Author Topic: Celtics in talks to land Porzingis? (Speculation)  (Read 19065 times)

Re: Celtics in talks to land Porzingis
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2017, 01:21:49 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 662
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Only thing off the table should be IT, Brown and the 2018 Nets pick

Send them #3 or pick Jackson for them, Lakers/kings pick and one guard not named IT...Rozier, Smart or Bradley

« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2017, 01:22:33 PM »

Offline jade88

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20
I don't see him as a lock to help a team win a championship. He's also coming off of an ugly sophomore slump. I'd rather get Butler because a Thomas/Butler backcourt is elite and guards are everything in the league right now.

Get Butler and take a crack at an All-Star level Forward in free agency.

JUST GIVE ME SOMEBODY TO IMPROVE US! without mortgaging away our future development of picks.

All i care about is beating the Likes of the Cavs this coming season. A 20 year old isn't going to get that done. Our future isn't brighter than adding one of Butler/George and than Hayward/Griffin.

« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2017, 01:24:36 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I don't see him as a lock to help a team win a championship. He's also coming off of an ugly sophomore slump. I'd rather get Butler because a Thomas/Butler backcourt is elite and guards are everything in the league right now.

JUST GIVE ME SOMEBODY TO IMPROVE US! without mortgaging away our future development of picks.

All i care about is beating the Likes of the Cavs this coming season. A 20 year old isn't going to get that done. Our future isn't brighter than adding one of Butler/George and than Hayward/Griffin.

Add him and Hayward and Boston is right there as well as being young enough to ride out the Cavs/Warriors storm. George is a rental. Butler I like but is older and the Bulls are just playing games

« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2017, 01:26:51 PM »

Offline jade88

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 20

Add him and Hayward and Boston is right there as well as being young enough to ride out the Cavs/Warriors storm. George is a rental. Butler I like but is older and the Bulls are just playing games

I'm sorry but i just don't look at Porzingis as a difference maker. I'd rather have star wings or a PF with a game like Blake.

« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2017, 01:26:58 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Yeah this is a deceptive title. No indication we're actively in trade talks at the moment.

Fairly likely we'll at least be giving it a shot soon if we haven't already, though.

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2017, 01:31:07 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
push in the chips!!

I'd imagine taking Melo off their hands steers this in our favor.  I feel like he'd waive the no-trade to come here and really challenge Lebron (finally).

Phil is a man of efficiency, he'll like moving both in one deal I'm sure. 

lots of salary to match....Amir/Zeller seem ideal.  Add Crowder, who can be a sage to their new rebuild.  Right there, $28.8M in and $26.2M out.

plus what?

LA/Kings pick

2018 boston first

future LAC first

that's four first round picks right there.  two top 5, plus taking all that salary off their hands.  a Brooklyn-esque haul that Phil would get to bring home to NYK.   

can't beat that right?  and how could we turn that down?

keeping the BKN 2018 pick, the future Mem pick, our current young core, while adding a win/now starter & a win/later stud? 
thank you yes please. 

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2017, 01:31:13 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468
Porzingis is a perfect fit for Brad's system.   He can shoot, defend and rebound from the Center position and is interchangable with Horford.  He can defend switches because of his length even when he gets beat by smaller players.

With that being said there are a few ways to get him IMO.  The one with the smaller cost would be taking Melo back as well.  Melo and Porzingis for the Lakers/Sac pick, 2018 Celtics 1st, Bradley and Crowder. 

If it's just or Porzingis then the 3 this year and Smart or Bradley would probably be the deal.  I'd prefer the C's moving down to 4 or 5 picking up another asset and then making the deal with NY. 

If he truly is available he fits the youth movement and win now mentality.  I just hope we can keep the pick this year and the brooklyn pick.

« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2017, 01:32:06 PM »

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Boston might have to take on Melo to get this done

« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2017, 01:33:03 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

If we are able to get Porzingis and Hayward, I would like to think we can ride out that storm, Cavs are way over luxury cap, that team is not sustainable thanks to GM LeBron giving 15-16 mil to JR and Thompson along with their big 3 all making their respective money. Either they start trading but that team as is, is destined to get broken up, but they did get 3 finals trip and 1 chip out of it so it's not that bad

Warriors is another team that I don't know if their players will all stick around past 2019 or 2020, i think by then they would have 3-4 championships by then and someone will want to get paid the good money.

Porzingis is still on his rookie contract for 3 more years, which is excellent value, and then you throw max money at hayward, make a few moves to save some space, hopefully retaining one of smart and Bradley and let's go!

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2017, 01:34:39 PM »

Offline CelticGuardian

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 43
  • Blood. Sweat. & Tears.
Please let this be true. We need this guy so bad...

« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2017, 01:35:34 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
I'd rather have davis, but you know the old sang,

A Porzingis in hand is better than a Davis in the Bush.

Re: Celtics in talks to land Porzingis? (Speculation)
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2017, 01:36:11 PM »

Offline Chief Macho

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 84
@sam_amick
On the Kristaps Porzingis front, one exec who has been in touch with the Knicks describes their asking price as "very aggressive."

« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2017, 01:36:57 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Sure DA

gives it a try

Zinger is a CBS guy and fit and 1000 times better than KO

also a great place to unload KO, Young and AB or Crowder .

get it done Danny

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2017, 01:37:12 PM »

Offline Smokeeye123

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 156
Trade would probably be Crowder/#3/LAL pick.

That's a lot

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2017, 01:38:26 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
Chris Mannix Tweets:

Growing skepticism among some execs in contact w/New York that the Knicks are serious about a KP deal. Price described as extremely high.

Sounds about right. So they're not completely crazy, just willing to explore any angle.