Author Topic: Antoine Walker thinks Philly will win in Five.  (Read 8877 times)

Re: Antoine Walker thinks Philly will win in Fice.
« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2018, 10:30:21 AM »

Offline iadera

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
  • CroCeltics
We are great, but it's hard to expect us shooting like that again. Yet, Philly's gonna shoot better and it's 90% we're gonna have at least a close game. Our grit and grind will have to be present more than ever so far.

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2018, 10:49:45 AM »

Offline RLewis35

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 20
  • I drink and I know things
I think winner of game 2 wins this series. If we win game 2, even though “a series doesn’t start until the road team wins”, all the pressure will be on a very young philly team. I expect them to crack in one of the games at home if they are essentially must wins, and then we will close out in 5.

If they win game 2, pressure is on us t steal one there and while losing one would also result in them losing serve, the situation wouldn’t be as dire.  I expect them to play looser under those conditions and win both in philly most likely, resulting in a likely 6 game close out.

« Reply #17 on: May 02, 2018, 11:06:52 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Actually I think letting Embiid get 30 is the key in this series. I dont want their shooters getting into rhythm or Simmons controlling the game.
Oh it definitely is, if we can single cover Embiid and Simmons for the most part and stick with their shooters the Celtics are in great shape defensively.

The question remains, can the C's continue to score. I think we'll be okay at home, I'm very worried on the road.

That's our real problem. Road scoring.

« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2018, 11:13:12 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I understand what he's saying. Boston can't play any better than they did in Game 1. Philly played awful. Conventional wisdom says the more talented team (Philly) will still win this series easily. Hopefully we continue to defy conventional wisdom.

« Reply #19 on: May 02, 2018, 11:18:47 AM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Actually I think letting Embiid get 30 is the key in this series. I dont want their shooters getting into rhythm or Simmons controlling the game.

I agree. Most of Embiid's shots are two-pointers, so let him get his nickels and dimes but keep their 3pt shooters from catching fire.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #20 on: May 02, 2018, 11:28:57 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
We had 3 guys (Rozier, Horford and Tatum) combine for 83 points.  Not even KG+Pierce+Ray ever accomplished combining for that many points.

As a whole, we shot over 48% from three.

Philly's defense was atrocious.

Redick, Saric, Bellinelli, Covington and Ilyasova are shot above 36% from three this season.

They combined for 3-20 in game 1. 

If we can keep that up, we will keep this series competitive.  Otherwise, Philly can take control of this series in Game 2 by stealing home court.

« Reply #21 on: May 02, 2018, 11:35:04 AM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
We had 3 guys (Rozier, Horford and Tatum) combine for 83 points.  Not even KG+Pierce+Ray ever accomplished combining for that many points.

As a whole, we shot over 48% from three.

Philly's defense was atrocious.

Redick, Saric, Bellinelli, Covington and Ilyasova are shot above 36% from three this season.

They combined for 3-20 in game 1. 

If we can keep that up, we will keep this series competitive.  Otherwise, Philly can take control of this series in Game 2 by stealing home court.
I understand what he's saying. Boston can't play any better than they did in Game 1. Philly played awful. Conventional wisdom says the more talented team (Philly) will still win this series easily. Hopefully we continue to defy conventional wisdom.

Welcome back LaBrd33. TP.

I hope your Reddit post about Tatum becoming the next Durant holds true, so he can go for 25+ PPG against the 76ers in game 2.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2018, 12:36:45 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
He could coach Simmons and encourage him to shoot more threes. No fear of bricks.

« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2018, 01:18:17 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Im not expecting Celtics to win game two.   They saved face wnning game one without Jalen and their two best players.  Not to mention Theis , who has become a reliable big .   

So being down 4 of your best players and Smart still with a sore hand .......just not resonable to expect them to beat an elite team with no injuries.

So take out three of 76 's best players   they would be up he creek maybe worse.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 03:09:41 PM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #24 on: May 02, 2018, 01:55:46 PM »

Offline BringToughnessBack

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 941
Call it a hunch but I bet he predicted a sweep before series started. Hope he did not bet on a sweep!

« Reply #25 on: May 02, 2018, 02:27:45 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3178
Call it a hunch but I bet he predicted a sweep before series started. Hope he did not bet on a sweep!

Yeah, the key is to find out how Antoine bet and bet the opposite.

Re: Antoine Walker thinks Philly will win in Five.
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2018, 02:43:33 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I don't see a team in the East that can beat the Celtics 4 straight games. So I find Toine's prediction to be ridiculous. Now its possible Philly wins 4 of the next 5 or 6 to win in 6 or 7 games. Just don't see the Sixers winning 4 straight on this team with 2 games in Boston.

Re: Antoine Walker thinks Philly will win in Five.
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2018, 02:53:16 PM »

Offline satch

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 137
Toine??

« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2018, 03:09:18 PM »

Offline ChillyWilly

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 620
Im not expecting Celtics to game two.   They saved face wnning game one without Jalen and their two best players.  Not to mention Theis , who has become a reliable big .   

So being down 4 of your best players and Smart still with a sore hand .......just not resonable to expect them to beat an elite team with no injuries.

So take out three of 76 's best players   they would be up he creek maybe worse.

The 6ers are far from an elite team. Convincing yourself they can't win so you can deal with the loses better is lame.
ok fine

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2018, 03:16:44 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Im not expecting Celtics to game two.   They saved face wnning game one without Jalen and their two best players.  Not to mention Theis , who has become a reliable big .   

The 6ers are far from an elite team. Convincing yourself they can't win so you can deal with the loses better is lame.

You and I know they are not an elite team....but many kids , popular media fueled by NBA believe it , it was just a figure of speech i used to lead into the comment.   The whole mass media world in saturated with popular beliefs , youth has money to spend and tey market to the crwod with the most disposable income .  No they are not elite , If Ebiid is hurt again , said bey suck and won't beat anybody significant.   philly is a weak house of cards.