Author Topic: Antoine Walker thinks Philly will win in Five.  (Read 8876 times)

Antoine Walker thinks Philly will win in Five.
« on: May 02, 2018, 08:07:10 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Philly will win this in five,” Walker said. “They’ll get this done in five. I just think this was a wake-up call for them. They’re more talented, they can shoot the 3-ball. They don’t have to hit the threes to win. You can’t give Joel Embiid 30 points and think you’re going to win. They’re not going to lose too many games like that. And they’re not going to shoot as bad from the 3-point line as they did. I think Jaylen Brown is too hurt. When he does come back he’s not going to be 100 percent. I don’t think they have enough.”

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2018/05/why-antoine-walker-thinks-76ers-win-series-vs-celtics-in-five-games/

https://nesn.com/2018/05/why-antoine-walker-thinks-76ers-win-series-vs-celtics-in-five-games/

I was hoping he would give us some money management tips, too, but I was out of luck. JK

He is entitled to his opinion.  I hope we prove him wrong.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2018, 02:37:23 PM by nickagneta »

Re: Antoine Walker thinks Philly will win in Fice.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2018, 08:21:03 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Actually I think letting Embiid get 30 is the key in this series. I dont want their shooters getting into rhythm or Simmons controlling the game.

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2018, 08:51:03 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 601
Shimmy still bitter about Danny trading him to the Mavs.

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2018, 08:54:36 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707
He played hard, but he was never a smart player. Everyone and their uncle knows the Celtics let Embiid get his in single coverage to stop the Sixers perimeter shooters, and it worked. I guess everyone except Antoine that is.

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2018, 09:09:23 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Philly will win this in five,” Walker said. “They’ll get this done in five. I just think this was a wake-up call for them. They’re more talented, they can shoot the 3-ball. They don’t have to hit the threes to win. You can’t give Joel Embiid 30 points and think you’re going to win. They’re not going to lose too many games like that. And they’re not going to shoot as bad from the 3-point line as they did. I think Jaylen Brown is too hurt. When he does come back he’s not going to be 100 percent. I don’t think they have enough.”

Read more at: https://nesn.com/2018/05/why-antoine-walker-thinks-76ers-win-series-vs-celtics-in-five-games/

https://nesn.com/2018/05/why-antoine-walker-thinks-76ers-win-series-vs-celtics-in-five-games/

I was hoping he would give us some money management tips, too, but I was out of luck. JK

Fice? you mean five

Antoine can eat it. Celtics in 6

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2018, 09:34:04 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Antoine also thinks paying 25 of your closest friends six figure salaries to be an entourage is sound money management.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2018, 09:41:08 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Not a crazy opinion! I disagree, I don't think we get closed out at home versus this team but the help D was bad and the strategy was too for the 76ers. I think its a pretty close game tomorrow even if Brown is back.

« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2018, 09:42:48 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
Actually I think letting Embiid get 30 is the key in this series. I dont want their shooters getting into rhythm or Simmons controlling the game.
Oh it definitely is, if we can single cover Embiid and Simmons for the most part and stick with their shooters the Celtics are in great shape defensively.

The question remains, can the C's continue to score. I think we'll be okay at home, I'm very worried on the road.

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2018, 09:43:46 AM »

Offline green_bballers13

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 321
I guess people feel that Antoine is selling out the Celtics by picking the 76ers. I don't feel that way, as the Celtics have been devastated by injuries. I actually think that his prediction makes sense.

I don't understand the people that are talking about his money issues- this doesn't seem relevant to the prediction.

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2018, 09:44:36 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466
I have to admit game one was an unexpected game.  There are times when we had almost nothing out there in terms of offense, yet, it worked. 

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2018, 09:51:51 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
I have to admit game one was an unexpected game.  There are times when we had almost nothing out there in terms of offense, yet, it worked.
Yup.

There was a sequence that made me furious at Smart/Larkin in the third till I realized that it was Stevens call. They had Larkin, Smart, Morris, Baynes, and Semi on the floor and they just ran some simple action while Smart and next possession Larkin dribbled looking for an open cutter.

Didn't happen and both jacked pull up 3s out of iso. Awful offensive saved in that Larkin made his, but then I realized they were just trying to work the full 24 in the last 2 minutes of the quarter to give Tatum/Horford as much rest as possible.

I worry that tomorrow we don't survive those lineups nearly as well.

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2018, 09:54:53 AM »

Offline incoherent

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 278
  • 7 + 11 = 18
I watched this video yesterday and just thought to myself "way to get a chance to go on TV and talk about basketball and also come off sounding like a complete moron".

« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2018, 09:56:25 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Fice? you mean five

Antoine can eat it. Celtics in 6
Celts would win one game earlier if we had Daniel Fice.

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2018, 10:08:05 AM »

Offline td450

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 254
What we exposed was that Philly has Embiid and Simmons, and everyone else they are playing is a below average athlete. We may lose this series because Embiid and Simmons are too much, and we can't shoot well enough to survive them, but we are going to relentlessly attack their other guys, and we'll see what happens.

I think this boils down to just how good Jaylen can be. With him, we have 5 guys that can score in bunches, and we need at least 3 to produce big numbers to win games.

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2018, 10:30:16 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Antoine is known for his BBIQ and knowledge of the game after all ::)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)