Author Topic: Shams: KD "Monitoring" Situation, Kyrie Trade Looking Likely  (Read 9358 times)

Re: Shams: KD "Monitoring" Situation, Kyrie Trade Looking Likely
« Reply #45 on: June 25, 2022, 10:02:14 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
POR would be nice for Durant. Go all-in with Lillard and Durant. They have Jerami Grant as a 3rd star. Then scramble for whatever you can get around them.

Anfernee Simons & whoever they drafted the other day & a bunch of a future picks is a pretty good offer.

It would be fun to watch that POR team.

« Reply #46 on: June 25, 2022, 10:06:16 PM »

Online tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Worth noting that both Nurkic and Lillard posted a pic of Durant in a Blazers jersey today.

The Blazers have a really good trade package for him. They could send Bledsoe (partially guaranteed), Simons, Winslow, Little, the rights to Sharpe, plus multiple 1sts.

That still leaves them with Lillard, Hart, Grant, Durant, and Nurkic with Hart off the bench. That's a pretty good team, even after emptying the warchest.

Brooklyn could pivot quickly if Irving is also traded. If the Hornets trade rumor with the Lakers is legit, then the Hornets could receive Westbrook and the Nets could get Rozier and THT, with the Lakers getting Irving and Oubre.

Brooklyn:

Guards: Rozier, Simons, Bledsoe (partially guaranteed), Sharpe, Curry, Mills, Thomas
Forwards: Simons, Harris, Horton-Tucker, Winslow, Little
Center: Claxton

It's easy to then see how the Nets would want to flip Curry, Rozier, Mills, and/or Harris to a third team for assets and young players. That's exactly where the Celtics could pounce to get a good rotation player.
You said Hart in the starting lineup and off the bench. 

« Reply #47 on: June 29, 2022, 11:17:52 PM »

Offline GreenlyGreeny

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 94
Meanwhile in Ben Simmons’ world…

« Last Edit: June 29, 2022, 11:55:54 PM by GreenlyGreeny »

« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2022, 07:41:14 PM »

Offline Ed Monix

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 213
  • Signature move: Punch to the jejunum
In an appearance on SportsCenter this week, league insider Adrian Wojnarowski dropped the latest update on Durant and how soon we can expect him to be traded.

The market is still taking shape, and I think it’s incumbent on some of the other teams to be creative and start bringing to Brooklyn ideas, going out and seeing if they can get players, picks that would put the kind of package it would take to get Kevin Durant. Brooklyn’s got time on its side. They have a lot of time left in the offseason and they have a player in KD who has four years left on his contract. They don’t have to rush into a deal.

Woj
5' 10" former point guard

Career highlight: 1973-74 championship, Boston Celtics

Career lowlight: traded for a washing machine

« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2022, 08:22:41 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 1361
In an appearance on SportsCenter this week, league insider Adrian Wojnarowski dropped the latest update on Durant and how soon we can expect him to be traded.

The market is still taking shape, and I think it’s incumbent on some of the other teams to be creative and start bringing to Brooklyn ideas, going out and seeing if they can get players, picks that would put the kind of package it would take to get Kevin Durant. Brooklyn’s got time on its side. They have a lot of time left in the offseason and they have a player in KD who has four years left on his contract. They don’t have to rush into a deal.

Woj

It's not going to happen anytime soon. KD has no leverage to rush things unless he pulls a Simmons and I think he might be too professional for that, given that Cryrie is also going to have to play (unless he wants to tank his value further). I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up staying till the trade deadline.
Any odd typos are because I suck at typing on an iPhone :D

« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2022, 09:18:22 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386

Woj

It's not going to happen anytime soon. KD has no leverage to rush things unless he pulls a Simmons and I think he might be too professional for that, given that Cryrie is also going to have to play (unless he wants to tank his value further). I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up staying till the trade deadline.

I really hope you are right on this. Irvings and Durant’s antics are just too much and is the kind of stuff that will destroy the league. If you sign a 4 year contract demanding a trade cause your friends feelings are hurt Is Just bad.

« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2022, 09:23:09 PM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White

Woj

I really hope you are right on this. Irvings and Durant’s antics are just too much and is the kind of stuff that will destroy the league. If you sign a 4 year contract demanding a trade cause your friends feelings are hurt Is Just bad.

On the other hand, the thought of Cryrie wrecking another team - ideally the Fakers - is just too tempting  :police:

« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2022, 09:50:58 PM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
Only a matter of time before the Lakers trade Westbrook and a bag of crap (salary fillers and a 2029 top-58 protected second-rounder sound about right?) for Durant and Irving.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2022, 10:02:05 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
Worth noting that both Nurkic and Lillard posted a pic of Durant in a Blazers jersey today.

