Author Topic: Pick a Player Over/Under Points Game  (Read 4577464 times)

Re: Pick a Player Over/Under Points Game
« Reply #10725 on: March 25, 2011, 12:00:01 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
MARCH 25, 2011

GreenFaith1819 - Anthony Randolph, Minnesota Timberwolves: 4.4
BareFacedMonk - Marcus Thornton, Sacramento Kings: 11.2
Bahku - Samardo Samuels, Cleveland Cavaliers: 7.7
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #10726 on: March 25, 2011, 12:03:12 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
TP for the "Quick-Draw" winner, GF! ;)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #10727 on: March 25, 2011, 12:05:21 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
TP for the "Quick-Draw" winner, GF! ;)

Same to you, man...I just hope that AR can continue his scoring binge...he's going up against Perk and Serge, so it may be tough going for him tonight.

« Reply #10728 on: March 25, 2011, 12:26:40 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 997
  • PEACE
MARCH 25, 2011

MattG12 - Tyler Hansbrough, Indiana Pacers: 11.0

I give up on this game until the playoffs.

« Reply #10729 on: March 25, 2011, 12:29:38 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
MARCH 25, 2011

Why?

You're only two wins from the lead, for Pete's sake,  :)

« Reply #10730 on: March 25, 2011, 12:44:41 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • PEACE
MARCH 25, 2011

Why?

Answer:

- I don't think I've won in at least 2 weeks
- Bahku and BFM have probably compiled about 9 wins between them in that time and it seems like every time one of them comes in first the other one comes in second
- I've realized it's pointless trying to make my pick at midnight because I never get mine in first and every time I do it says I posted it at 11:59:59
- Tonight I posted at 12:26 and I was still the 4th person to post... probably would have been the same had I posted at midnight
- Lastly, and I hate to call attention to it because I'm friends with them, but I'm in a bad mood... but it's kind of tough when Bahku picks for himself and BFM at the same time every night and always picks the two best available players. This hurts everybody elses chances of ever getting a top 1 or 2 pick because Bahku's timing is synched better than anybody else on this blog. Sorry guys... that's just been frustrating me lately, especially when BFM is still roaming the blog well after midnight... it's not like he can't make his own picks. Oh well... I haven't seen any rules against it so do what you've gotta do.

« Reply #10731 on: March 25, 2011, 12:51:09 AM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
MARCH 25, 2011

???????

Hansbrough's probably the best pick for tomorrow ... I would have tried to get him myself, but he's on my void list. If you would like Samuels, I'd be happy to pick somebody else, Bud. :)

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #10732 on: March 25, 2011, 12:51:39 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1796
  • The Dude Abides
Wow. Well, I'll happily swap my pick with you Matt if you feel you're at some sort of disadvantage here. Bahku has offered to make picks for anyone. You can ask him to do it too...knowing Bahku, I know he won't refuse you or anybody. Heck, I'll even take it a bit further and say that he'll make picks for everyone if you let him know in advance. I didn't know a game meant for fun was going to bring out such feelings in people. I'm withdrawing my pick...Thornton is available for anyone who wants to pick him.

BTW, Bahku, doesn't randomly pick the best player for me...he only picks the one I ask him to via PMs.
"An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching." - M.K. Gandhi

« Reply #10733 on: March 25, 2011, 12:52:20 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
MARCH 25, 2011

« Reply #10734 on: March 25, 2011, 12:58:55 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • PEACE
Wow. Well, I'll happily swap my pick with you Matt if you feel you're at some sort of disadvantage here. Bahku has offered to make picks for anyone. You can ask him to do it too...knowing Bahku, I know he won't refuse you or anybody. Heck, I'll even take it a bit further and say that he'll make picks for everyone if you let him know in advance. I didn't know a game meant for fun was going to bring out such feelings in people. I'm withdrawing my pick...Thornton is available for anyone who wants to pick him.

Please don't do that... it's not a big deal. I know Bahku has offered to make picks for other people but I feel that his offer is being abused. If you have somewhere you need to be and you wouldn't be able to make a pick at all it makes sense to have somebody pick for you. I just think people that actually show up to make their picks at midnight shouldn't be picking from scraps when the best two players are taken immediately every night.

Like I said, I consider you guys my friends... and there are no rules against it so keep doing it. The game is supposed to be fun but it becomes less fun when the same people pick first every night and alternate wins every night.

« Reply #10735 on: March 25, 2011, 01:01:14 AM »

Offline barefacedmonk

• Tiny Archibald
  • The Dude Abides
It's no biggie...from now on I'll wait until at least 4-5 people have made their picks. I don't want anybody calling me out for such trivial issues.

