Author Topic: Your Fantasy Basketball Team: Advice, Counsel, Discussion, Tips, Etc.  (Read 1734 times)

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96
Alright, didn't see a topic to discuss your fantasy basketball team, get advice, vent, etc. I'll kick this off.

Just had a draft, ten team, head to head, nine categories (Field Goal Percentage (FG%), Free Throw Percentage (FT%), 3-point Shots Made (3PTM), Points Scored (PTS), Total Rebounds (REB), Assists (AST), Steals (ST), Blocked Shots (BLK), Turnovers (TO)) PG, SG, G, G, SF, PF, F, F, C, C, BN, BN, BN, BN.

I had the 9th pick out of 10. A draft position I dislike. Too late to get a real stud player, then such a long time between picks 9 and 11 and my next two. Just a problematic position I feel.

This was my draft:

1. (9) Chris Bosh 
2. (12) Deron Williams 
3. (29) Gerald Wallace 
4. (32) Paul Pierce 
5. (49) Ray Allen 
6. (52) Mehmet Okur 
7. (69) O.J. Mayo 
8. (72) John Salmons 
9. (89) Ramon Sessions 
10. (92) Spencer Hawes 
11. (109) Nate Robinson 
12. (112) Courtney Lee 
13. (129) Ronnie Brewer 
14. (132) Channing Frye 

Didn't intend to get two Ray and Paul, ha. just ended up that way. Were sitting there and pulled the trigger. Should be good on fg %, ft %, got some decent 3's, boards are ok, steals seem ok. Assists are middle of the road. blocks are eh. Not sure where to go. Missed out on a couple guys I wanted that got picked just before my turn. Oh well.

Ended up going with a lot of "potential" type guys (Lee, Sessions, Salmons, etc).

Any thoughts, tips, advice?

Feel free to share your team here, get some advice, brag, bemoan, etc.

Re: Your Fantasy Basketball Team: Advice, Counsel, Discussion, Tips, Etc.
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 10:44:21 PM »

Offline GKC

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 80
  • !@#$%
Alright, didn't see a topic to discuss your fantasy basketball team, get advice, vent, etc. I'll kick this off.

Just had a draft, ten team, head to head, nine categories (Field Goal Percentage (FG%), Free Throw Percentage (FT%), 3-point Shots Made (3PTM), Points Scored (PTS), Total Rebounds (REB), Assists (AST), Steals (ST), Blocked Shots (BLK), Turnovers (TO)) PG, SG, G, G, SF, PF, F, F, C, C, BN, BN, BN, BN.

I had the 9th pick out of 10. A draft position I dislike. Too late to get a real stud player, then such a long time between picks 9 and 11 and my next two. Just a problematic position I feel.

This was my draft:

1. (9) Chris Bosh 
2. (12) Deron Williams 
3. (29) Gerald Wallace 
4. (32) Paul Pierce 
5. (49) Ray Allen 
6. (52) Mehmet Okur 
7. (69) O.J. Mayo 
8. (72) John Salmons 
9. (89) Ramon Sessions 
10. (92) Spencer Hawes 
11. (109) Nate Robinson 
12. (112) Courtney Lee 
13. (129) Ronnie Brewer 
14. (132) Channing Frye 

Didn't intend to get two Ray and Paul, ha. just ended up that way. Were sitting there and pulled the trigger. Should be good on fg %, ft %, got some decent 3's, boards are ok, steals seem ok. Assists are middle of the road. blocks are eh. Not sure where to go. Missed out on a couple guys I wanted that got picked just before my turn. Oh well.

Ended up going with a lot of "potential" type guys (Lee, Sessions, Salmons, etc).

The larger the draft, I feel like the later positions are better. What you did do great was getting Deron Williams that late, because the disparity between Williams, Cp3 v all other PG's is quite staggering.

Are you playing wins per week or wins per category? The only pick that seems out of place to me is Gerald Wallace, as a quick look on your roster would make me think you were punting blocks.
[img width= height= alt=]http://www.thegarz.net/Core/lucky.jpg[/img]

Never Forget

"Just because I stand over you doesn't mean you understand me" - Qwel

Re: Your Fantasy Basketball Team: Advice, Counsel, Discussion, Tips, Etc.
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 10:54:56 PM »

Offline ChainSmokingLikeDino

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 96

This was my draft:

1. (9) Chris Bosh 
2. (12) Deron Williams 
3. (29) Gerald Wallace 
4. (32) Paul Pierce 
5. (49) Ray Allen 
6. (52) Mehmet Okur 
7. (69) O.J. Mayo 
8. (72) John Salmons 
9. (89) Ramon Sessions 
10. (92) Spencer Hawes 
11. (109) Nate Robinson 
12. (112) Courtney Lee 
13. (129) Ronnie Brewer 
14. (132) Channing Frye 

The larger the draft, I feel like the later positions are better. What you did do great was getting Deron Williams that late, because the disparity between Williams, Cp3 v all other PG's is quite staggering.

Are you playing wins per week or wins per category? The only pick that seems out of place to me is Gerald Wallace, as a quick look on your roster would make me think you were punting blocks.

I was pleasently surprised to see D. Williams sitting there. It is always weird when you have the second to last pick in a round in a snaking draft. You can have two guys in mind and try and figure out who to pick first based on who you think the guy with two picks in a row coming up will let slide.

Wallace was something of a best player available pick at the time. Figured if he throws some categories off their will be a market for him on the trade-block and can maybe get a player who compliments my team more back in return. Durant fell to #7 somehow. when he passed 6 I had my fingers crossed he would inexplicably drop to me but obviously that didn't happen.

Edit (forgot to say): It's yahoo head-to-head so each category (fg%, blocks, etc) gets counted as a win, loss or tie in the weekly matchup.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 11:00:27 PM by ChainSmokingLikeDino »