Author Topic: Kyrie Irving trade idea  (Read 6720 times)

Re: Kyrie Irving trade idea
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2018, 11:20:01 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
Those topics like this one should be banned.

« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2018, 11:36:47 AM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Lol.

I'll just never understand.

That is all.

« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2018, 11:38:52 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Those topics like this one should be banned.

lol

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2018, 11:41:19 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Lets throw CBS in the deal with Kyrie while we are at it . 

« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2018, 11:42:38 AM »

Offline smokeablount

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 628
  • Mark Blount often got smoked
Lets throw CBS in the deal with Kyrie while we are at it .

Only if we can run that Ainge fella out of town too, and bring in Clay Bennett as our new owner.
2023 Non-Active / Non-NBA75 Fantasy Draft, ChiBulls:

PG: Deron Williams 07-08 / M.R. Richardson 80-81 / J. Wall 16-17
SG: David Thompson 77-78 / Hersey Hawkins 96-97
SF: Tracy McGrady 02-03 / Tayshaun Prince 06-07
PF: Larry Nance Sr 91-92 / Blake Griffin 13-14
C: Bob Lanier 76-77 / Brad Daugherty 92-93 / M. Camby 06-07

« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2018, 11:46:09 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
y'all remember when a troll from Cavs posted something here and we gave him like 10,000 TPs in like a day...lol

The OP may deserve same treatment. Kyrie is a top 5 player and he also the best ever at one of basketball skills. THE BEST EVER!!!!!!!

You want to trade him?????? For Whiteside??? or throw him into a lopsided trade for AD???? LOL!!!

« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2018, 12:29:45 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
Okay, I know people will blast this, but I think it makes sense.  Kyrie is an amazing player, but he's not really a team guy.  We played so well in the playoffs last year without him, and I'm wondering what we could add to our team by, yes, trading him.  Straight up, we could get Whiteside and more.  We could package him with Hayward and get Anthony Davis.  Think about adding Whiteside to our team from last year's playoffs, along with Hayward coming off the bench.  Or think about adding Davis to our team from last year's playoffs.  The key to all this is that our others play better when they know that they will get more time on the court and that they will see the ball more.  Kyrie is not the kind of player who makes his team stronger by going one on one so often.  Great player.  Not necessarily great for a team.

I think you're in dreamland.

You seriously want to trade Kyrie for Whiteside? You were probably in favor of trading Babe Ruth to the Yankees then. 

Forget last years playoffs, that was more the result of a terrible Eastern conference than a strong Celtic team.

« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2018, 01:04:05 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I'm not going to blast the OP's trade ideas. Bad or impossible trade ideas is a CelticStrong tradition.

But, this I have a problem with:

Kyrie is an amazing player, but he's not really a team guy. 

Not sure where you are getting he isn't a team guy. It appears every one of his teammates love him as does his coach and GM. He has taken a huge step forward this year in being a leader while being only 26 years old. Marcus Smart's and Terry Rozier's handles and moves to the basket have improved drastically since Kyrie got here. It's obvious he is teaching them something there as the moves resemble Kyrie's moves.

He is constantly echoing Stevens desires for this team to move the ball, make the extra pass and get the best shot. When his teammates have been cold, he takes over offensively because he is an excellent offensive player. Every team needs someone like that. And, his defense has gotten so much better.

Basically, Kyrie is doing everything he can to make the whole team better. That is the definition of a team guy.

« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2018, 01:16:40 PM »

Offline Rosco917

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 559
I don't even think of Kyrie as a top 10 NBA player, but I do feel he is a very strong piece to the puzzle. He is the only player on the Celtics at this time that can create a good shot at will.

He has the ring, along with the pedigree. Yes... he needs help around him to consistently win but let's not get crazy.   

AD...that's different. Still, we would be searching for a PG replacement. And don't suggest Rozier.

« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2018, 02:27:52 PM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
Okay, I know people will blast this, but I think it makes sense.  Kyrie is an amazing player, but he's not really a team guy. 

And Whiteside is ????????????????????

I know that eating a cheeseburger for lunch isn't the healthiest option, so instead I'm going to eat this deep fried cheesecake.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2018, 06:03:05 PM »

Offline PatrickLencioni

• Neemias Queta
  • Tommy Points: 5
Okay, I was clearly uninformed about Whiteside.  I didn't realize how far he has fallen.  He was once such a potential difference-maker.  Davis is a different matter, obviously. 

Though I originally thought about trading Kyrie before the recent winning streak, I still believe that his tendency to want to be the hero is not the recipe for winning long term.  Not for a Brad Stevens or Popovich kind of team.  And getting a monster big man, someone who is as interested in rebounding and defense as he is scoring, would be a key addition to the team.

So, I continue to believe that the value we could get for Kyrie, and the impact it would have on getting others more involved, could make the team better.  Maybe I'm wrong.  Maybe the current level of play will continue and push the team over the top.

« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2018, 06:13:50 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Kyrie is arguably a top 10-15 player. Having one on your team is extreme luck and a great privilege and advantage. You don’t just trade those type of players away. He is easily our best player and it isn’t even close

« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2018, 09:07:03 PM »

Online rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Whiteside’s overpaid with a player option, and he’s not as good as his counting stats suggest

He could be hard to keep on the floor during crunch time

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2018, 10:19:22 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
I don't get the Kyrie is "not a team guy" part.

Yes, he is a score first, pass second type of PG.   Or basically a scorer who just happens to be the size of a PG.   

That doesn't make him a "not a team guy".   

That makes him a guy who scores to help his team. 

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2018, 11:03:25 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
I don't get the Kyrie is "not a team guy" part.

Yes, he is a score first, pass second type of PG.   Or basically a scorer who just happens to be the size of a PG.   

That doesn't make him a "not a team guy".   

That makes him a guy who scores to help his team.

All of this.

Also - he's putting up 6.3 assists/game, tied for 14th in the league, and his assist % is 13th in the league. He's not a stellar, rondo-like assist man, but he's solidly in the range for starting PGs - with elite scoring ability on top of that.