Author Topic: I got mine  (Read 9786 times)

I got mine
« on: October 01, 2009, 09:42:37 PM »

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 114
Season Tickets, that is.

They came in today's mail, and they look great.

As we do every year, the Fat Kid and I sat on the couch and inhaled deeply of them.

We both agree.  They smell like a championship.
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Re: I got mine
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2009, 09:48:30 PM »

Offline Roy Hobbs

• In The Rafters
  • The Natural
  • Tommy Points: 6430
  • Doc could learn a thing or two from Norman Dale
Congrats, man.  I'm jealous.

Where are you sitting?

All the negativity in this town sucks. It sucks, and it stinks, and it sucks. - Rick Pitino

Portland CrotoNats:  2009 CB Draft Champions

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2009, 09:51:56 PM »

Offline ChampKind

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 665
  • I left Indiana. Because it was horrible.
Season Tickets, that is.

As we do every year, the Fat Kid and I sat on the couch and inhaled deeply of them.

I got my Pacers season tickets about a week ago. 

They smelled like loneliness.  Like the interior of a divorced woman's mini-van, or the crinkled pages of someone's handwritten fan fiction where they teach the cast of Star Trek how to play Magic: The Gathering.  Like a "No turn on Red" sign, or a pair of Bugle Boy high waist jeans.  Like a prevalent Star Wars tattoo or a Yinka Dare jersey.  Like the Jersey Shore.  Like a '89 Geo Metro.  Like day-old, or even fresh, Pizza Hut.  A faint smell of Members Only faux suede and Just For Men mustache dye.  All capped with a musk of awkward spooning at sleepaway camp and splitting 10s at a blackjack table.

Smelled like bad decisions.
CB Draft Bucks: Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Tobias Harris, Zach LaVine, Aaron Afflalo, Jeff Green, Donatas Motiejunas, Jarrett Jack, Frank Kaminsky, Lance Stephenson, JaVale McGee, Shane Larkin, Nick Young

DKC Bucks. Also terrible.

http://www.anchorofgold.com

« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2009, 09:52:36 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
When everyone is asleep, and the house is quiet, are you going to take a season ticket bath? I know I would.

I have to say I envy the heck out of those of you that can pack that building 41 times a year. I get to see 2 or maybe 3 games a season..and everytime it goes too fast. I get there, I get my beers, I say hi to the strangers around me who I will never see again, and I begin to relish it. Then, before I know it, I look up and its halfway through the third. I get another beer and I look up and its 2 mins left in the fourth. Then I look up and I see the building from the outside. Win or lose, it is a religious experience. Truly jealous.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2009, 10:01:53 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
Season Tickets, that is.

They smelled like loneliness.  Like the interior of a divorced woman's mini-van, or the crinkled pages of someone's handwritten fan fiction where they teach the cast of Star Trek how to play Magic: The Gathering.  Like a "No turn on Red" sign, or a pair of Bugle Boy high waist jeans.  Like a prevalent Star Wars tattoo or a Yinka Dare jersey.  Like the Jersey Shore.  Like a '89 Geo Metro.  Like day-old, or even fresh, Pizza Hut.  A faint smell of Members Only faux suede and Just For Men mustache dye.  All capped with a musk of awkward spooning at sleepaway camp and splitting 10s at a blackjack table.

hhahahaaaa.

EDIT: hahahahaha. the crinkled pages of someone's handwritten fan fiction where they teach the cast of Star Trek how to play Magic: The Gathering. hahahahaha

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2009, 10:38:14 PM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
I'm losing my stuff here just at the first line of "they smelled like loneliness". ahhahahahaaaha

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2009, 10:38:39 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
So jealous.

I need to get me to Boston.

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2009, 11:02:36 PM »

Offline CDawg834

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 57
Mine came with a spiffy T-shirt

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2009, 11:30:55 PM »

Offline Lucky17

• DKC Commish
  • JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2352

Is it too early to nominate Post of the Year for 2009-10?
DKC League is now on reddit!: http://www.reddit.com/r/dkcleague

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2009, 11:37:54 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Season Tickets, that is.

TP.

Reminds me of Bad Idea Jeans from SNL.

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2009, 11:58:13 PM »

Offline Tai

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 32
Season Tickets, that is.

TP. : )

« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2009, 12:45:07 AM »

Offline RAcker

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 69
  • Law mercy!
I hope that my wife and I get to make our annual trip to Boston again this year.  Jealousy.

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2009, 10:15:44 AM »

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
Congrats, man.  I'm jealous.

Where are you sitting?

We were offered an upgrade but we kept our seats on the end in 309. Third row, on the aisle and affordable.  Besides, we don't abandon tradition easily (read "resistant to change").  Great seats, great view, great fans.
"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - George S. Patton

"Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity,they think of you." -   H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2009, 10:17:11 AM »

Offline FatKidsDad

• Al Horford
Season Tickets, that is.

You, sir, are a poet.

TP to you.

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2009, 10:53:32 AM »

Offline Fox40Kid

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 37
  • "This is beautiful. What is that? Velvet?"
Nothing better then opening up that envelop and taking in a big whiff of freshly printed tickets!

It was cool to get the Access Card for the Pro Shop and other benefits.
"Coach you were 24 and 58 last year, why the playoff talk?"
"Well we made a couple of key trades . . . and we got The Funk."