Author Topic: NBA Season 2022-23  (Read 293664 times)

Re: NBA Season 2022-23
« Reply #1515 on: January 30, 2023, 11:30:50 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
The Suns have the given the Bucks permission to meet with Jae Crowder ahead of the trade deadline, per The Athletic's Shams Charania.

SOURCE: Shams Charania on Twitter

Jan 30, 2023, 9:52 AM ET

Ugh.  He would help them.

Hopefully they have to at least give up a rotation player, like Grayson Allen.  Adding Crowder without taking anything away other than something like George Hill / Ibaka and picks would hurt.

They probably will have to give away someone of use.  It’s hard to make the salaries work otherwise.  The Suns aren’t interested in taking back three trash salaries.

The Suns could use a shooting guard.  Allen could fit that.  I don't see how Crowder starts in MIL though, or is part of their #1 line up.  He could be an option to Lopez I guess, play PF and have Giannis play C.

Holiday
Ingles (Assume Allen is traded)
Middleton
Crowder
Giannis

But I don't think this unit works:

Holiday
Middleton
Crowder
Giannis
Lopez

« Reply #1516 on: January 30, 2023, 12:29:05 PM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
The Suns have the given the Bucks permission to meet with Jae Crowder ahead of the trade deadline, per The Athletic's Shams Charania.

Hopefully they have to at least give up a rotation player, like Grayson Allen.  Adding Crowder without taking anything away other than something like George Hill / Ibaka and picks would hurt.

They probably will have to give away someone of use.  It’s hard to make the salaries work otherwise.  The Suns aren’t interested in taking back three trash salaries.
Depends on if they like Beauchamp because him, Hill, and Matthews is enough salary.  Is Beauchamp (i.e. a rookie 1st rounder) sufficient value for the Suns.  Hill and Matthews are both expiring and could provide some occasional bench minutes for the Suns.  That saves the Suns some salary as well and if they bought out Hill or Matthews, they could save some more salary. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1517 on: January 30, 2023, 12:46:07 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 468

Depends on if they like Beauchamp because him, Hill, and Matthews is enough salary.  Is Beauchamp (i.e. a rookie 1st rounder) sufficient value for the Suns.  Hill and Matthews are both expiring and could provide some occasional bench minutes for the Suns.  That saves the Suns some salary as well and if they bought out Hill or Matthews, they could save some more salary.

Doesn't look like they are giving up anything of value if they'd do the below deal.  All expiring contracts.  If they did the below deal it would to just be to move on from the situation.  Crowder would be a great fit as a wing to spell the J's.  I'd hate to see him go to the bucks.

The Bucks were one of the teams that had interest in Crowder back in October, so it should come as no surprise that they'll be in on him as the February 9th trade deadline approaches. The rumored deal is centered around Jordan Nwora, George Hill and Serge Ibaka, which would provide the Suns with depth, but none of these guys would be worth a roster spot in standard leagues, barring injury. Crowder wouldn't slide into the starting unit in Milwaukee, but he'll be a solid rotation player. He can provide 3-pointers and steals in deeper leagues if he sees a consistent role in Milwaukee.

RELATED: Jordan Nwora, George Hill, Serge Ibaka

« Reply #1518 on: January 30, 2023, 07:52:07 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Ben Simmons out again with “left knee soreness”

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1519 on: January 30, 2023, 09:24:59 PM »

Offline MattyIce

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 743
orlando hurt us, will they help us tonight?  they were down 21 now up 8 with 36 seconds to go against philly

« Reply #1520 on: January 30, 2023, 09:26:15 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
Sixers lose!! Thanks Orlando
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1521 on: January 30, 2023, 09:52:24 PM »

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Wow, Coach Mazzulla named All-Star coach for Team Giannis. If he smart, he'll run his eastern conference competitors to the ground  ;D

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1522 on: January 30, 2023, 09:58:53 PM »

Offline radiohead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 1237
Wow, Coach Mazzulla named All-Star coach for Team Giannis. If he smart, he'll run his eastern conference competitors to the ground  ;D

Let’s hope he doesn’t play JT for 40 mins! Seriously though, that’s how crazy this season has been. A lot of us (me included) have been very critical of Joe’s coaching style and yet here he is coaching the All Star Game at 34 years old.

« Reply #1523 on: January 31, 2023, 06:19:11 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Westbrook passes Payton for 10th all time in assists. 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1524 on: January 31, 2023, 07:19:48 AM »

Offline Wretch

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
Isn't that called the Nick Nurse? Didn't he do that to Kemba when Kemba's knee was injured?

« Reply #1525 on: January 31, 2023, 08:23:16 AM »

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177

Ime never did that.

« Reply #1526 on: January 31, 2023, 08:36:45 AM »

Offline GetLucky

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 349

Ime never did that.

I wish there were more things Ime never did.

Just kidding! I am Team Joe. The offense looks remarkably better this year and the defense seems to be rounding into form, even with Al and Rob taking it easier this regular season.

EDIT: Yep, the C's are currently 4th in Defensive Rating as a team. The difference between them and #1 (1.2 points per 100) is the same difference between them and #8. They also have the 4th highest offensive rating in the NBA, and they're closer to 1st (.8 per 100 away) than 6th (1.0 per 100 higher).

« Reply #1527 on: January 31, 2023, 08:42:28 AM »

Online Celtics2021

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 986

Ime never did that.

Just kidding! I am Team Joe. The offense looks remarkably better this year and the defense seems to be rounding into form, even with Al and Rob taking it easier this regular season.

EDIT: Yep, the C's are currently 4th in Defensive Rating as a team. The difference between them and #1 (1.2 points per 100) is the same difference between them and #8. They also have the 4th highest offensive rating in the NBA, and they're closer to 1st (.8 per 100 away) than 6th (1.0 per 100 higher).

Yep.  And at least as of a couple of days ago, they were the only team in the top 4 for both.

« Reply #1528 on: January 31, 2023, 10:25:04 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25628
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Ime never did that.

Yep.  And at least as of a couple of days ago, they were the only team in the top 4 for both.

I preferred Ime and last year's coaching staff.  I would have liked to see what he could have done with the addition of Brogdon. 

In fairness to Joe, he doesn't have the equivalent of a Will Hardy or Joe Mazzulla on his coaching staff.  He's been good.  But, Ime had us playing at an elite level, which I don't think that this year's team has reached yet despite having more talent.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #1529 on: January 31, 2023, 10:48:34 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 870
I preferred Ime and last year's coaching staff.  I would have liked to see what he could have done with the addition of Brogdon. 

In fairness to Joe, he doesn't have the equivalent of a Will Hardy or Joe Mazzulla on his coaching staff.  He's been good.  But, Ime had us playing at an elite level, which I don't think that this year's team has reached yet despite having more talent.

It is hard to knock Joe when this season's team has more wins than last season's team had at this time.  This was about the time that the team started on a serious run but up to that point, we were like a 0.500 team.  And the team did not look like a well coached team.

I don't entirely disagree with you on your main point.  Ime had a certain maturity to him that I believe rubbed off on the team.  It is tough for a coach as young and inexperienced as Mazzulla to have that.  I just get the feeling that Ime had more authority or something with the team, had more command of the team.

But I had plenty of questions about Ime about this time last season.  He was able to answer them by the end of the season.  With Joe, it kind of seems the opposite, it seemed great to start but somehow, something with the team seems to be slipping away.  I am not going to give up on Joe just yet though.  Last season, the better play started almost overnight.  They just clicked.  Let's see if they can do that again.