18 (33.3%)
Celtics in 5
26 (48.1%)
Celtics in 6
4 (7.4%)
Celtics in 7
2 (3.7%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Author Topic: Poll: Heat vs. Celtics Series Predictions  (Read 4902 times)

Re: Poll: Heat vs. Celtics Series Predictions
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2024, 02:23:04 AM »

Offline Muzzy66

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 123
Remember in 2008 when we all thought the celtics would pulverize the Hawks given how dominant they were in the regular season? Yeah, this reminds me of that. Add the fact the Heat love being underdogs and Spoelstra is a basketball wizard. This things going 6 or 7, probably 7.

Let's just hope Caleb Martin doesn't transform in to prime KD again.

The Hawks were not missing 2 of their top 3 players.

« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2024, 06:14:06 AM »

Online ozgod

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1381
Remember in 2008 when we all thought the celtics would pulverize the Hawks given how dominant they were in the regular season? Yeah, this reminds me of that. Add the fact the Heat love being underdogs and Spoelstra is a basketball wizard. This things going 6 or 7, probably 7.

Let's just hope Caleb Martin doesn't transform in to prime KD again.

We've all been mentally scarred by this team (our own team and Miami's), but for them to win they have to be able to defend us, and I don't think they can. What would cause us to lose a game would be if we shot terribly from 3, gave up rebounds, and didn't defend. Even if we shot terribly from 3 but rebounded and defended I don't think this Heat team can beat us 4 games out of 7. They would need to shoot 50% from 3 multiple games in a row. Like tonight we stopped defending in the last quarter and gave them life. They never give up and that's an admirable trait for sure, and I certainly don't disrespect them, but I think they're on their last legs.

If they were fully healthy, as Muzzy said - it would be a different story in terms of competitiveness. It's unfortunate for them that they don't have their starting backcourt and they've lost players from their run last season.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2024, 06:26:54 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 370
my worry with the heat is they get more physical and dangerous. their whole mentality is to play beyond what is allowed.

I think the whole team getting in caleb martins face after the dangerous JT play was a microcosm of this team vs. last year where only fake grant williams was in Butlers face.

« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2024, 07:42:44 AM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 672
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Miami is fake tough. Not one guy on that team is really physical. Moving screens and cheap undercuts? Yes.

Miami can't play with Boston unless they muck it up and Boston just checks out.

« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2024, 09:36:09 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
It's easy to see Miami's game plan - beat the C's up. 

« Reply #50 on: April 22, 2024, 09:43:34 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2972
Heat are totally overmatched , unless …the Celtics LET them dictate the game by intimidation of dirty tactics.

If the Heat play dirty , Celtics need to push back and not let let a Riley squad of goons mess with them.

« Reply #51 on: April 22, 2024, 09:44:12 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1622
  • What a Pub Should Be
It's easy to see Miami's game plan - beat the C's up.

Which is why you don't screw around, get the sweep, & get the hell out of there.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #52 on: April 22, 2024, 11:32:19 AM »

Offline dannyboy35

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
 Late to this so doesn’t really count but I do think the Celtics will sweep. But not like I know. Anybody can beat anybody and all that. Celts could come out flat.
  I  think it may work to their advantage that this Caleb Martin play happened as long as Tatum isn’t suffering from it. That was potentially the year for us right there. We have been one of the few fortunate teams this year.
  I’m hoping this will help them keep the foot on the pedal a bit more. Although,  I agree with many posters here that the bench was needed earlier. He could have always shuffled in 1 starter with the group.

« Reply #53 on: April 22, 2024, 12:30:55 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Miami is trying to be the Pistons vs jordan. Just physically take questionable shots at Boston hoping Boston cracks. That leads to the Heat slowing the game way down and mucking it up.

« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2024, 12:34:48 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3008
  • On To Banner 18!
I think Game 2 could go similar to the Game 2 we played against the Nets two years ago. Nets came out swinging hard and desperate, built a bit of a lead in the first half, but then the C's settled in and then came back in the 2nd half to go up 2-0. Miami just doesn't have the horses and also I think they are a lot worse defensively without Butler and Vincent. Bam can't guard everybody. And if Jacquez wants to just let Tatum take mid-ranges over him, go right ahead. No answer for it.

I know there's the threat of Herro/Robinson/Martin shooting very well, and they very well could steal a game doing that this series. I doubt they can take the whole series though, and as I mentioned, Miami's defense is also bad so the C's might be able to keep up with them most games anyways.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2024, 12:47:32 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Jovic said the zone is not very effective with KP on the floor. I actually think Boston is going to come out in game two guns blazing.

The biggest concern in game 1 was rust. Cs have played now and they know what they are up against. I would like to see less points in the paint for Miami.

« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2024, 01:00:43 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 873
Jovic said the zone is not very effective with KP on the floor. I actually think Boston is going to come out in game two guns blazing.

The biggest concern in game 1 was rust. Cs have played now and they know what they are up against. I would like to see less points in the paint for Miami.

Funny he would say this out loud but in game 1, MIA went to the zone defense when Porzingis was out and Horford was the 1 big.  When Porzingis was the 1 big, BOS +18.  When Horford the 1 big, BOS +3.  When both on the floor, BOS -1.