« Reply #10736 on: March 25, 2011, 01:02:51 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
MARCH 25, 2011

Why?

Answer:

- Bahku and BFM have probably compiled about 9 wins between them in that time and it seems like every time one of them comes in first the other one comes in second
- I've realized it's pointless trying to make my pick at midnight because I never get mine in first and every time I do it says I posted it at 11:59:59
- Tonight I posted at 12:26 and I was still the 4th person to post... probably would have been the same had I posted at midnight
- Lastly, and I hate to call attention to it because I'm friends with them, but I'm in a bad mood... but it's kind of tough when Bahku picks for himself and BFM at the same time every night and always picks the two best available players. This hurts everybody elses chances of ever getting a top 1 or 2 pick because Bahku's timing is synched better than anybody else on this blog. Sorry guys... that's just been frustrating me lately, especially when BFM is still roaming the blog well after midnight... it's not like he can't make his own picks. Oh well... I haven't seen any rules against it so do what you've gotta do.

Hmmmm, I'm sorry, Matt, but I think that's kind of silly. When I get up at around 6 am there are always four to five picks (at least) that have been made. It's just the nature of the game. I do find it a bit irritating that people will try to get their pick in precisely at midnight EST but I can't really blame them. Also, saying you can't ever win (well, not your exact words but you get the point) is silly, too. Look at me, I've played around 145 times and I've only got four (1, 2, 3, 4) wins. I think I haven't won in, what, four months or so?! Yet I keep playing. I'm sure it has to do with not being able to pick in the top five of players who are doing well at the moment but what can I do? Plus, sometimes I've picked players that no one else would pick because I was tired of seeing the same names come up all the time. So, to sum it up, just keep picking, you never know what will happen. Yes, we all want to win but it's supposed to be fun. Also, when the playoffs come around, it won't matter a tiny bit who got the most RS wins. Finally, I know Bahku offers to pick for people, so you could just ask him to do so. It's not an exclusive thing to bfm.

« Reply #10737 on: March 25, 2011, 01:08:16 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • PEACE
It's no biggie...from now on I'll wait until at least 4-5 people have made their picks. I don't want anybody calling me out for such trivial issues.

lol that's not what I'm saying. You can pick first every night... I just feel that if you are going to... you should actually show up.

It's annoying when I try to post my pick at midnight... and I post a second too early 2 nights in a row... and in both of those nights you and Bahku pick 1 & 2 even though you didn't even show up to make a pick you just "reserved a pick" with Bahku. Then I have to go back and change my pick and by the time I find somebody that's worth picking... they're taken by somebody else. Then I have to settle for a 4th pick.

Take Thornton back though... I don't want him. I didn't mean to start anything. Again, it isn't against the rules... I just think next season maybe it should be.

« Reply #10738 on: March 25, 2011, 01:09:41 AM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
MattG12 - For my 9 wins, 8 of them came well after midnight....I say this because I think that this probably the best part of PAPOUG - the uncertainty of it all.

AR may seem like a sure pick, but I had to look at him hard for a bit because he is going up against Perk and Serge tonight - I'm sure he won't go for 31 again.

For my win the other night with Jeff Teague? That was my third pick with him in about 8 days...I figured he'd win for me sooner or later.

Hang in there, Man.....there are still many players that don't get picked that can still score high.

« Reply #10739 on: March 25, 2011, 01:11:19 AM »

Offline MattG12

• Ray Allen
  • PEACE
MARCH 25, 2011

Why?

Answer:

Hmmmm, I'm sorry, Matt, but I think that's kind of silly. When I get up at around 6 am there are always four to five picks (at least) that have been made. It's just the nature of the game. I do find it a bit irritating that people will try to get their pick in precisely at midnight EST but I can't really blame them. Also, saying you can't ever win (well, not your exact words but you get the point) is silly, too. Look at me, I've played around 145 times and I've only got four (1, 2, 3, 4) wins. I think I haven't won in, what, four months or so?! Yet I keep playing. I'm sure it has to do with not being able to pick in the top five of players who are doing well at the moment but what can I do? Plus, sometimes I've picked players that no one else would pick because I was tired of seeing the same names come up all the time. So, to sum it up, just keep picking, you never know what will happen. Yes, we all want to win but it's supposed to be fun. Also, when the playoffs come around, it won't matter a tiny bit who got the most RS wins. Finally, I know Bahku offers to pick for people, so you could just ask him to do so. It's not an exclusive thing to bfm.

But I don't need him to pick for me and neither does BFM... we're both awake. If it's just a silly game that's being played for fun... why does BFM need to have his pick made by Bahku at midnight every night?