyone should also remember, Kukoc was 6th man of the year. He was really effective. Also, Jordan, Pippen, AND Rodman made the all-defensive 1st team.

They also played a Sonics team that won 64 games, and had been a top team for a few years, while we played a team that traded for its second best player midseason and who were missing their starting Center.

« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2008, 02:36:25 AM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

Dude didn't mean PJ alone is Amare. I meant that the Defense, Length and athletic Prowess of Perkins PJ and Garnett is better that Rodman Weddington and Longley.

Do you argue that?