The Blazers have a really good trade package for him. They could send Bledsoe (partially guaranteed), Simons, Winslow, Little, the rights to Sharpe, plus multiple 1sts.

That still leaves them with Lillard, Hart, Grant, Durant, and Nurkic with Hart off the bench. That's a pretty good team, even after emptying the warchest.

Brooklyn could pivot quickly if Irving is also traded. If the Hornets trade rumor with the Lakers is legit, then the Hornets could receive Westbrook and the Nets could get Rozier and THT, with the Lakers getting Irving and Oubre.

Brooklyn:

Guards: Rozier, Simons, Bledsoe (partially guaranteed), Sharpe, Curry, Mills, Thomas
Forwards: Simons, Harris, Horton-Tucker, Winslow, Little
Center: Claxton

It's easy to then see how the Nets would want to flip Curry, Rozier, Mills, and/or Harris to a third team for assets and young players. That's exactly where the Celtics could pounce to get a good rotation player.
You said Hart in the starting lineup and off the bench.
maybe he is very talented player?  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2022, 04:12:41 AM »

Offline ozgod

• JoJo White
Only a matter of time before the Lakers trade Westbrook and a bag of crap (salary fillers and a 2029 top-58 protected second-rounder sound about right?) for Durant and Irving.

Be pretty funny if the Fakers traded LeBum and AD for Cryrie and KD.  :laugh:

« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2022, 06:47:03 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961

Lakers offer a home for over paid , perpetually dissatisfied stars, a selfish player driven system that totally caters to the biggest divas /egos ,  it’s a home for the spoiled to continue their careers while other owners, GMs , fan bases look else where for something with less drama .Nets tried to be the Lakers , but even they couldn’t stomach but so much bs.  The Lakers offer a service that no other matches. Just walk though the door and do whatever you please ,  make millions with no rules or negative feedback,  answer to nobody and take little to no responsibility for work .Lakers land is a giant jail break.

Their doors are always open to types that make me cringe . 

« Last Edit: July 05, 2022, 06:54:40 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2022, 09:01:59 AM »

Offline Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 860

Be pretty funny if the Fakers traded LeBum and AD for Cryrie and KD.  :laugh:

That of course won't happen, Westbrook will be in the trade, but I don't think it is totally far fetched at this point that you could see Westbrook + LeBron or Westbrook + Davis for Kyrie + Durant deal.  If it were to happen, Davis or LeBron would not be happy but why not trade Davis and his durability issues to give yourself a big 3 of Kyrie, LeBron, and Durant?  My understanding is that Davis does not have a no trade clause.

Can you imagine the chip what would be on the shoulders of Westbrook and Davis if they were traded?  And they might even be able to inspire Simmons to play.  I admit it is unlikely but I think it is at least possible or that it makes some level of sense.

« Reply #57 on: July 06, 2022, 08:39:56 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Laker trade proposal for Kyrie is garbage.

Nets should stand still, or package KD and Kyrie to NO for Ingram, McCullom, Daniel’s, filler and meaningful picks (Laker picks). KD will be happy because Kyrie is still his partner, Kyrie more likely to extend because he gets to play with Durant. NO has a terrific foundation with those two and Zion. Nets are happy because they get an All Star in Ingram and a good vet in McCollum who has far more value than Westbrick. Win win.

Haven’t seen this proposed. Just trade proposals to Pels involving KD.

« Reply #58 on: July 06, 2022, 09:26:40 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Nets should stand still, or package KD and Kyrie to NO for Ingram, McCullom, Daniel’s, filler and meaningful picks (Laker picks). KD will be happy because Kyrie is still his partner, Kyrie more likely to extend because he gets to play with Durant. NO has a terrific foundation with those two and Zion. Nets are happy because they get an All Star in Ingram and a good vet in McCollum who has far more value than Westbrick. Win win.

If I'm New Orleans I'd much rather keep the steadiness of CJ over Kyrie. He was playing extremely well for them, and is far less likely to cause issues. I don't think KD can force a team to take Kyrie alongside him.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #59 on: July 06, 2022, 09:31:26 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833

If I'm New Orleans I'd much rather keep the steadiness of CJ over Kyrie. He was playing extremely well for them, and is far less likely to cause issues. I don't think KD can force a team to take Kyrie alongside him.

Packaging Kyrie would make KD more likely to buy in to going there and more likely that Kyrie would extend. Kyrie without the BS is a far better player than McCullom. Griffin has relationship with Kyrie from Cleveland which could help. Doubt it will happen but worth exploring.