Author Topic: Robert Williams (Merged Threads)  (Read 241836 times)

Re: More Robert Williams please....
« Reply #1320 on: October 31, 2018, 01:09:35 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
It didn’t count or mean anything, but I was impressed with his (one-handed?) ally-oop off Kyrie’s heave to end the half.

Def has hops, looks like he has good hands too. Still too raw. Hopefully he puts in the work and dedication to becoming an impact (or better) player.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #1321 on: October 31, 2018, 03:44:07 AM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
Anyone else a little upset that Robert didn’t see more action last night? When Horford and Baynes each had 4 fouls with 4 or 3 minutes left in the 3rd Quarter I thought for sure we’d see Robert in the game. Instead he sends in Yabusele for the end of the 3rd and the beginning of the 4th. Nothing against Yabusele, he’s fine, it’s just that I’ve seen enough of him over the years and have kind of given up on him. I’d rather give those minutes to a promising rookie who could use some experience in games where it’s not garbage time. Again, not a huge deal just wish the minutes were going to Robert so he can develop instead of a 22-year old who hasn’t cracked the rotation in 3 years.

We keep getting killed inside by bigger players. Brad refuses to use Williams, fine, but at least double team when the post up guy turns his head.

« Reply #1322 on: October 31, 2018, 04:36:22 AM »

Online knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Anyone else a little upset that Robert didn’t see more action last night? When Horford and Baynes each had 4 fouls with 4 or 3 minutes left in the 3rd Quarter I thought for sure we’d see Robert in the game. Instead he sends in Yabusele for the end of the 3rd and the beginning of the 4th. Nothing against Yabusele, he’s fine, it’s just that I’ve seen enough of him over the years and have kind of given up on him. I’d rather give those minutes to a promising rookie who could use some experience in games where it’s not garbage time. Again, not a huge deal just wish the minutes were going to Robert so he can develop instead of a 22-year old who hasn’t cracked the rotation in 3 years.

I don't blame Stevens for not playing him if he doesn't think he's ready.  Stevens has earned that credibility, but we needed another big last night.  I'd really like to add another big once we are able to cut Bird.  I'd like to see Ainge workout Noah to see if he has anything left in the tank.  Are there any other centers available that we could add cheaply to provide depth?

« Reply #1323 on: October 31, 2018, 06:18:47 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Brad refuses to use Williams, fine, but at least double team when the post up guy turns his head.

I don't think CBS knows to how to use traditional bigs.   Case in point, Greg Monroe.   He likes his bigs skilled and able to spread the floor, right now Williams is a talented work in progress.

I'd like to see Ainge workout Noah to see if he has anything left in the tank.

No thanks, on Noah, he has the same limitations to a large degree as Williams, and he is old and worn.

« Reply #1324 on: October 31, 2018, 07:09:38 AM »

Offline Androslav

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 528
Brad refuses to use Williams, fine, but at least double team when the post up guy turns his head.

I don't think CBS knows to how to use traditional bigs.   Case in point, Greg Monroe.   He likes his bigs skilled and able to spread the floor, right now Williams is a talented work in progress.

No thanks, on Noah, he has the same limitations to a large degree as Williams, and he is old and worn.
Monroe? Noah?
They are not NBA players, that's why CBS didn't use them "well". Just as a cook couldn't use rubber as a main dish. It is not edible.
Traditional big is often a nice way to say that a taller guy doesn't posses the skills necessary for today's league.
"The joy of the balling under the rims."

« Reply #1325 on: October 31, 2018, 07:34:17 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

Monroe is barely getting off the bench in Toronto this year too... and was barely getting off the bench when the C's acquired him.

« Reply #1326 on: October 31, 2018, 07:54:42 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Monroe is barely getting off the bench in Toronto this year too... and was barely getting off the bench when the C's acquired him.
Yeah, Moose not getting many minutes is more due to Baynes and Horford being better than him, and his limited skill-set. I always thought he was fun, but he is a poor defender and very unathletic, and has no range on offence.
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Re: Robert Williams(Merged Threads)
« Reply #1327 on: November 02, 2018, 12:14:10 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
.@rob_williamsIII has been assigned to the @maineredclaws.

https://twitter.com/celtics/status/1058384517076078594?s=21

« Reply #1328 on: November 02, 2018, 12:40:40 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
His first G League game is tonight. Where can I see it on tv?

« Reply #1329 on: November 02, 2018, 12:54:55 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

It'll be televised on NBATV

« Reply #1330 on: November 02, 2018, 05:15:45 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo

Awesome. TP.

« Reply #1331 on: November 02, 2018, 05:22:03 PM »

Online Birdman

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 414
he needs to be playing on the Celtics..the way teams are easily driving to the rim with easy layups is awful
C/PF-Horford, Baynes, Noel, Theis, Morris,
SF/SG- Tatum, Brown, Hayward, Smart, Semi, Clark
PG- Irving, Rozier, Larkin

« Reply #1332 on: November 02, 2018, 05:31:39 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
he needs to be playing on the Celtics..the way teams are easily driving to the rim with easy layups is awful
The Celtics sending rookies to Portland has always been a sign that Stevens doesn't feel he is good enough to get into a game except for garbage time and so send them to the G League to hone their skills.

I think a lot of people are going to have to start to accept that Williams isn't ready for minutes and most likely won't be this year.

« Reply #1333 on: November 02, 2018, 05:38:34 PM »

Offline JBcat

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 512

Awesome. TP.

Hmm I don’t see it on the NBATV channel tonight?

« Reply #1334 on: November 02, 2018, 05:58:29 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Awesome. TP.

Hmm I don’t see it on the NBATV channel tonight?

Yeah, I don't see it either, but I heard it was from I believe Locked on Celtics. It is scheduled to be televised tomorrow at 4pm on NBC Sports Boston.