Author Topic: 2023 Red Sox Season Thread  (Read 31471 times)

Re: 2023 Red Sox Season Thread
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2023, 08:36:36 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
Has Red Sox pitching started this poorly ever?

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2023, 11:24:20 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Has Red Sox pitching started this poorly ever?

It’s incredibly bad. On the bright side, Sox are scoring a lot of runs. Duval is leading the league in avg and RBI’s. Yoshida hit a HR today and has looked decent thus far.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2023, 02:39:21 AM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
Offense has been humming but is not sustainable in a long season...but man this pitching is so bad it looks like it aint winning more than 75 wins bad.

« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2023, 04:23:21 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2023, 04:34:31 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
The last two games have been disappointing.  On the positive side, the games took two hours 36 minutes and two hours 32 minutes.  That’s a huge improvement.  The new rules are working and making the games much better to watch.

« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2023, 04:36:57 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
The hot start for the offense was an anomaly. What we've seen in these last three games against the Pirates is a much more accurate reflection of Boston's offense — it's bad. Which matches nicely with the bad rotation and bad defense. Boston will be lucky to get 80 wins this season.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #21 on: April 05, 2023, 05:33:54 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
The hot start for the offense was an anomaly. What we've seen in these last three games against the Pirates is a much more accurate reflection of Boston's offense — it's bad. Which matches nicely with the bad rotation and bad defense. Boston will be lucky to get 80 wins this season.

I tend to agree with you. Not expecting much

« Reply #22 on: April 05, 2023, 09:19:37 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416
Finally got a decent game out of a SP and they can’t score any runs. Smh.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2023, 07:27:18 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
Sad empty Fenway
Yup

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2023, 08:49:36 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478

80? I think we're more in line for 60. This team BLOWS. This starting rotation is the worst since... I don't even know. Probably the worst since I've been alive, and I'm 40.

The defense if awful, our hitting is mediocre. And we're in a good division. This is gonna be a long season. I hope this is a deliberate tank. Cause there's no other excuse for a team with these resources to be this terrible.

I actually signed up for a NESN+ annual subscription and got 4 free tickets. They probably couldn't give those things away.

« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2023, 08:51:59 AM »

Offline kraidstar

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 2478
The last two games have been disappointing.  On the positive side, the games took two hours 36 minutes and two hours 32 minutes.  That’s a huge improvement.  The new rules are working and making the games much better to watch.
if you're going to get embarrassed on a daily basis, better it happens in 2 1/2 hours than 4

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2023, 09:45:13 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
if you're going to get embarrassed on a daily basis, better it happens in 2 1/2 hours than 4

It's a good thing the 2020 season was shortened due to the pandemic, because if we had to watch 162 games of that atrocity (especially the horrendous pitching staff), then yikes
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2023, 12:27:15 PM »

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325

80? I think we're more in line for 60. This team BLOWS. This starting rotation is the worst since... I don't even know. Probably the worst since I've been alive, and I'm 40.

The defense if awful, our hitting is mediocre. And we're in a good division. This is gonna be a long season. I hope this is a deliberate tank. Cause there's no other excuse for a team with these resources to be this terrible.

I actually signed up for a NESN+ annual subscription and got 4 free tickets. They probably couldn't give those things away.

After I posted my comment yesterday, I started thinking 70-75, but you could be right with 60, LOL.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2023, 12:49:02 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

don't give up hope.  those tickets could be worth something if there's another toilet paper shortage and every piece of paper is like gold   ;D

« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2023, 01:13:15 PM »

Online Silas

• 2020 CelticsStrong Draft Guru
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1772

don't give up hope.  those tickets could be worth something if there's another toilet paper shortage and every piece of paper is like gold   ;D

like gold Jerry, gold...
I've lived through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.   -  Mark Twain