Author Topic: NBA Season 2022-23  (Read 293573 times)

Re: NBA Season 2022-23
« Reply #1455 on: January 25, 2023, 10:44:14 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
Good game on ESPN between the Warriors and Grizzlies. These teams do not like each other…  :laugh:
« Last Edit: January 25, 2023, 10:56:05 PM by Goldstar88 »
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #1456 on: January 25, 2023, 11:17:50 PM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2932
Ja is so athletic, both quick and bouncy. Don't remember the last time I've seen someone so athletic. Perhaps prime D-Rose?

« Reply #1457 on: January 26, 2023, 12:32:44 AM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1435
Ja is so athletic, both quick and bouncy. Don't remember the last time I've seen someone so athletic. Perhaps prime D-Rose?

He’s special, that’s for sure. Most exciting player in the NBA.
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #1458 on: January 26, 2023, 12:53:27 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
Wow, Curry ejected with less than two minutes left for throwing his mouthpiece in the stands.  ;D

I think it's the right call. That's an automatic ejection if you throw something in the stands, as it's a danger/safety thing. The funny thing is, it was in reference to being mad at Poole taking a very dumb long three pointer off an offensive rebound.

« Reply #1459 on: January 26, 2023, 01:19:37 AM »

Offline MarcusSmartFanClub

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 59
Agree. curry lost his cool.

Ja Morant is amazing. They will win big games once they add a second star.

« Reply #1460 on: January 26, 2023, 01:20:53 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
Things got a bit chippy in the 76ers/Nets game. Joel Embiid yanked Ben Simmons lol.

Anthony Davis returns tonight and ofc puts up some Anthony Davis numbers with 21/12 off the bench. Hope Timelord is back when the Lakers come to town this weekend.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #1461 on: January 26, 2023, 07:21:41 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
He has prime D Rose athleticism for sure. With all the extra space he destroys the rim more than Rose did. I know Rose had some poster dunks, but his truly special skill was just floating and contorting his body mid air for circus shots. It felt like he would never come back down to Earth on some of his attempts. Crazy athleticism.
#JKJB

« Reply #1462 on: January 26, 2023, 07:43:47 AM »

Offline Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2525
Wow, Curry ejected with less than two minutes left for throwing his mouthpiece in the stands.  ;D

I think it's the right call. That's an automatic ejection if you throw something in the stands, as it's a danger/safety thing. The funny thing is, it was in reference to being mad at Poole taking a very dumb long three pointer off an offensive rebound.

Curry’s mouthpiece twirling is the most nauseating habit in all sports.  If he threw it at me in the stands I’d go to excessive lengths to avoid contact.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2023, 08:01:15 AM by Neurotic Guy »

« Reply #1463 on: January 26, 2023, 08:49:32 AM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766

He’s special, that’s for sure. Most exciting player in the NBA.

Depends on what excites you, but I think the most exciting is Jokic with the way he threads needles and the ball pops around to get easy buckets for his teammates.

Still, the way Morant uses his athleticism and stays aggressive on offense and defense is pretty fun to watch.

« Reply #1464 on: January 26, 2023, 09:05:41 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549
Lillard with his 4th 60 point game tying Harden and Jordan for 3rd all time.  Kobe has 6 and Wilt has 32.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1465 on: January 26, 2023, 09:23:51 AM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
As someone who was a big WWE fan in the late 90s, I can fully appreciate Embiid's D-X gesture last night.  That was pretty good.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #1466 on: January 26, 2023, 10:05:23 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!
I think it's in our best interests if PHI is the 2 seed. MIL with Giannis still scares me way more, and that way in a 2 vs. 3 playoff matchup, PHI having homecourt there could be vital against MIL.

I'm still not as sold on BKN. They've certainly looked better lately, but like always I'm sure some drama will befall them involving Simmons/Cryrie, but also their defense is still hot garbage

C's do need to start racking up wins again. PHI + MIL are now both less than 4 games back of us, so we can't let up. I'm willing to excuse the last few losses to a combination of resting guys and just a bad little Florida trip, but we're mostly healthy tonight and have a favorable stretch coming up over the next few weeks (with just a few marquee games here and there)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #1467 on: January 26, 2023, 10:45:38 AM »

Offline A Future of Stevens

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 486
Lillard with his 4th 60 point game tying Harden and Jordan for 3rd all time.  Kobe has 6 and Wilt has 32.
The Wilt numbers always make me chuckle. "Wilt has over 5 times as many 60 pt games as 2nd place."
#JKJB

« Reply #1468 on: January 26, 2023, 10:48:10 AM »

Offline jpotter33

• James Naismith
I think it's in our best interests if PHI is the 2 seed. MIL with Giannis still scares me way more, and that way in a 2 vs. 3 playoff matchup, PHI having homecourt there could be vital against MIL.

I'm still not as sold on BKN. They've certainly looked better lately, but like always I'm sure some drama will befall them involving Simmons/Cryrie, but also their defense is still hot garbage

C's do need to start racking up wins again. PHI + MIL are now both less than 4 games back of us, so we can't let up. I'm willing to excuse the last few losses to a combination of resting guys and just a bad little Florida trip, but we're mostly healthy tonight and have a favorable stretch coming up over the next few weeks (with just a few marquee games here and there)

I’m not sure what our best bet would be there. A lot hinges on the health of each team, particularly Middleton and KD.

Honestly, though, I probably go with Philly. While they’re probably a slightly better regular season team than the other two, I think both Milwaukee and Brooklyn are better playoff teams and have actual players who have proven themselves in the playoffs. I don’t think we’ve seen either Embiid or Harden really prove themselves outside of the regular season.

With Brooklyn, while I think we matchup really well with them, they’re a much more complete two-way team this year. And when you pair that with two offensive juggernauts and clutch performers in KD and Kyrie, that’s potentially scary.

With Milwaukee, that’s not our greatest matchup given their size down low. But, without Middleton they just don’t have the firepower to keep up and we’re a step ahead of them. With as healthy Middleton they’re a lot closer, but I still put us ahead given we have the personnel to make things at least difficult for Giannis.

« Reply #1469 on: January 26, 2023, 11:04:20 AM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2954
  • On To Banner 18!

I’m not sure what our best bet would be there. A lot hinges on the health of each team, particularly Middleton and KD.

Honestly, though, I probably go with Philly. While they’re probably a slightly better regular season team than the other two, I think both Milwaukee and Brooklyn are better playoff teams and have actual players who have proven themselves in the playoffs. I don’t think we’ve seen either Embiid or Harden really prove themselves outside of the regular season.

With Brooklyn, while I think we matchup really well with them, they’re a much more complete two-way team this year. And when you pair that with two offensive juggernauts and clutch performers in KD and Kyrie, that’s potentially scary.

With Milwaukee, that’s not our greatest matchup given their size down low. But, without Middleton they just don’t have the firepower to keep up and we’re a step ahead of them. With as healthy Middleton they’re a lot closer, but I still put us ahead given we have the personnel to make things at least difficult for Giannis.

Yeah and I think Doc Rivers is a moron (but thanks for 2008)

I guess I just fear Giannis more. MIL overall is also obviously more battle-tested and they won it all just recently.

PHI's perimeter shooting potential does worry me a bit. We do play PHI 3 more times before the end of the season, so I think that can give us a bit of a gauge as to where we stand matchup-wise with PHI. Either way, I think if we can avoid MIL/PHI until the ECF, we're in a good spot
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller