Author Topic: Robert Williams (Merged Threads)  (Read 241262 times)

Robert Williams and sitting out
« Reply #825 on: July 15, 2018, 08:13:54 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1233
It must be torturous watching rookie and 2nd yr players knowing that your defense would dominate and the press would be talking monsta dunks and blocks.Instead of a lost wallet and missing a flight  He is doing.hours of rehab and repetitive drills nothing fancy but really important going forward.
Delayed gratification, can help build maturity as he chafes at the bit but HAS to accept what trainers and organization think is best.
Robert has had the time to learn and watch without the distraction of media fawning over his leaping ability as they did Jerome Robinson.
So Robert is getting a crash course on why you take care of your body.It would be easy for the brass to succumb and try out their new toy but any re injury would set him back further delaying the real work that starts in Boston.Danny, Brad  and his teammates will help Robert be the best version of himself.
So as much as i want him to play and put everything that is not basketball to bed.This experience may far outweigh some dunks-.Working on touch and shots around the rim,shooting technique,foul shooting, ball handling and dribbling drills and not one dunk to thunderous applause.Just working on the things that will make him a better CELTIC basketball player-even a better CELTIC
« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 09:11:35 AM by rollie mass »

Re: Positive Story About Robert Williams
« Reply #826 on: July 15, 2018, 10:04:51 AM »

Offline chilidawg

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 261
Thanks for that.  I was disappointed at how a couple screw ups had people already writing him off.  Comments from the coaching staff and other players have been positive as well, so it's not like this is the only good news we'd had.

Re: Robert Williams and sitting out
« Reply #827 on: July 15, 2018, 10:11:39 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
It must be torturous watching rookie and 2nd yr players knowing that your defense would dominate and the press would be talking monsta dunks and blocks.Instead of a lost wallet and missing a flight  He is doing.hours of rehab and repetitive drills nothing fancy but really important going forward.
Delayed gratification, can help build maturity as he chafes at the bit but HAS to accept what trainers and organization think is best.
Robert has had the time to learn and watch without the distraction of media fawning over his leaping ability as they did Jerome Robinson.
So Robert is getting a crash course on why you take care of your body.It would be easy for the brass to succumb and try out their new toy but any re injury would set him back further delaying the real work that starts in Boston.Danny, Brad  and his teammates will help Robert be the best version of himself.
So as much as i want him to play and put everything that is not basketball to bed.This experience may far outweigh some dunks-.Working on touch and shots around the rim,shooting technique,foul shooting, ball handling and dribbling drills and not one dunk to thunderous applause.Just working on the things that will make him a better CELTIC basketball player-even a better CELTIC

Can you please just post in numerous Robert Williams thread you've started? We don't need another one cluttering the forums.

« Reply #828 on: July 15, 2018, 10:20:58 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Can you please just post in numerous Robert Williams thread you've started? We don't need another one cluttering the forums.

He doesn't care. This is his 12th RW thread in 3 weeks.

What makes it funny is that he's not even playing.

« Reply #829 on: July 15, 2018, 10:23:33 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan

I see many RW threads but I don't think he is the OP in most of them. I only see a couple that he has started.

« Reply #830 on: July 15, 2018, 10:31:10 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

I see many RW threads but I don't think he is the OP in most of them. I only see a couple that he has started.

Yeah, he's at 12, but some have started others as well.

OP started this yesterday:
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=97277.0

OP started this Thursday:
http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=97262.0

So 3 RW threads in 4 days that have involved no games played or anything related to news.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 10:57:27 AM by Eddie20 »

« Reply #831 on: July 15, 2018, 10:42:06 AM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
I look forward to tomorrow's Williams thread saying the exact same thing.  Not.

« Reply #832 on: July 15, 2018, 11:00:10 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker
Thought police-i have read so much negative stuff aimed at Williams in the press and how many of those OP's have you posted in Eddie-you are a stalker,critic and have no social redeeming value in any of your posts.Lately Williams is being abused and accused of substance abuse when he went home-pure conjecture but in print people parrot and then it becomes a fact
You seem to get off trailing my posts-get lost
if a moderator wants to merge posts with different time frames and content-
Last night was another night of hoping Robert would play, then rationalizing his sitting.

I think you guys should leave your criticism up to moderators.And stop stalking anything positive.

« Reply #833 on: July 15, 2018, 11:27:22 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
Thought police-i have read so much negative stuff aimed at Williams in the press and how many of those OP's have you posted in Eddie-you are a stalker,critic and have no social redeeming value in any of your posts.Lately Williams is being abused and accused of substance abuse when he went home-pure conjecture but in print people parrot and then it becomes a fact
Last night was another night of hoping Robert would play, then rationalizing his sitting.

I think you guys should leave your criticism up to moderators.And stop stalking anything positive.

No need to get upset and insult people. I think you should be more considerate of others who find all these Williams threads cluttering to the overall forum experience. It causes other, much more relevant topics, to be drowned out due to regurgitating thoughts.

If you have an unrelenting desire to share your daily RW thoughts couldn't you simply post it in one of your previous RW threads? You're treating this forum as a daily diary, which isn't the purpose of this, or any forum.

« Reply #834 on: July 15, 2018, 11:28:06 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2663
  • bammokja

eddie, why exaggerate about rollie's threads? indeed, if they bother you, why post in them again and again?

while yes rollie could have posted elsewhere, yes also, he is correct in his points on williams. in general this blog wants instant gratification (me too) and want to see him play in summer league games. we want to see rebounds, blocks, put backs, and fire from williams.

but he is the 27th pick and needs a lot to learn. he isnt cracking the rotation this year, at least not at the outset. so, rollie posits that building up williams muscles, skills, and attitude early in his career are going to pay off down the road. i agree.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #835 on: July 15, 2018, 11:32:42 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
These might be the forums last few days let's not complain about posts let's go out on a positive note.

As for the reason of the thread though it's a named player yet the idea is applied to many guys. Playing games is the best part about basketball sitting out and stuck with rehab can't be fun

« Reply #836 on: July 15, 2018, 11:49:28 AM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson

eddie, why exaggerate about rollie's threads?

PM sent, but for clarity...

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=96949.0

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=96970.0

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=96985.0

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=97059.0

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=97069.0

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=97141.0

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=97154.0

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=97046.0

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=97221.0

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=97285.0

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=97277.0

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?topic=97262.0

« Reply #837 on: July 15, 2018, 11:49:41 AM »

Offline rollie mass

• Antoine Walker

You have posted  three times on this thread-why should i go backward s and post in a thread that had responses or become obsolete.I will reiterate he is working daily on touch and finishes at the hoop,shooting technique and foul shots getting in reps and weight room as well as integrating himself with the players.Rehab is boring with no goal of playing time.
And to see any comparison to Robinson then they don't know basketball.How old is Williams 20.
I bet you even know what month.
You have been stalking me and baiting since i started posting and that is a fixation.
My content is positive vs negative
i'm right Celtics win
Your right Celtics lose.

Several of those were lead ins to breaking news such as assistant coach and agent supplying trainer,as well as coaches character reference-why post after 6 pages or 4 pages--how many times have you posted in my op threads even Nick Agenta the moderator posted more than several times on different threads.They become obsolete and twisted sometimes and you do your best to sabotage and deflect.Your a stirrer
Controversy was swirling around this 20 yr old with no structure in place and you would pipe in about kids his age going to war or he is paid millions or correcting his age when someone posted 19-what clap trap.
 and several of your examples of my posts  were about Horford ,Brown and Tatum.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2018, 12:26:29 PM by rollie mass »

Re: Robert Williams(Merged Threads)
« Reply #838 on: July 15, 2018, 12:48:45 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Eddie, try to relax your baiting and trolling.  It detracts from the board a lot more than overlapping threads.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Re: Robert Williams(Merged Threads)
« Reply #839 on: July 15, 2018, 01:30:54 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Why are people telling Eddie to tone it down?  He’s not the aggressor, and that’s usually the case.  He disagrees with something and then gets called names and insulted.