Author Topic: Ainge still wants some Love  (Read 3783 times)

Re: Ainge still wants some Love
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2017, 09:03:46 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
Cavs are just never doing this.
Any NBA general manager that traded a 28 year old Kevin Love averaging a very very efficient 20/10 as a 3rd option on a championship winner for a  great but not as efficient 32 year old gunner would be out of their mind. Even the 6 months it would take Melo to fully adjust would be another wasted opportunty for Lebron to win another ship'
And I am one of those people who would be very open to acquiring  Carmelo on the Celtics if it were a bargain deal...
But there is zero % chance this happens.

Maybe 2 years ago and if the Cavs had just lost to GSW again and getting desperate.
Never now.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2017, 09:13:55 AM by chambers »
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2017, 09:35:33 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
I believe CLE would look at a trade package which would include Kelly Olynyk coming back to them as favorable given he somewhat absorbs and replaces the loss of Love (on a much lesser scale of course).

I was tossing around trades in the realgm trade checker this morning on this very topic and below works:

BOS: Love
CLE: Anthony, Jennings, Olynyk
NYK: Amir Johnson, Avery Bradley, Channing Frye

Maybe picks in any direction to sweeten it up. NYK might feel like they are slighted in the above scenario, but honestly they cant expect a greater return for Melo at this stage and have ZERO leverage.
"Maybe picks"??? We get Love and there is a chance of not giving up picks? Definitely picks. In fact, the players we give up don't matter compared to the picks.

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2017, 09:39:25 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Cavs are just never doing this.
Any NBA general manager that traded a 28 year old Kevin Love averaging a very very efficient 20/10 as a 3rd option on a championship winner for a  great but not as efficient 32 year old gunner would be out of their mind. Even the 6 months it would take Melo to fully adjust would be another wasted opportunty for Lebron to win another ship'
And I am one of those people who would be very open to acquiring  Carmelo on the Celtics if it were a bargain deal...
But there is zero % chance this happens.

Maybe 2 years ago and if the Cavs had just lost to GSW again and getting desperate.
Never now.
I hope for the Cavs that they learned their lesson from the first run with Lebron. If you pander to Lebron, you will kill you cap flexibility and end up running him out of town with a roster of underwhelming, overpaid journeymen. GMs need to make the smart moves, even if the star player doesn't like it because the star player will like it even less when the team has no future.